Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Marker sniffing connoisseur here.

The flavors man, my god the flavors and the aroma and after taste. Incredibly nuanced and rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Instead of using crayons on adult coloring books, I just jizz on childrens' coloring books.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

wide stance posted:

Marker sniffing connoisseur here.

The flavors man, my god the flavors and the aroma and after taste. Incredibly nuanced and rich.

remember the markers that smelled rly good. not normal poison smell, but the scented ones? i remember.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i remember those dry erase markers

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Smythe posted:

remember the markers that smelled rly good. not normal poison smell, but the scented ones? i remember.

my local target has a huge floor-standing display of them by the checkout lines. its cool but 90s nostalgia is too soon, im not that old yet!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
coloring books are pretty dumb but then again I spend money on lego so idk whatever man the world is piss anyway

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ASMR POV Adult Coloring

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I colored drunk once. I drew dicks on everything.

EVERYTHING.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Smythe posted:

ASMR POV Adult Coloring

poo poo is extremely my jam

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I remember those scented markers. People used to argue what the brown ones smelled like. It was supposed to be chocolate, but everyone had their own theory. At one point the idea of the brown marker smelling like poo was brought up, and the teacher had to calm everyone down by assuring us that it was chocolate. I said that it smelled like poo from someone who ate a bunch of chocolate and was told to sit quietly while the other children colored.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Friginator posted:

I remember those scented markers. People used to argue what the brown ones smelled like. It was supposed to be chocolate, but everyone had their own theory. At one point the idea of the brown marker smelling like poo was brought up, and the teacher had to calm everyone down by assuring us that it was chocolate. I said that it smelled like poo from someone who ate a bunch of chocolate and was told to sit quietly while the other children colored.

hoist by youre own retard :grin:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

hoist by youre own retard :grin:

You keep trying to make that work and it just doesn't.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
id pay american hard currency for an applewhite adult coloring book

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Friginator posted:

You keep trying to make that work and it just doesn't.

shoot for the moon, even if you miss youll land among the stars :kiddo:

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Nooner posted:

shoot for the moon, even if you miss youll land among the stars :kiddo:

The stars are really far away.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

an entire generation broken

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Yeah I'll just get right to work on your adult coloring book with my Crayolas and advanced Parkinson's disease

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Uncle Wemus posted:

an entire generation broken

a good war will whip them into shape, thin em out a little

that's what we need. a real good war. any takers?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I have my students color many pictures over the course of the school year. The students really like the Cretaceous Ocean project that we work on. I provide several drawings of various ocean critters (Mosasaurs, Ichtyosaurs and the like). After our research, the students must color the various critters and produce a write-up where they explain why they colored them the way they did. The kids really get into it.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

genesplicer posted:

I have my students color many pictures over the course of the school year. The students really like the Cretaceous Ocean project that we work on. I provide several drawings of various ocean critters (Mosasaurs, Ichtyosaurs and the like). After our research, the students must color the various critters and produce a write-up where they explain why they colored them the way they did. The kids really get into it.

You're so old.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

genesplicer posted:

dang the extent of the artwork i did in my classes was drawing boners on the pictures of people in history books

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

genesplicer posted:

That sounds really fun.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Nooner posted:

dang the extent of the artwork i did in my classes was drawing boners on the pictures of people in history books

That still happens. We don't use the textbooks as often as we used to, because we now use something called the Internet a lot more often.

Fun fact: When we first use the textbooks, I tell my students a little known fact that our textbooks have 6 scratch-n-sniff pictures scattered throughout the text. I won't tell them which ones they are, but I do remind them of this "fact" every once in a while. Throughout the year I'll see kids surreptitiously scratch various pictures and sniff the book. Sometimes they discuss with their partners if a particular picture seems sniffy or not.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

genesplicer posted:

That still happens. We don't use the textbooks as often as we used to, because we now use something called the Internet a lot more often.

Fun fact: When we first use the textbooks, I tell my students a little known fact that our textbooks have 6 scratch-n-sniff pictures scattered throughout the text. I won't tell them which ones they are, but I do remind them of this "fact" every once in a while. Throughout the year I'll see kids surreptitiously scratch various pictures and sniff the book. Sometimes they discuss with their partners if a particular picture seems sniffy or not.

Well I'm glad that still even in this internet age some kids still stick to the classics.

Also props, that is a pretty solid teacher troll

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

Friginator posted:

It's cinnamon.

hth

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Smythe posted:

making noxious chemicals that get you stoned smell delicious and marketed to children is up there in the legendary bad idea pantheon with candy cigarettes and lawn darts

i remember these things and i also remember during arts and crafts time looking around and every kid in the class had a marker to their nose most of the time and several were swapping them back and forth. wasn't weird at the time but now that i look back holy poo poo what an apocalypse of marketing

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The scented markers were not noxious, and they were not toxic.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
I cant draw or learn a new skill so i fill in simple colors into other peoples drawing -adult coloring enthusiasts

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tigern posted:

I cant draw or learn a new skill so i fill in simple colors into other peoples drawing -adult coloring enthusiasts

Back in the old days they use to include numbers so you didn't even have to go the the effort of deciding what colours to use

Just look how fuckin' stoked that last woman is!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just look how fuckin' stoked that last woman is!

Lmao she looks right out of the thumbnail of some insufferable assholes YouTube clip.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
she should have painted some colors on herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Kids toys have been unbelievably pussified, they used to be BRUTAL back in the 60s
They have :confused:

• Locked thread