Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
It is now a daily incident whereby my computer (2 year old laptop, started with windows 7 but was changed to 10) starts struggling to connect to the internet (adapter is 8 feet away and always within sight, not to mention it's being picked up by people living two houses away), and eventually the wireless adapter seems to fail altogether. Once it is in this state, the computer is basically screwed - if I mess with wireless settings to disable or reset the adapter, the computer instantly freezes then and there, and it absolutely needs to be shut down by holding the power button as you're not supposed to do. Curiously, if I try to shut down the computer the normal way, it won't ever finish turning off - it'll go through all the motions and the screen will go dark, but it stays powered on regardless and must again be shut down by holding the power button.

On occasion instead, it will enter an odd state where I can adjust adapter settings, but they won't do anything - going in there will just have it say that the adapter is enabled but the options imply that it's disabled and that you should re-enable it, which changes nothing.

The useless 'diagnose problems' thing doesn't do anything in this situation of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Please use the template in the sticky Rules thread, we can't really help much without any information about your computer. My main advice is to try updating to the latest drivers from the wireless adapter manufacturer's website.

• Locked thread