Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Lucario and Zorark are both trash pokemon that look like Deviantart OCs.

turn on your monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Elfgames posted:

except gen 1 had a poo poo ton of pokemon that were pretty much ball pokemon.

Klefki is a trickster spirit that steals keys which is the exact thing that would have been blamed on a fairy in olden days and it's adorable.

looking forward to the sock fairy pokemon that steals socks from dryers.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

qnqnx posted:

Doubles is a stupid gimmick and your opinions have been consistently poo poo.

turn on your monitor

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i have a personal rule for nickname pages in the pokemon megathreads: they suck.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

rockinricky posted:

November 18th can't get here soon enough.

It will be awesome because I will be playing one of these

While listening to this

congrats and also condolences

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

PSWII60 posted:

Death Magnetic wasn't that bad right? Or St. Anger?

:yikes:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i honestly never noticed he had 3 legs instead of 4.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
how many things must i catch to max rewards from the catching game? or does it just keep barfing out things as long as i keep doing it?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i'll give you stantler, tympole, and aromatisse, the rest though

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Kerrrrrrr posted:

today my mom and i discussed the differences between magikarp and goldeen (she played pokemon go for a while) (she gets them mixed up) (she likes goldeen cause it's pretty)

also, these are the worsts

i don't even know the names of half of them

wow this is more wrongness than i could imagine being in one post

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I made the right choice

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

PSWII60 posted:

I don't think I've ever used the back pockets on my pants. It's just really uncomfortable to sit.

the trick is, you take the thing out of them prior to sitting. weird i know

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
people surprised at a grass starter turning out to be bad

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

cheetah7071 posted:

Apparently you lose your avatar if you get banned so I need a cool new avatar of something from the Popplio line, tia

allow me to post every good picture of popplio there is:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
hmm amazon just emailed me to say my next day delivery preorder will get to me on the 21st...

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
its not as if you have access to some sort of message board full of more or less trustworthy people to help you do trade evos.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
get this: pooplio

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
mine said it wouldn't get to me until next monday despite paying extra for the fastest shipping option so i just cancelled it and bought it digitally.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Fun Times! posted:

Is the 3D bad?

no one has left the 3d toggle on for more than 15 minutes at a time in all of the 3ds's history

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
why does ash have a moustache

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Blaziken386 posted:

A better female hair reference than the one posted a couple pages back.

aaaahh the fashion is so cute in this game I can't

e: fixed the link so it's larger

i know i've seen girls in my festival square with twintails, wonder where those come from.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

kojei posted:

This is correct. They're big poofy side twintails that flop around a bit while moving. Also two new hair and eye colors as well. Wine Red and White for hair color, Violet and Burgundy for eye colors. Wine Red is kinda a pink/purple, White is Anime White. Violet is Holy poo poo Purple, Burgundy is about the same shade but several tones darker.

that answers my other question, since i also noticed someone else with hair lighter colored than my current platinum blonde

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Is it possible to get anything interesting from Wonder Trade? Experts say no.

probably not gonna be much but early route garbage until there's a decent playerbase that's finished the story and started breeding projects

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

DACK FAYDEN posted:

All right, first batch of Calm Regenerator Haze Beast Ball Mareanies is done! They all have 31 IV in Defense and Special Defense, some have some atk and/or spatk 31s, some have ~27-30 HP and/or speed. I figured two perfects and the right ball and egg move and nature and Hidden Ability was sufficient. (Plus I kept the two best ones for future parents.)

I already friended these people:

And I can friend YOU TOO if you want one! Yes, you! :justpost: and I'll breed more. FC is 4897-7314-5821 and IGN is Jesus.

If you want a female one, specifically say so, otherwise you're getting a male and you can Ditto it to get a lady parent to inbreed relentlessly. I don't want anything in return, but if you have a HA Sandshrew I'd love it. Or apparently a Castform since it's trade gold.

P.S. unrelated: if you've beaten the game the Porygon is literally a giveaway from the Aether Foundation employee in the right bedroom in Aether House on Route 15 so don't be the guy who trades something good for it

i'm enjoying my non-ha mareanie, so trying out a regenerator would be nice. 4768-7629-8819

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Appreciated, Kojei

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'd say this one is more like four steps forward, since it really is a vast improvement in a lot of ways... but if the ORAS team was involved in it they sure as hell didn't push hard enough to make it show.

e: going online now to trade out more Mareanies! My current list:

im the don't know name one on there and its just the same as my SA username

Edit: Much obliged

Blhue fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 28, 2016

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shneak posted:

I've been searching for a Komala on Route 11 for over an hour. Is this drat thing also an SOS exclusive?

nah, i caught one there normally. apparently they're a 10% spawn

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Supremezero posted:

*Me trying to trade a boldore for a boldore on the GTS to fill the dex*

This pokemon has already been traded!

For fucks sake. It took 6 drat tries.

uh, did you consider putting your own boldore up instead?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Brother Entropy posted:

more like a 'never fun' rule

ah the nuzlocke meme

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Happiness posted:

I have snow dogs for anyone who wants them

4484-8641-1177

I'd appreciate one, 4768-7629-8819, ingame Blhue

edit: Great, thanks.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 2, 2016

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
So how do you access the IV check thing in this game, postgame?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

notoriousman posted:

Once you reach the battle tree at the end of the Poni Gauntlet there's an ace trainer by the PC that unlocks the feature in your own PC so long as you've hatched 20 eggs.

Great, thanks

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
in regards to chaining, does the chain reset if you knock out the original encountered pokemon, or does it not matter as long as the other pokemon in the field is still one that can call for help?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

mandatory lesbian posted:

yes, and chinchou won't appear to save my life

and i need to do this for finneon, alomomola, bruxish, and goddamn this will take forever how do people have the patience to complete pokedexes, i thought leveling up the little mons was bad enough

i fished for most of those on gts. i actually caught a bruxish from the first ripple spot i tried on route 14 though

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You're not even feeding them, you monster.

(Are they still flowing in for Castforms? I traded my 10% away but I do want a living dex.)

I haven't been asking for legendaries, but basically every time i check my GTSed castforms they've already been traded no matter how quickly i check back. asking for 91+ dittos was the only thing that seemed to take any appreciable time

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
My hot Lillie take: i like her new hair, the old outfit was better though

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Decus posted:

Weirder to me is that pre-release they were acting like there would be a lot of day/night exclusive pokemon and even that feels fairly limited. Some routes don't even have day/night differences and on others it's maybe 1 pokemon that changes.

im glad of it because that poo poo is the worst

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

McDragon posted:

Aww, I got a Solgaleo off GTS yesterday and a Lunala today. Both nicknamed Nebby. :3: I'm glad that's so widespread

hosed up that people are trading their nebbys away

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Prop Wash posted:

I just traded for a dratini named Mickie James. It gave all my Pokemen the Pokerus. Which of you was it.

Having pretty good times filling out my Pokedex, I got a Horsea early on and I've been pumping out Horsea eggs to trade for basically anything I don't have. Earlier I got a Magmortar for a Horsea :coal:

Oh no :( I nearly gave away my Everstone earlier with a WT, I saw EVERSTONE down at the bottom of the screen and turned off wifi immediately. Crashed my game, but it was worth it!

you get a million everstones out of the pelago and some wild rock types carry them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Failboattootoot posted:

Help I caught a metapod that was red and a star shot out of it during the intro, what is the deal with this metapod?

its got the 'pod blight