Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

it just jumps really high ok. like really high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beZRRfvLxG4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
seriously tho. if your gamestop claims to not have any codes, let them know they can print off codes on receipts and to just do that for you. I literally went to a gamestop yesterday and the guy there had no idea that was ever an option but he figured out how to do it quick.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is Wonder Trade still gonna be a thing? I like it as a way to dump breeding trash and sometimes can get some funny results.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Anyone have any pro tips for living dex completion? Figured, gently caress it, there's two weeks until the new games come out, may as well do something in the meantime.

I've already organized everything in Bank to see what I'm missing, going one gen at a time with my breeding and evolving train. I figure I might have some issues with some of the trade evos but I might be able to score some of them on GTS I'm guessing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

use the blissey bases

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ruggington posted:

please dont forget that delphox is a magician

hidden ability: boosts the attack of ALL moves when low on health

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is Wonder Trade still gonna be a thing? I like it as a way to dump breeding trash and sometimes can get some funny results.

They haven't said anything regarding wonder trade, but I hope its still around as it's a great way to jettison your unwanted Pokémon like sea animals jettison their eggs during spawning.

However, since Hyper Training allows you to raise IVs. It's possible that you might not even need to breed so many Pokémon to get the perfect result.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Zuzie posted:

However, since Hyper Training allows you to raise IVs. It's possible that you might not even need to breed so many Pokémon to get the perfect result.

why would anyone not hypertrain a perfect ditto? Especially if that one cap is, I assume, going to be rare? Unless ditto won't exist in Alola and has to imported. Has there been a gen where ditto didn't exist outside of late/post game?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cancerianmoth posted:

why would anyone not hypertrain a perfect ditto? Especially if that one cap is, I assume, going to be rare? Unless ditto won't exist in Alola and has to imported. Has there been a gen where ditto didn't exist outside of late/post game?

They dont want to use ditto breeding pokemon, they wanna use their friends they caught and used in the main game

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

MissileWaster posted:

Anyone have any pro tips for living dex completion? Figured, gently caress it, there's two weeks until the new games come out, may as well do something in the meantime.

I've already organized everything in Bank to see what I'm missing, going one gen at a time with my breeding and evolving train. I figure I might have some issues with some of the trade evos but I might be able to score some of them on GTS I'm guessing.

if you have x and y completed friend safaris are pretty good at filling out your dex. otherwise just ask in the trading thread in this link and I'm sure people can toss you some

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ruby and sapphire are the only games where ditto doesn't appear at all without trading

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Fuuuuck, my Y cart is missing. I wanted to bring Delphox and Yveltal in January.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Today it clicked in my head that the late Eddie Guerrero, on top of all his feats, also spent 1993 to 1996 in New Japan Pro Wrestling as Black Tiger II, so my Incineroar is gonna Lie, Cheat and Steal under the Eddie Guerrero name.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Eddie Purrero.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I really want to pick Rowlett, but you guys aren't making this easy on me.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Does anyone know what time the demo goes from day to night? It's midnight here, my ds clock is correct, and the sun is shining in game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Today it clicked in my head that the late Eddie Guerrero, on top of all his feats, also spent 1993 to 1996 in New Japan Pro Wrestling as Black Tiger II, so my Incineroar is gonna Lie, Cheat and Steal under the Eddie Guerrero name.

I'm calling mine Kenny Omeowga. Because it's a video game so I think he'd appreciate it most, and also the main character is a dirty gaijin.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Xavier Fires

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

less laughter posted:

so are ostriches/emus, yet they are still immune to Ground

Where the gently caress is my Alolan Dodrio :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Nth Doctor posted:

Does anyone know what time the demo goes from day to night? It's midnight here, my ds clock is correct, and the sun is shining in game.

I believe it's every other time you open the demo or something like that. It's not based on the time of day.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I believe it's every other time you open the demo or something like that. It's not based on the time of day.

Hmm... Just soft reset and it's still day. Weird.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I think you have to exit out of the demo and reopen it from the 3DS menu a few times.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I feel like people are coming around on Incineroar, which is good, because the design is excellent, and it is HEEL TIGER. still going with owl, but there should be no more Incineroar hate in this thread.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spatula City posted:

I feel like people are coming around on Incineroar, which is good, because the design is excellent, and it is HEEL TIGER. still going with owl, but there should be no more Incineroar hate in this thread.

This gen has the best starters tbh.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Geostomp posted:

Similarly, why isn't Voltorb's line part-Steel?

pokeballs are made of plastic

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think Gen 4s are still a little better, but this Gen is really, really close.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

Hmm... Just soft reset and it's still day. Weird.

There's a way to manual shift it, but can't remember the exact button presses. It was something + start vs. select for day or night.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

I like this gen's stage 2s more. So gen vii edges it out for me.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Bogart posted:

Eddie Purrero.

This helped me make my decision between Owl and Cat. Stealing this one. Could only think of Seth Pawlins.

Or Kofi Kingston, cause he was the Wildcat :v:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ChrisBTY posted:

It's been a good while since I liked the design of all three starters like I do these guys.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cancerianmoth posted:

Unless ditto won't exist in Alola and has to imported. Has there been a gen where ditto didn't exist outside of late/post game?

It won't, Ditto is in the Aloladex. So either it's catchable in the wild or you are given one from an NPC.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think you have to exit out of the demo and reopen it from the 3DS menu a few times.

Backing all the way out to the menu and going back in coincided with it suddenly becoming night.
Thanks for your help, pokebros.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Actually, it was Gen 3

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

corn in the bible posted:

Actually, it was Gen 3

t-tomodachi...!

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

less laughter posted:

It won't, Ditto is in the Aloladex. So either it's catchable in the wild or you are given one from an NPC.

The leak that showed which island stuff is on has Ditto on island 3. I'm guessing it's catchable, but I suppose it could be a gift or trade.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think iv training being for level hundos only will keep breeding alive

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

MissileWaster posted:

I literally just completed my living dex (minus the mythical events that I missed).

I found that Eeveelutions are a pretty hot item. I got about 30 'mons just by mass evolving Umbreons and Espeons and putting them in the GTS.

Legendaries are harder to come by. I lucked out with the legendary beasts. I traded level 90+ competitive pokemon for Suicune, Raikou, and Entei.

I also played through Pokemon X three different times to get Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos. I caught 3 Zygardes, 3 Xerneas, and 3 Mewtwos and used those as bargaining for higher-profile legendaries.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Spatula City posted:

This is the first time I'm going to get both versions right away, so I'll also use both starters. Cat in Sun, Owl in Moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Someone linked to the Origin of Species column on Bulbapedia and I've been reading it since yesterday. It is fascinating.

On Bronzor and Bronzong:

quote:

After a while, though, the woman started to regret giving away her mirror, which had been in her family for many years. An old proverb said that a mirror was the soul of a woman, and she started to worry that in giving away her precious mirror, she had also given away her soul. She didn't have the money to buy the mirror back, and whenever she went to the temple, she could see it in amongst the pile of others. She longed to steal it back, but the opportunity never came.

Eventually, all of the mirrors were sent to the foundry to be melted down. Mysteriously, one of the mirrors would not melt: a sign that whoever donated it must not have wanted to give it up.

quote:

One reference to the legends in the design of Bronzor and Bronzong that might not be immediately obvious is in their abilities. Both can have the Heatproof ability, rendering them resistant to fire, just like the mirror that refused to be melted down.
:aaaaa: