Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Coloring books are to canvas/drawing paper what "graphic novels" are to actual novels.

Hoplosternum posted:

They're meant to be all relaxing and poo poo. Lots of the books claim to offer "mindfulness".

If you want to be mindful just do what everyone else does: smoke weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

Being an adult sucks and our generation has unabashedly commercialized this to the highest degree yet.

The bad aspects of adulthood, adult responsibilities and loss of children's capacity to marvel at new experiences, is not something that can be fixed with a shiny new toy.

Theoretically, you can start living like a 5-year old, but the negative effects of a lifetime of experiences (unless you were raised as a feral child until adolescence), jadedness etc, are part of what defines an adult's psyche.

You won't enjoy the toy the same way you would have as a young child, because it doesn't challenge you or show you something you haven't seen before.

In that regard, nostalgia can only go so far.

What I'm saying is adults that enjoy these sort of things are developmentally challenged by definition.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Nathilus posted:

The only time I ever hear people talk smack about other people liking things "for children" is in gbs and when actual children are making fun of other actual children. Makes u think. One of the benefits of having kids I've heard over and over is that it helps you recapture some of that childlike magic for yourself. (Presumably you latch your mouth over your child's and suck out some of theirs).

Besides all adults like kid things. Who doesn't like ice cream? Is there anyone who hates summer vacation or playtime? What is wrong with enjoying things rather than stressing out and being miserable all the time (totally an adult thing), or refusing to enjoy things you could because you are a shallow jackass that doesnt want anyone thinking your 35 year old rear end is childlike in the least?

Remins me of this guy I chilled out with for a few minutes outside. He offered me a piece of pie and I offered him a smoke. When I noticed he was having issues getting his smoke lit cuz his hands were full, I offered to light it and he said, "uh haha no only GIRLS get their smokes lit." Said a lot more about him than anyone else imo.

Here's a quotation for your dumb rear end.

"How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Here's another one.

"You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders.
You've got garlic in your soul, Mr Grinch.
I wouldn't touch you with a
Thirty-nine and a half foot pooooole"

how many coloring books do you own?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

$30?? does it come with a complimentary bj?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Friginator posted:

I remember those scented markers. People used to argue what the brown ones smelled like. It was supposed to be chocolate, but everyone had their own theory. At one point the idea of the brown marker smelling like poo was brought up, and the teacher had to calm everyone down by assuring us that it was chocolate. I said that it smelled like poo from someone who ate a bunch of chocolate and was told to sit quietly while the other children colored.

It's cinnamon.

hth

• Locked thread