Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Nathilus posted:

(Presumably you latch your mouth over your child's and suck out some of theirs).

Unh, you might want to have that looked at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

H.H posted:

how many coloring books do you own?

None it was the harry potter bit that offended me and made me melt down.

Ironically, I made fun of my best bro in high school for reading them. Then he was all like "just read one dog youll see" and lent me the first one. I asked for the second one the next morning. :spergin:

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
It's super relaxing, guys. The patterns are really complex. It's supposed to be meditative in the way a crafting hobby might be except you don't need tools or talent or really anything but a thirty dollar book and some Crayola.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ben Smash posted:

It's super relaxing, guys. The patterns are really complex. It's supposed to be meditative in the way a crafting hobby might be except you don't need tools or talent or really anything but a thirty dollar book and some Crayola.

Haha friend I think you must have made a typo, it appears you wrote that one of these coloring books could cost thirty dollars

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Since I found out that grown-rear end people out there play video games, nothing surprises me.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Some are twenty.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
$30?? does it come with a complimentary bj?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

last time i visited my mom she had one of these books and she had done some really interesting designs with colors and textures. she can't do gardening and carpentry projects as much as she used to so it was nice to see she had found something else she can be creative with :3:

also the books cost like $6

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

last time i visited my mom she had one of these books and she had done some really interesting designs with colors and textures. she can't do gardening and carpentry projects as much as she used to so it was nice to see she had found something else she can be creative with :3:

also the books cost like $6

sorry to say but your mom is lame

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pannus posted:

If they had been "adult" in the same way as adult movies it would have been kinda cool, but afaik it's just pics of flowers and poo poo

Every colouring book can be an 'adult' colouring book with just a little imagination!

But colouring books with adult themes also exist:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

no cool adult does it anymore

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
We used an "adult" coloring book for high school biology and it was intricate and educational. They can be useful if done right.

Like this:

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
They should bring back pogs, but for adults. Maybe they could make pogs like, represent stocks, and people win stocks from other people in pog contests.

Then we ban the big metal slammers but for whatever reason the really rich get to keep using them anyway

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Yeah... this is pretty dumb but.... I don't know, not quite dumb enough. We can do better.

Ahh, adult coloring book monthly subscription boxes! NOW w'ere talking!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

adult :wink: coloring books

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah... this is pretty dumb but.... I don't know, not quite dumb enough. We can do better.

Ahh, adult coloring book monthly subscription boxes! NOW w'ere talking!

this is the worst. Double worst.....

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if u dont play sports u suck

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
If I want to see pretty color patterns, I just close my eyes and then press my thumbs into my eyelids, it's super relaxing. Also alcohol.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I did a page out of one once and I think it looked pretty cool

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i got a game of thrones coloring book for christmas and i thought it was a really nice gesture but i haven't used it at all. instead i've been browsing gbs, a valuable use of my time

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

there have also been several threads about adult coloring books in gbs since then so idk i think you guys secretly like them

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ben Smash posted:

I did a page out of one once and I think it looked pretty cool

I did too, my mom put it up on the fridge

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Hoplosternum posted:

They're meant to be all relaxing and poo poo. Lots of the books claim to offer "mindfulness".

And Zen. Don't forget Zen.

I don't get the hate, really. How is it different than sitting around watching sports or netflix all day or posting on GBS? It's not like any of those things are productive either.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Retail Slave posted:

I don't get the hate, really. How is it different than sitting around watching sports or netflix all day or posting on GBS? It's not like any of those things are productive either.

Usually comes on the tail of "something you can talk to people about" on the basis that people are more likely to know about a hit TV series that they netflixed and chilled to it than something with a quieter audience. I hate that, but I get it too.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Retail Slave posted:

Well actually some sa users have leveraged their posting career into new opportunities in the web entertainment sphere, such as getting publicly owned by guy froero and sports mascots, and that msnbc guy

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i only read books on small engine repair

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This poo poo must be laser-targeted at certain groups, and no one else. I only heard about these adult coloring books about a year ago, and thinking it the dumbest poo poo ever, I go an Amazon to see what 3rd rate publishing house is putting these out. Oh wait, there are tens of thousands of adult coloring books for sale.

Where did this poo poo come from? When did it come from? How? Why?!

EDIT: Jesus, she's using Prismacolors. So not only has she spent hundred on books, she's also spent hundreds on the pencils as well.

i got a cool coloring book that has cityscapes in it and it cost me 6 dollars but yeah the prismacolors I bought cost me 90 lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Ben Smash posted:

its a great way to stay fat

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

actually this book rules

https://www.walmart.com/ip/44713706...6&wl13=&veh=sem

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Doctor J Off posted:

Well actually some sa users have leveraged their posting career into new opportunities in the web entertainment sphere, such as getting publicly owned by guy froero and sports mascots, and that msnbc guy

I wonder if any colouring book people have BIG DREAMS of becoming youtube colouring book viral stars and making megabucks

I had a look and all I could find was this company shilling coloring book "Master Class Webinars":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibdiylrVFwE

Edit: poo poo, they got a 1hr 40min coloring book "master class" video in the related videos

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I wonder if any colouring book people have BIG DREAMS of becoming youtube colouring book viral stars and making megabucks

I had a look and all I could find was this company shilling coloring book "Master Class Webinars":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibdiylrVFwE

Edit: poo poo, they got a 1hr 40min coloring book "master class" video in the related videos

I feel like it all starts with a sudden career change after a flop. The kind where a friend or associate says something to cheer them up on a loss, but also end up raising an eyebrow.

"So you didn't get to make it into any of the departments at Disney. You know...There's some good money in these 'adult coloring books'. No, they aren't what you think!"

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
jfc i just went on amazon and these things are blowing up

https://www.amazon.com/Adult-Coloring-Book-Relieving-Patterns/dp/1941325122

4.5 stars and 1700 reviews...this is the kind of scam business i need to get into. this computer poo poo is for the birds. it probably cost $3 dollars to make that book of random patterns and the margins must be phenomenal

maybe i can find another child market item to rebrand as "adult" so i can get maximum profit without having to actually do any work like adult big wheels or pogo sticks

maybe a lawn dart revival

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Do these books come with instructions? Like, are the white spaces between lines marked with letters to indicate color (ex 'R' means use Red)? That's the only way I know how to color.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Robot Pride posted:

jfc i just went on amazon and these things are blowing up

https://www.amazon.com/Adult-Coloring-Book-Relieving-Patterns/dp/1941325122

4.5 stars and 1700 reviews...this is the kind of scam business i need to get into. this computer poo poo is for the birds. it probably cost $3 dollars to make that book of random patterns and the margins must be phenomenal

maybe i can find another child market item to rebrand as "adult" so i can get maximum profit without having to actually do any work like adult big wheels or pogo sticks

maybe a lawn dart revival

Bring back the non pussified water guns that really soaked.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I believe adult big wheels already exist, and are more commonly known as "cars"

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
you know, instead of repurposing children's items for the adult market maybe there's a monster business opportunity in repurposing adult consumer goods for children like cigarettes, car insurance or sex toys, etc?

maybe like a sharper image but for babbys

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i like coloring im good at it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wicker Man posted:

Bring back the non pussified water guns that really soaked.

Wait water guns have been pussified?? This whole time I thought we'd been making leaps and bounds in the technology of soaking people!

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

My brother and I were killing time in Old Town in Albuquerque when we were like 17 or so, and there was a religious gift shop where we found had a CHILDREN'S coloring book about St. Maria Goretti. Any Catholics here will know why that's such a bad idea.

She was a 12-13 year old who was martyred by being stabbed to death while trying to avoid being raped by a farmhand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
You can tell they're being marketed to the Christian Conservative market. I've found a ton that are "color bible verses" or "color the Psalms" or some poo poo. Even our adult coloring books are getting preachy.,

• Locked thread