Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Apparently adult colouring books are the only growth market in publishing and are responsible for keeping a whole bunch of book stores solvent. That's loving depressing.

But on the other hand it's not like the people doing all that colouring in would have been finding the cure for cancer or writing symphonies otherwise. They would have just been wasting their time on some other pointless endeavour so nothing of value has been lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The subject came up in the LootCrate thread and it turned out there's several adult colouring book subscription services. Because of course there is.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tigern posted:

how did it get to this?

I'm pretty sure the internet is mostly to blame but ebooks and audio books also helped kill off print. Why bother reading a book when you can watch Netflix or have Patrick Stewart read the book for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3v_ogRaTf4

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pannus posted:

If they had been "adult" in the same way as adult movies it would have been kinda cool, but afaik it's just pics of flowers and poo poo

Every colouring book can be an 'adult' colouring book with just a little imagination!

But colouring books with adult themes also exist:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ben Smash posted:

I did a page out of one once and I think it looked pretty cool

I did too, my mom put it up on the fridge

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Doctor J Off posted:

Well actually some sa users have leveraged their posting career into new opportunities in the web entertainment sphere, such as getting publicly owned by guy froero and sports mascots, and that msnbc guy

I wonder if any colouring book people have BIG DREAMS of becoming youtube colouring book viral stars and making megabucks

I had a look and all I could find was this company shilling coloring book "Master Class Webinars":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibdiylrVFwE

Edit: poo poo, they got a 1hr 40min coloring book "master class" video in the related videos

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Kids toys have been unbelievably pussified, they used to be BRUTAL back in the 60s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tigern posted:

I cant draw or learn a new skill so i fill in simple colors into other peoples drawing -adult coloring enthusiasts

Back in the old days they use to include numbers so you didn't even have to go the the effort of deciding what colours to use

Just look how fuckin' stoked that last woman is!

• Locked thread