Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

From the dead thread, RIP

Kurtofan posted:

quote:

Crabrawler has a personality that really hates to lose, and it’s driven not only to aim for a higher position than its fellows in terms of social standing, but literally to aim for a higher position in the landscape. Perhaps as a result, it’s sometimes found clinging to tall people or to the walls of buildings! If you try to remove one against its will, you’ll be met with a sound punch.

Crabrawler’s favorite food is Berries. It punches the trunks of trees to give the branches a good shake and knock any ripe Berries to the ground so it can feast! Many Crabrawler may gather around a tree, but only the one that emerges victorious in battle against all the others receives the privilege of eating the ripe Berries.

Crabrawler uses its claws to protect its face and belly while getting in close to an opponent to throw punches. Its punches are powerful enough to split tree trunks! Crabrawler’s pincers are sometimes torn off during its bouts—and they are said to be delicious.

Did they just throw Crab Mentality into a flavor text?

Zore posted:

Also, I am glad we are back to having good Route 1 normal rodents after the horrible three streak of Bibarel, Watchog and Diggersby.

Gumshoos is definitely up there with Raticate, Furret and Linoone as a GoodTM design.

Dude, Watchog is great as a poor man's Technician Breloom. It has hypnosis and super fang, which is awesome for taking down high HP monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

cheetah7071 posted:

Now that I'm using it, I have to bump Farfetch'd out of my top six favorites. I'm not sure what replaces it but nothing this weak can have such a central place in my heart

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.

cheetah7071 posted:

When I have children I will present them with a garchomp toy and a pikachu toy. Those that make the wrong choice will be dead to me

You joke, but it's a pretty cool day when your kid comes home from preschool talking about Pokemon.
And about how one of their classmates has one at home, but isn't allowed to bring it to school. :laugh:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

greatn posted:

My three year old invented his own, Clancham(an alternate evolution of Pancham) and Tigreen. And when he watches the show and they get into battles he pretends he's Abra and helps out. He likes to tell me "I have 10 new Pokemon you don't have yet".

No matter how many times I tell him though, he believes Mew evolves into MewTwo. Just, no. No son.

Time to tell your kiddo about the Delibirds and the Combees.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Every Gen 5 retread of a Gen 1 design idea is easily 100% better. Gigalith and Swoobat are miles ahead of Golem and Golbat.

This here is a PhD thesis in good opinions. The Zubat line is loving annoying and I wouldn't shed a single tear if those supersonic using vampires disappeared from this earth forever. Golem is a loving terrible design that doesn't fit the rest of the evolution line at all. Thank Arceus it's a trade evo so I didn't have to mash B whenever my Graveler evolved.

Also: Watchog is awesome and a good dog for learning both super fang and hypnosis. It's great for a poor man's Breloom as I said several times in the last thread.

But Golem is awful and deserves to be tossed in to a trubbish can.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The Gen 5-7 rodents have been painting a rich narrative

Patrat and Watchog are the police
Diggersby are the underground big pimps
Gumshoos are the detectives bringing them to justice
Alolan Rattata and Raticate are the underground underlings and divisionary bosses respectively
Bunnelby and Yungoos are too pure and have yet to be tainted by the vermin crime wars

I like this, but can't square Gumshoos' role with the fact that Yungoos is obviously a villainous businessman from the 80's.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Manatee Cannon posted:

you mean volcarona, volcanion is a gen 6 event legendary

Speaking of Steampunkmon, has Game Freak given out any more information about next month's Volcanion giveaway?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Zore posted:

You go to a pokemon center and get handed one with no fanfare.

The way they've handled event mon distribution is probably the worst most :effort: thing about pokemon currently. Why bother having Legendaries like Volcanion, Hoopa, Diancie if their only role is to be handed to you through various low fanfare online distribution?

:psyduck:

I get that there's no fanfare. I was just wondering if dates were firmed up to anything aside from just "October".

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Sockser posted:

Hey I'm a big dummy and didn't realize that Victini only ran until the 24th. Can anyone hook me up? I also still need a Celebi but I imagine that's going to be harder to swing.

Don't forget that it's October now, and Keldeo is in the Nintendo Network

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html#oct

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Zoo06 posted:

That 2016HOOPA code still works even if you got the McDonald's one too. Double the Hoopa, double the fun.

That starts Oct. 10 for the US, anyway.

What's weird is it worked for my copies of AS and Y, but my copy of X said I couldn't get it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

What's weird is it worked for my copies of AS and Y, but my copy of X said I couldn't get it.

Figured it out. I kept entering HOOPA2016 when the code is 2016HOOPA. :doh:

Also, GameFreak/MBD: DexNav when?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I'm digging Muk's new look :catdrugs:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I've got two Volcanion codes, for the first two people to make the case in at least two sentences that Gengar is the coolest OR Golem is the worst.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

PSWII60 posted:

Gengar has the most dazzling smile, It must make all the girls swoon. Gengar takes care of his teeth better than any other Pokemon, and that's why it likes to show them off to everyone.

Check your PMs.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

RC Cola posted:

Golem lost its extra arms when it evolved. How do you mess up what Machamp did so well. Golem is the worst. Also why is it ground type? Just rock would have made it such a better pokemon.

Perfect. Check your PMs.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

NewFatMike posted:

I thought it was finally my chance, but I didn't bring ORAS on my trip, just Y.

The code works for all four current gen games :ssh:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hey thread, how often do I get a chance to talk to the dugtrio lady? I've been riding back and forth from town to Ten Karat Hill all afternoon and haven't seen her.

I just want to scope out those beautiful mole-locks.

E: and has anyone noticed that Rotomdex is ticklish?

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 18, 2016

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Golden Goat posted:

What did the "Visit me tomorrow" guy give?

10 pretty wings

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Tired Moritz posted:

I like the ice-cream pokemon.

also, people who say dragonite is a bad pokemon design needs to go away!!

:yeah:
You've got good opinions and I think you're going places.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's an event in the Sun and Moon demo today where you can meet Lillie near the entrance to Ten Carat Hill. It's a very minor one though, and you don't get anything from doing it.

Oh good, someone else saw this. I took pictures but hadn't gotten around to posting them yet.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Are there any other wacky attack some 'mons learn in Gen I? Wouldn't mind going down memory lane if I could get some silly BS 'mons for SM.

Fissure on Machamp :v:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Does dugtrio show up in the patches of grass where we can actually catch stuff?

E: Pikachu totally does!

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 23, 2016

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Chibs posted:

The ~mysterious old man~ came back when I went to his area again. They didn't give me anything, but the game saved again right after.

very curious . . . or possibly nothing

I've gone back a few times. His message has changed each time.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

mabels big day posted:

I missed the 23rd one. I blame the thread.

You missed the implication that the woman at the corner of town hall street and road to Ten Carat Hill is dating a Machamp.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

how do you pronounce words that you get seven from that middle line

It seems like you want this to be a haiku, but also completely missed the point.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I am glad you got the joke :shobon:

Alternatively :thejoke: but not like in a snarky way

We cool :hfive:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Crosspeice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VC_GAHetj0

New video of adorable kids playing Pokemon like they were in an anime. Couple new details is the Normal Z Move being Breakneck Blitz, as well as a look at the Rock Z move, which I hoped was Minior's exclusive Z move. Oh well.

Also, since the Exeggutor had Explosion, it's possible to use that as the basis of the Z Move, but not actually explode and be able to use it later. Also Multi Battles let there be 4 Z Moves in a match.

Shut up, I'm not crying you're crying.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Quick question: can X&Y do in person battles against OR/AS? I'm organizing a tournament for Halloween and want to set the expectations appropriately.

Basically: would Cosplaychu and Dragon Ascent cause problems in Pokéfrance?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

corn in the bible posted:

things that arent in xy are banned when battling them, so you can't use that mega rayquaza or cosplay pikachu, or any of the mega evolutions not in xy. but otherwise you can battle or trade freely

Cool, thanks

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Zuzie posted:

Play the Sun and Moon demo today and celebrate Pikachu's birthday!

You get a Balm Mushroom.

Happy birthday, Pikachu!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Raserys posted:

I can't wait to go to the Hawaii region and capture our boy Guzma.

I can't wait to shout "Hawaii" when I see my boy Guzma

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Calaveron posted:

What's the consensus on best first route trash mammal slash rodent? Worst?

As I post every few months:
Patrat->Watchog

Nth Doctor posted:

Dude, Watchog is great as a poor man's Technician Breloom. It has hypnosis and super fang, which is awesome for taking down high HP monsters.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Does anyone know what time the demo goes from day to night? It's midnight here, my ds clock is correct, and the sun is shining in game.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I believe it's every other time you open the demo or something like that. It's not based on the time of day.

Hmm... Just soft reset and it's still day. Weird.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think you have to exit out of the demo and reopen it from the 3DS menu a few times.

Backing all the way out to the menu and going back in coincided with it suddenly becoming night.
Thanks for your help, pokebros.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Holy poo poo. :discourse:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I don't get it, I put my 3DS XL in my pocket where I usually put my phone all the time.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hey, I was going to do a funny gimmick for Genesect codes but gently caress it.

A5Z5 N4FC MDAW F3ZQ

A5Z5 N4FQ D6F5 J4D8

A5Z5 N4KM 3GGM 8TCW

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 9, 2016

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

notoriousman posted:

Snagged this one, thanks!

Truecon420 posted:

Got the second one! Thanks :)

You're welcome, guys

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

dragon_pamcake posted:

Somebody snagged this one, FYI.

Thanks, friend. Sorry you missed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Just paid off my double pre-order and confirmed a midnight release at the Game Stop nearest my house. Gonna catch all the pokemon tomorrow night. :dance: