Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ariong posted:

They do look identical, but on the other hand so do all anime characters so it seems odd to single out this one in particular.

It's someone's waifu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

This looks like too much of a coincidence?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Super No Vacancy posted:

i have decided my unreasonable expectation for the game is that to match the standard set by gold/silver, the postgame will be the entire kalos region. do not disappoint me nintendo!!!!!

The postgame area will be Gibraltar

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
It's disappointing how each of the starters has the same head shape and body shape. Litten, Rowlet, and Popplio were a much stronger showing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The postgame is Ireland and the moment you arrive someone stops and asks if your Protestant or Catholic.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Crosspeice posted:

I said Grass before and I'm sticking to it, monkey all the way baby!

We've totally got enough info for a new thread, so I'll get to making the OP. Feel free to suggest thread titles, but since I'm a bleedin limey guv, I'll expect everyone to take the absolute piss out of these dead gay paedophisles.

God Save the Nidoqueen
Taurosbif
Dieu et mon Dragonite/Drowzee
Lombrexit (don't use this one)
Rooty tooty point and Hoothooty
Cor Blissey, guvna
Qwilfish and chips

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The starters seemed odd on the first impression, but seeing them in action, I like them. Shocked I will probably use the Fire one first, this never happens. I am afraid it will turn out Fire/Fighting, but maybe they surprise us. Fire/Ground? God, Fire/Steel would rule. Or Fire/Fairy.

Basing the region off England seems like a good call, and it's cool that it seems like both box legendaries might be wolves.

Given the number of British myths involving Fae folk I will be disappointed if there's not a bunch of new Fairy types. Still holding out for Fairy/Fire, Fairy/Dark (evil elves?), Fairy/Poison, and a proper Fairy/Dragon line.

The city on the top of the map is London, you can see the big ferris wheel. Also there's a forest to the left of the starting area, you can see a road leading there.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This might be the first time I go for a grass starter. Avocado Monkey just won my heart

hoping for some toast based evolutions, fire/grass

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It's about time we get a fire/steel pokemon that isn't legendary. It seems like such a natural pairing, I can hardly believe we haven't seen more of it. I don't think it's an overpower type combo. Sure it only has 3 weaknesses, but Ground, Fighting, and Water are pretty common types and the Ground weakness is 4x.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
None of the starters grabbed me, but it sure does look like the next pokemon game I'll get

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Crosspeice posted:

We've totally got enough info for a new thread, so I'll get to making the OP. Feel free to suggest thread titles, but since I'm a bleedin limey guv, I'll expect everyone to take the absolute piss out of these dead gay paedophisles.

The sun never sets on the Pokemon franchise

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anyone else see what appeared to be a pikachu in the trailer? Can we confirm that it will be in this game?!?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Crosspeice posted:

Anorith in the UK

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the foul monkey is a disgrace

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Anyone else 'member when pokemon were drip fed to us through Corocoro scans and we wouldnt get English names until months later?

Just a thought I had while thinking about the direct

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

everybody said that Scorbunny had a bandaid on his nose, but he has the same thing on his feet

I think those aren't bandaids, they're those pads you put on your feet to drain toxins. Scorbunny is doing a cleanse

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crosspeice posted:

Selling England By The Politoed

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

hopeandjoy posted:

The sun never sets on the Pokemon franchise

I wonder how many new types they'll have added by the year 3,000 AD

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yes? It's a mainline pokemon game. Two gens ago this poo poo was 2d.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the Team Rocket variant of this region will be based on the IRA.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gripweed posted:

everybody said that Scorbunny had a bandaid on his nose, but he has the same thing on his feet

I think those aren't bandaids, they're those pads you put on your feet to drain toxins. Scorbunny is doing a cleanse

they’re nicotine patches

e: or they’re those immunotherapy patches you sometimes get after chemo

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Hustlin Floh posted:

Did anyone else see what appeared to be a pikachu in the trailer? Can we confirm that it will be in this game?!?

Game Freak is a pretty small company, I doubt they can afford the license to use pikachu's image in this game

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

MikeJF posted:

They're first of three forms, it makes sense they'll have a baby aesthetic. They'll almost certainly be much more distinct in evolution.

I mean, obviously, but it's still more pronounced than usual for this series. Like, look at litten from last gen. It's still a baby, but it's also much more distinctively a cat at the same time. A kitten, if you will. The new ones downplay their animalistic characteristics in favor of looking more baby-ish.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part of me wonders if this is the gen when they might do like branching evolutions for starters or some poo poo

like i'm not saying i think it'll happen but at some point you think they'd maybe try it

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Iron Nidoqueen for gen 8 thread title

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I kip, UKIP, Mudkip

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Shortest Path posted:

Yes? It's a mainline pokemon game. Two gens ago this poo poo was 2d.

sis this is the biggest media franchise in the world, it makes untold billions

they can afford do do much better

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Slaking's speech

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
MORE BUNNY POKEMON. I NEED THAT FIRE STARTER IN MY LIFE

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

less laughter posted:

It costs a lot to hire Ryan Reynolds AND a guy who can draw monkeys and rabbits. Check your math again, Slick.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Finally realized why something about Scorbunny seemed so...familiar.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The Slaking's speech

Elizabeth: The Goldeen Age

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

part of me wonders if this is the gen when they might do like branching evolutions for starters or some poo poo

like i'm not saying i think it'll happen but at some point you think they'd maybe try it

it’s a good idea, but I think personally I’d get annoyed that I was limited to one of six (or twelve) and would have to play through a bunch of times to play them all. it works with Eevee cause you can get all or most of them at some point in the game or postgame.

other people who aren’t as nuts as me would probably enjoy it though

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We Shall Battle Them On the Beaches

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

less laughter posted:

It looks good, OP

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

less laughter posted:

Elizabeth: The Goldeen Age

Luvdisc Actually

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
If this region is basically upside down Britain then we're clearly PokéScots.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Haifisch posted:

Finally realized why something about Scorbunny seemed so...familiar.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

indigi posted:

it’s a good idea, but I think personally I’d get annoyed that I was limited to one of six (or twelve) and would have to play through a bunch of times to play them all. it works with Eevee cause you can get all or most of them at some point in the game or postgame.

other people who aren’t as nuts as me would probably enjoy it though

i think if they do something like that they might offer ways to get the other branches in postgame or something, is what i'm thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

For Kingdra and Country