Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

getting 4* elementals is a lot easier when you realize that buying random 3* castle rush elementals for 12 points is super efficient. then you get nothing but earth elementals and almost every tank in the game is garbage :smith:

i got super lucky though and had a 4* and 5* dark elemental the day i got my 7 knight, but i got somewhat unlucky in that it was Rachel.

the guide quest gives you a 6* +5 unit, but you probably want to see which 7 knight you get so you know who to pick from the guide quest. like if you get javes you don't need to pick velika, but otherwise its probably a good idea to pick her for farming. ruby farming is the first thing you wanna do because you want to unlock masteries asap, they're extremely powerful and start to get really expensive. the next one i need to unlock is 850 rubies but i like to waste them on 11 pack hero pulls. gotta gamble tho (do not actually do this, building your team through ranking up good 5* that you get and otherwise fuse units that arent super amazing)

edit: and if you're too lazy to check the spreadsheet i am rabidsquid in game too and also have a zillion free 5* to give out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you have to log in to see the patch notes and i can't log in from here, mind posting them?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i really have only done probably five or six 11 pulls but i have never gotten more than two 4* heroes in any 11 pull i've done, and never gotten a 5*. ever.

getting a bunch of 3* for fodder is sort of all right since i can be lazy, but the most ~efficient~ power ups are actually 2* on everything 4* and above. oh also rice bean cakes seem to greatly increase the odds of getting a double exp on power up, and power up crystals only work on the star level of the crystal, so you can only use a 4* to power up a 4*, but it always gives a full level. doing the power up crystal dungeon is actually pretty easy and you can start doing it at low level. technically you can do the rice cake dungeon at low level too, and if you get lucky with a piercing ability on one of your heroes you can even do the hard dungeon without a ton of trouble (the final rice cake only has 30 odd hps but only takes 1 damage per hit from non piercing attacks)

lastly, i don't know exactly what the common use of them is, but i always save my 6* rice cake bean duders to unlock slots on my 6* heroes.

oh also shane is ridiculous single target dps and super useful for raids. it seems like velika and shane are the two most useful early to get pve units. don't worry about pvp units because the meta changes very frequently, but also just do your arena fights for quests and the bronze prize.

there's a lot to this game and it's not new user friendly but once you get the hang of it, it all sorta flows together

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

LornMarkus posted:

Another useful one to note is the Celestial Tower: definitely do run it as far as you can because the rewards are good. Once you do hit a road block, use the Gold Chamber button above the panel for the room to run that for a gold reward in exchange for the Keys. In addition, every time you run that room (or fail the an attempt on the main room) you'll work your way toward debuffing the room itself. You can get up to 9 stacks on it after 90 "unsuccessful" runs at which point it's crazy more doable. Technically I dead-ended back around floor 80 but I've just been running the gold room for each floor until it hits 5 stacks and then clearing it and that's carried me all the way to 92 of 125 floors.

I am also on floor 92 and it seems like a HUGE road block. if you can't debuff that attack up poo poo goes sideways really fast. i can clear the first two rounds but can't out last the third.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

No. In fact, you get a guaranteed good unit on your 7th day. I got an actually useful 5* from someone but other than that all of my good units were made from random lucky fusions.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

she doesn't seem to be very highly rated and i am not entirely sure how good she is solo but my combo of lee jung + xiao is really good in any particularly difficult content since she has an aoe attack that adds 50 seconds to skill cooldowns and then a single target attack that does, and he lowers cds whenever he attacks/counters/speed attacks.

you don't have a farmer so Velika would be good for that purpose, but you already have an Espada and they have total overlap on raid A team (except Espada is better for it since she has single target nukes)

i would probably get Velika anyways because ruby farming seems to be the most important thing in the game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I lucked into an Alice when I fused a pair of bad 5*s and she has been awesome for debuff cleansing as well as the passive.

I hear that 6-9 (nice) has the biggest variety of fodder drops for grinding, but I am finding a lot of success in variety doing 1-1. Those new 7k outfits are pretty cool, I bought one for Rachel and have replaced her dumbass hat with literally not a dumbass hat + a cool sword, A+ would buy again. They're all on sale for now too! Actually it seems like the other 7k got better buffs but my Rachel hits really hard now, so score.

LornMarkus posted:

Personally I prefer to run Boss levels because it seems like they have a higher drop-rate on the random elementals (still really small, but I've gotten more than a few so far) and also because doing boss levels keeps you working toward the Ruby quest reward for defeating bosses.

I'll also vouch for Yu Shin being a decent choice for the end of your Tutorial quest, his only real downside is that he doesn't buff the party in any way with his passive which is eventually one of the primary things you're looking for in a good party.

i've noticed that elementals seem to be dropping from the random mimic enemies that sometimes spawn, and i haven't noticed they particularly spawn in boss fights more than regular fights. they also can drop 6* gear instead which i much prefer to a 1* earth elemental. i am not as sold on the long term viability of yu shin, he seems like just an arena unit to me and with the prevalence of all of these pierce units i notice mine can be fairly fragile. i actually have like three 5* yu shin thanks to rng.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 18, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think i accidentally became "best friends" with some dipshit pubbie (although if you are a goon speak up), can i just never send a 5* to someone else or does anyone even know how this works

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my current raid a team can dump out 200k+ damage on the mid teens raids. build a shane, y'all

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in my experience speed is the best weapon for so many units you're usually pretty safe picking it. also 7k items do mean something, i am like 80% certain anyone can equip a 7k item, whereas weapons are typically restricted between magic and physical.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i finally finished the ridiculously hard celestial tower level 92 and its just a lovely 4* selector reward :saddowns:

who you pick from 4* selector isnt a huge deal, as 4* are okay but a lot of characters arent really any good until 5* form. i think i picked shane for mine and that worked out okay, especially since shane is probably gonna be the first character i try to transcend to 40

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you really can't go wrong with shane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Velika is a good farming unit who is also good to +5 because her passive is integral to a raid team. Espada is technically better in a raid since she has large single target nukes, but you're building a Velika to farm anyway so a lot of people build her before Espada.

no other farming unit is as singularly useful elsewhere, and raid is the easiest place to get good equipment so its fairly important to build a raid team. basically its almost always better to build your pve team first, especially if you arent a whale

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i guess you could, but they massively boost the odds of getting a super power up and i wouldn't waste the 4/5* ones. 6* are definitely way better for unlocking equipment slots though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

They massively boost the odds of getting a super power up when you power up a unit :v:

the nice thing is that in this game when that happens if you would have gone over +5 it doesn't use up the last however many units after you hit +5.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its a random 4* 7k, its not a selector.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i also made the exact same jewel mistake but didn't think to mention it since thats basically the two jewels i have ever gotten, heh.

i broke 1300 arena last week too. i've never gotten past 1368 or so, my team is sorta lucky as far as 6*s but only my shane and ruri are 32, and i dont use shane in arena at all. right now my team is ruri/xiao/guan yu/rachel/bi dam. i am close to getting shane to 34 and about to 6* my lina i think. its either lina or karon, like i prefer sieg for raid because he's beefier and his abilities are more useful, but he's dark elements and while i don't have anyone to use them on at the moment i am hesitant, since i think all of the 7k use it? but it will be a little over a month before i for sure get one of those.

i think that sieg + lina is better than just ranking up karon to 6*, but my dark elementals :ohdear:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, you aren't even guaranteed the same modifier. also for the person who asked earlier speed is almost always the best modifier on weapons for everyone, although there are some exceptions. i am doing speed/lethal on Shane for raid purposes, Velika has crit because it helps her farming. as far as armor goes almost every unit is good with +hp, and a few units are good with counter rate but they tend to make themselves obvious (Shane, Lee Jung, Aragon) i've seen it suggested that a mix of block and hps are best on some tankier units but i usually use my high rarity block armor to level up my actually good stuff.

you run into mimics sometimes while farming and they drop 6* gear or 1 or 2* elementals, but otherwise your gear is largely gonna come from the raid. which is why i always harp on building up a raid team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

as i understand it the 500 cost stuff doesnt give you five times the chance of pulling top tier 6* stuff so you just craft the 100 cost items.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

best use of honor points is to buy keys, do not spend a 5* element on anyone who isn't a good unit, ever. the best way to get elements is to buy the random eleements for 12 cp in the castle rush shop. you can also get elements as rare drops from mimics but they're like, rare drops on a rare mob. i managed to get a pair of 2* water elements randomly from that but i've had a few 1* elements sitting around for well over a week without any friends showing up to rank them up.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

every 7k except for Rudy and Dellonse are dark elementals. well actually i have no idea what the new 7k is, but for the most part you just gotta horde them dark elementals. fire is probably second as there are a lot of good attack units, all of mine are going towards getting Shane to 40 right now, but i've only got one left and she's only 34 so that's going to be a minute (oh also because that will take fuckin infinity fire elementals)

for the most part defense/earth elementals are the ones you need the least, as there aren't very many good defense units. there are a SHITLOAD of magic/water, and still a pretty good amount of support/light, but those units typically aren't as integral. i feel like i need infinite magic units to rank up since i have to rank up my Velika and sort of want to see how good Ariel is, and Yu Shin would be better at 6* for my arena team than Xiao, but other than Velika/Espada for raid i actually don't reaaaally see a lot of magic units i need to upgrade.

fire and dark though, those are the ones you will really need and to be careful about deciding to use.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

victrix posted:

Sitting on the fire materials to raise a 5* unit, but I don't like the options I have available.

Decide to burn materials to fuse two 4*... get Giparang :haw: That'll do. Hello new A Team member for PvP and Adventure.

I have the fire materials to raise my Jupy's but I sort of want to save them for Shanes. I have another Shane I am working on now to raise mine to 36, but I still need two more and presumably I am more likely to get a 4* than I am a 5 or 6.

I have four Mays as well, but again, I think she needs to wait. Although all of the 4* I am hoarding to raise sort of make my units a tight squeeze when I have a bad distribution of fodder. I have nothing but 3* fodder when I need to work on some 3* elementals, then when I need the 3* fodder to rank up a 5* or 6* its nothing but 1* fodder :I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You get two units of the same rarity to level 30 and rank them up to +5, then you can fuse them together to get a random unit of the next higher rank. so two 3*s make a 4*, 4 to 5, 5 to 6.

i do it basically all the time. you never want to fuse 2* units, 1/2* are fodder. Some people endlessly fuse 3* units trying at a shot at the rare 4 lords or 7 knights units, since they all start at base 4*. i primarily use my 3* as fodder for 5/6* units, trying to fuse more 6* or rank my useful 6* up to +5. it costs more gold to fuse up a 6* from a 3*, it costs more elementals to fuse up good 4*s and then rank them up to 6*

edit: if you just need more 5 and 6* units its probably a better use of resources to just fuse them up and hope you get good ones, but if you're looking for specific units its probably better to make a bunch of 4*s and rank up from there.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i wouldn't bother with any good items but eventually you'll be rolling in 3* poo poo so it's also not a huge loss to toss some low level gear on if you really need it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know arena doesn't matter but i swear i can't tell you how many times i've watched a fight come down to a 2v2 on both sides and my remaining two units have three possible good skills to use out of four and 100% of the time the AI picks the one bad skill, busting a single target nuke on the zombie unit instead of the aoe debuff or the aoe that reduces buff duration that will both win the fight.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mosch posted:

I got my first random 7 Knight and it's Rachel :dance: I ranked her up to 5 stars and I have the material to get her to 6, but I still need more heroes to power her up.
I also fused two 5* for the first time and got Alice. She's... OK, I guess? Probably won't keep her around.

Alice is super loving good. Her passive is really useful in all pve stuff, her heal clears debuffs, and her resurrection is okay, altho the revived unit can't have debuffs cleared and no longer have your passive buffs applied to them.

edit: As far as arena, I actually hit 1400 today. My second to most recent 6* fusion was Yu Shin, so I am rocking a team of Ruri/Rachel/Lee Jung/Guan Yu/Yu Shin. It's a mostly defensive team that depending on the order of skill usage just totally shuts down the other team. Every now and then they open with the Yu Shin aoe skill cd increase followed up with the full team damage immunity and Lee Jung gets some counter attacks in. When things go badly they decide to use all of their aoes to kill everyone but Wukong, while also never using any buff removal spells. I just fused a 6* Da Qiao today and was thinking of replacing Lee Jung or Guan Yu with her since she has that passive that's pretty good against Ace or Lu Bu but she seems extremely bad against Wukong in general.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 28, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Seems like Fina doesn't work on 7k, she certainly wasn't available for my Rachel either.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I do have to say I don't understand how roughly 50-75% of the people i see in silver in the arena have Wukong, Ace and Lu Bu. Lu Bu isn't even really a problem, but loving Wukong ughhhhh.

I would like to get an Ace because he's an adorable babby swordsman.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shane is as far as I am aware the by far best single target dps unit in the game. Jupy is supposed to be good as the secondary/second raid team dps, but with raid changing I don't know if thats still a thing you will need. Bi Dam seems more like a pvp unit to me, although piercing and silence can both be useful in pve/tower.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah, until we have probably 5+ goons who can carry guild rush I don't think a goon guild would be very useful to anyone. I can crush CR easy but sometimes struggle to hit 160k on CR normal, and I think the entire guild needs to be able to hit 160k on CR normal in order to get the S tier chest every day. i do fine most of the time because of Rachel but have no way to stop the death debuff, for instance.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you will end up with a 4* dark elemental in two weeks worst case scenario by ranking up the 3* one from the daily dungeon.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

delfin posted:

* The 10+1 summon shop rate for anything decent completely blows.
* Rubies are for masteries. Honor is for keys. Gold is for fusion and ranking. Costumes are for whales. Topazes will be for transcend units, eventually.

the summon shop is so loving terrible compared to fusion, but i toss rubies at it during rate up sometimes in hopes of getting lucky but also for trying to build up points to get an A rank or S rank chest. is that a complete waste? also its important to get a costume for your barbies that's not just for whales buddy :colbert:

also i am constantly running out of gold from fusing and powering up poo poo and trying to get my defensive formation to 40, other than farming during hot time is there actually a decent way to get gold

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am really put off by the fact that my next mastery costs i think 1k rubies and mildly increases my units lethal damage or block rate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never see it mentioned but Rachel is absolutely critical for me in a lot of CT floors, her debuff is loving brutal and she's really surprisingly tanky, plus has that full health revive passive that allows her to die a few times over the course of a CT level.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

LornMarkus posted:

Yup, while she doesn't get Immortality like Kris or Giaparang, she is actually alive again and it resets on each phase of the battle you pass. So she can die in each individual phase once and still keep fighting which is crazy useful. Also, again, that attack debuff is crucial to surviving the insane amounts of damage high level CT enemies dump on you.

Yeah, and her +50% counter part of her passive is really good with my CT emergency team of Lee Jung/Xiao. It's actually a really efficient combo since Lee Jung has a debuff duration removal/stun (although really high up everything is CC immune) which almost guarantees he gets countered and gets into a little counter war to help Xiao try to skill lock everyone.

a lot of really hard floors are a lot easier when the enemy team is literally skill locked and attack/defense debuffed by a large amount. You can even try and time Rachels skill usage with her passive to get four activations in a row sometimes, and of course the two different modes completely reset the others CDs, which is great.

edit: honestly both attacks are pretty big nukes when she's in Phoenix form, too, and the debuffs duration is longer than the skill cooldown

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Getting a 4* is a pain because of dickhead Wukong you have to kill for it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

some googling makes me think you mean the lady with the tall hat? if so that's Rachel, one of the 7k. you might randomly get her on day 7, but otherwise quite difficult. but also she's my friend unit, so at least once a day! however mine is also dressed up as a samurai. she's actually a very good unit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

May has a very good passive for a lot of PVE content and she also has an attack/defense debuff on one of her skills, although that can be done better by other units. Of course no one else combines the two.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

basically every single monster is fair game to fuse. i think leo and i think maybe one other monster have niche uses but you more or less are totally fine to fuse any monster away.

edit: literally any unit that does not have a 5* or 6* form is safe to use as fodder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

victrix posted:

New Rudy owns though, and being able to level break your 7k right away is rad?

I got Eileen, and I have enough dark elements to 6* her right away :neckbeard:

Not sure who to pick for the chessboard this month though, since the event rewards Ace... but I don't know how annoying the event will be to complete.

Thinking of setting it to Sun Wukong, just based on how much wild bullshit he is in arena.

i sort of get the impression that this event is going to be super hard. the units it wants from the 8th map have some base 4* drops i think?

i got a jave and got him to 6* immediately, glad i never bothered to unlock or rank up my velika.

• Locked thread