Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Who What Now posted:

That's not a conclusion I'm jumping to, that's what you explicitly said.

It is a conclusion you're jumping to, because I in fact didn't say it. Scroll back to my post and read it when your heart rate has normalised after this fit of righteous indignation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

blowfish posted:

It is a real problem that needs to be solved. The solution isn't "jail all swarthy immigrants", a conclusion to which you tellingly jump immediately. Like, if someone observes that blacks commit the majority of crimes in a city and proposes a solution that involves increased investment in community building programmes or infrastructure or whatever in high crime areas then is that still a racism :wtc:

except that never loving happens and we do throw them all in jail, even if they don't actually commit more crime.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

blowfish posted:

It is a conclusion you're jumping to, because I in fact didn't say it. Scroll back to my post and read it when your heart rate has normalised after this fit of righteous indignation.

I believe you did.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

snyprmag posted:

except that never loving happens and we do throw them all in jail, even if they don't actually commit more crime.

Yes but that's because Americans aren't sufficiently historically literate (or because America has too many assholes) to effectively implement policy to help disadvantaged groups such as many black people, not because the label of "reparations" wasn't slapped onto enough potentially functional policies or because the label of "reparations" wasn't slapped onto enough newly created do-nothing feelgood policies.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blowfish posted:

Ok, done.

Nope, that's what you said, sorry, you're too cowardly to see it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Blowfish it's OK, you don't have to hide who you are. Your racist and a little bit stupid sure, but that doesn't mean you have to be scared of being yourself.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

I believe you did.
I believe the exact quote is

blowfish posted:

It is a real problem that needs to be solved.
in response to

Who What Now posted:

if blacks commit the majority of the crimes maybe all blacks should be jailed
in which no reasonable person would take "it" to refer to black people, but you aren't a reasonable person and immediately assume the most racist interpretation is the correct one, reality be damned.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

When an electorate that's incapable of even acknowledging historical crimes against a group passes social programs, those social programs tend to be utterly ineffective at helping those groups. For example, history shows that race-blind social programs are a poor substitute for affirmative action and reparations - either the same biases that caused the inequities in the first place creep into the program intended to fix them and result in unofficial discrimination against that group, or people notice that the program is disproportionately benefiting that group and therefore gut the program either out of bias or out of resistance to anything reparations-like.

I agree with you about this, but even in the face of such systemic problems, I think that it would be difficult to argue that in the long run, the lives of any underclass group in America haven't improved, in some cases enormously.
Therefore, wouldn't our best course of action be to continue to attempt to pursue policies that incrementally improve lives, even if the prejudices of the majority leak into them?

Your average voter doesn't have to admit to any unpleasant historical legacies for incremental improvement to happen and, as morally upsetting as that can feel, I think that from a practical perspective progressives would be much better off attempting to correct issues with current social programs and slowly introducing new ones, all while continuing the process of societal education that has moved the US from a slaveholder nation to the admittedly imperfect but unarguably improved state that we have today.

Edit: Clarity.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

blowfish posted:

I believe the exact quote is

in response to

in which no reasonable person would take "it" to refer to black people, but you aren't a reasonable person and immediately assume the most racist interpretation is the correct one, reality be damned.

You said it dude, don't lie.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

You said it dude, don't lie.

ok quote it at me

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Can you imagine what it must be like to carry around the amount of rage and insecurity blowfish has and not be able to say it because then people would know your a bad person? No wonder racists are hosed in the head.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

blowfish posted:

ok quote it at me

We've been over this blowfish.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blowfish posted:

ok quote it at me

blowfish posted:

[Blacks are] a real problem that needs to be solved.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

We've been over this blowfish.

No seriously, quote where I said black people are a problem, so everyone can see how bad you are at correctly understanding words my racism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blowfish posted:

No seriously, quote where I said black people are a problem, so everyone can see how bad you are at correctly understanding words my racism.

I did. Do you not understand that your posts continue to exist after you post them?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

See, you actively had to edit it into a quote, because it isn't what I said. Therefore, my point still stands.

blowfish posted:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

blowfish posted:

I don't see why I should I mean people can just click that little question mark below your av.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blowfish posted:

See, you actively had to edit it into a quote, because it isn't what I said. Therefore, my point still stands.

I edited it in to indicate what you actually meant in context. This is a common practice that you are only now taking an issue to. Golly I wonder why...

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Who What Now posted:

I did. Do you not understand that your posts continue to exist after you post them?

It's like you can't resist getting him to admit something even though you know he isn't going to do it.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
You guys are going to get this thread closed with this narcissistic exchange. I for one am enjoying the substantive conversation that a few of us are having. Please, PMs exist for a reason.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I edited it in to indicate what you actually meant in context. This is a common practice that you are only now taking an issue to. Golly I wonder why...

I like it when you use circular logic, e.g. everyone who disagrees with me is a racist, and everything they say is therefore racism, which makes them racist.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

blowfish posted:

I like it when you use circular logic, e.g. everyone who disagrees with me is a racist, and everything they say is therefore racism, which makes them racist.

He's calling you specifically racist because you say racist things.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
^^^^^
He gets it!

blowfish posted:

Not everyone, just you specifically.

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

blowfish posted:

Yes but that's because Americans aren't sufficiently historically literate (or because America has too many assholes) to effectively implement policy to help disadvantaged groups such as many black people, not because the label of "reparations" wasn't slapped onto enough potentially functional policies or because the label of "reparations" wasn't slapped onto enough newly created do-nothing feelgood policies.

I agree we're all historically illiterate assholes (Europe too though) and we haven't tried to pay back any of wealth gained from our racist past, let alone try and sneak it through by not calling it reparations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Giggle Goose posted:

I agree with you about this, but even in the face of such systemic problems, I think that it would be difficult to argue that in the long run, the lives of any underclass group in America haven't improved, in some cases enormously.
Therefore, wouldn't our best course of action be to continue to attempt to pursue policies that incrementally improve lives, even if the prejudices of the majority leak into them?

Your average voter doesn't have to admit to any unpleasant historical legacies for incremental improvement to happen and, as morally upsetting as that can feel, I think that from a practical perspective progressives would be much better off attempting to correct issues with current social programs and slowly introducing new ones, all while continuing the process of societal education that has moved the US from a slaveholder nation to the admittedly imperfect but unarguably improved state that we have today.

Edit: Clarity.

Yes, this is quite reasonable. In fact,

Giggle Goose posted:

You guys are going to get this thread closed with this narcissistic exchange. I for one am enjoying the substantive conversation that a few of us are having. Please, PMs exist for a reason.
I'd argue this tendency to needlessly moralise rather than argue about substantial things that can be done is on display over the last page or so.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

blowfish posted:

I'd argue this tendency to needlessly moralise rather than argue about substantial things that can be done is on display over the last page or so.

Nothing you say is substantial though. It's just poorly hid racism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blowfish posted:

You said integration was empirically proven to be linked to societal wellness, and then your only link was a tabloid. But please, tell us more about talking about things that are substantial.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

You said integration was empirically proven to be linked to societal wellness, and then your only link was a tabloid. But please, tell us more about talking about things that are substantial.

I specifically asked you whether you would read a study in German, which is substantial, and says in great detail that a lack of integration is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
This is really bad.

• Locked thread