Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
jfc i just went on amazon and these things are blowing up

https://www.amazon.com/Adult-Coloring-Book-Relieving-Patterns/dp/1941325122

4.5 stars and 1700 reviews...this is the kind of scam business i need to get into. this computer poo poo is for the birds. it probably cost $3 dollars to make that book of random patterns and the margins must be phenomenal

maybe i can find another child market item to rebrand as "adult" so i can get maximum profit without having to actually do any work like adult big wheels or pogo sticks

maybe a lawn dart revival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
you know, instead of repurposing children's items for the adult market maybe there's a monster business opportunity in repurposing adult consumer goods for children like cigarettes, car insurance or sex toys, etc?

maybe like a sharper image but for babbys

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

PallasAthene posted:

My brother and I were killing time in Old Town in Albuquerque when we were like 17 or so, and there was a religious gift shop where we found had a CHILDREN'S coloring book about St. Maria Goretti. Any Catholics here will know why that's such a bad idea.

She was a 12-13 year old who was martyred by being stabbed to death while trying to avoid being raped by a farmhand.

hopefully they had some coloring books of Lot's daughters getting him drunk two nights in a row so he would impregnate them by date raping him in the cave they were hiding in after escaping sodom and gomorrah

double up on the flesh tone crayons

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
"i'm interested in your theories about kierkegaard" - sailor holding out warty dick to bored (prom queen??) woman on couch

this is some next level material right here

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Tom Gorman posted:

earlier this year my work made me go to a conference for web developers that made sure we had adult coloring books on the tables at all times. the CEO was a hipster guy who kept saying "please, feel free to color while we're giving our presentations. it's highly encouraged at our office, we have coloring time, tea time - or if you feel like leaving a presentation and heading to the game room to challenge one of our devs at Smash Bros. go right ahead."

the whole thing was loving embarassing and the company is out of business now

the clinkle stories keep giving like a horn of plenty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Smythe posted:

remember the markers that smelled rly good. not normal poison smell, but the scented ones? i remember.

making noxious chemicals that get you stoned smell delicious and marketed to children is up there in the legendary bad idea pantheon with candy cigarettes and lawn darts

i remember these things and i also remember during arts and crafts time looking around and every kid in the class had a marker to their nose most of the time and several were swapping them back and forth. wasn't weird at the time but now that i look back holy poo poo what an apocalypse of marketing

• Locked thread