Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Since Team Skull is probably going to be involved with the Legendary I hope it's unintentional. Like I want the reason you have deal with the bat/lion is because they vandalize a sacred monument or something and then they try to fight it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

No. Mainly that it sticks and tries return to its favorite spot no matter what, even if it means it'll starve to death. They're chucked back into the ocean so they can get some food, and because tourists find them ugly.

I hope there's a second part where I can tell off tourists for insulting my sea cucumber friend.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just noticed the cool S in this and I hope I see a grunt use it to spell their team name when the game comes out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lezard_valeth posted:

Yep this is what I resorted to. Got lucky Burn RNG on Geodude, and surprisingly Onix's AI is very scripted (Bide, store, store, Release, Tackle, Screech, Repeat) so I just exploited that for an easy win.

THANK GOD he only gets Bind on Yellow. Sure they reduced Onix's level, but they gave him a beast move.

edit: I forget, R/B/Y have some "must catch X number of Pokemon" gates, can someone list them?

Bulbapedia to the rescue:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Professors%27_aides

Route 2 Gate: 10 to get Flash
Route 11 Gate: 30 to get the Itemfinder
Route 15 Gate: 50 to get the Exp. All

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey so the Japanese website has been putting up old Pokemon with some new descriptions like for Pinsir it says something about Vikavolt being their rivals in Alola. They just put up Arcanine recently:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/160826_02.html

I'm posting this because one of the leaks said there would be water type Alolan Arcanine it was also the one that said there would be fighting type Alakazam. So unless they decide to have both, water Arcanine isn't happening possibly along with whatever was in that leak, which makes me sad because I wanted to see it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

Why in the goddamn hell isn't Pokemon Snap on the Wii U Virtual console

It is though...just not in North America :negative:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Europe got it last week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can someone explain what is so bad about it?

From the post in this thread it sounds like the difficulty is busted, someone posted about a part where you have to do continuous battles without any items (don't know if that means in between battles or no items period.) It also sounds like it is optimized poorly with people posting famerate issues.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

no, freeze has a 20% chance to wear off every turn rather than a set turn limit. it can be devastating, or it can be as short as a one-round sleep.

What the gently caress.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lezard_valeth posted:

After 2 weeks my body is in so much need for Sun/Moon leaks that I clicked fully aware that behind the link would probably be either some fantasy anime girl power or a fat guy cosplaying as the fantasy anime girl.

How much longer must we wait Gameforge :argh:

We are definitely getting Sun/Moon info during tomorrow's Nintendo Direct.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/771650820886495232

Looking forward to dataminers getting their hands on this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Diet Poison posted:

Pretty sure this only ever worked (and still does of course) if you have more than one game. Put it up from X for something specific and uncommon that you have in AS, switch games, and make the trade. I do it all the time because for real, gently caress trade evos.

Nah there was a way to do it in Gen 4 at least, never tried past that. What you needed to do was put a trade evo mon up for trade, request something impossible because the next part could take some time, then find someone who wasn't also requesting something impossible and complete a trade, next take back the pokemon you put up for trade and once you do it would evolve.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Iris is cool because she has a scrolling space battle background like final bosses on the SNES.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

Did XY even have stakes? I remember Lysandre's dumbass loving plan involved the uh, Pokemon powered laser was it? But I don't remember if there was any urgency to it outside of the moment in between the two battles with him

Nah, the evil scientist that controls the laser doesn't even fire the laser until you come along so he can be a dick and give you an option of two buttons that do the same thing of firing the death laser.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah at the Team Skull dude doing JoJo poses.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How does Team Skull keep getting better?!?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FishBulb posted:

Team Skull doesn't have to turn into good guys for the other guys to also be bad.

This, if Aether are also bad guys then they'll probably be the one with the plan to destroy the world and not Team Skull making Team Skull the best team.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Amppelix posted:

"It appears that the Aether Foundation is also conducting research on these Ultra Beasts."

If not straight-up villains, there's no way the foundation will be completely on the straight and narrow. They're very conspiciously white.

The Japanese trailer even showed they have their own grunts. Aether is super suspicious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

With the way the Ultra Beast are being advertised as a new threat it would be cool if the box legendary is something that helps you against them instead of being a tool to help a madman's plot like every game past gen 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Type: Null has more going for it seems, next month's CoroCoro is going to reveal its' true strength.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Nevermind that poo poo, here comes Marowak

I'm glad Alola made it more badass.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's clearly Mega UB-01.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

HopperUK posted:

Holy poo poo, got wonder traded a pikachu with the pokerus. I have never seen it before and I've been playing on and off since the original Blue. Busy infecting my whole team.

I picked Mudkip (AS) and I kind of wish I hadn't because there are water types coming out of everywhere now. I might have to adjust my usual method of 'stick HMs on main party pokemon because who cares' and start actually having HM slaves who get rotated in and out.

Make sure you have it in the PC so it has pokerus forever and can spread to other pokemon whenever you want to.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mordja posted:

S Tier

The Rest
Who cares?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

there haven't been any non-gen 1 Alola Forms, right? i wonder if that's just how it is or if that's just what they've decided to show off.

How would people feel if Alola Forms were only gen 1?

Also how many Alola forms have been revealed so far?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/notty_jirachi/status/778262167594209280

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad my boxed friends now have something to do as I send them into to the caves to get me evolution stones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also worth pointing out, from Serebii's Twitter: we have Ice Stones now. I guess that ends the "how to evolve Alolan Vulpix" debate.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/783301634009030656

Hopefully Eevee can use it too along with a leaf stone now so Gamefreak doesn't have to keep putting in those ice and moss rock areas.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

For those unable to youtube, could we get a picture of what's new in this trailer

Can't upload pictures right now, but the starter evos are on the front of the official site.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/

And the other new stuff doesn't come across well in pictures.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Maybe it's nostalgia but I have an easier time forgiving the mistakes DPPt made (though the fire type stuff when there's an Elite 4 fire type user is amateur hour poo poo) since the setting, story, music, art style and characters, plus a decent enough level curve, made for a pretty fun generation. Remakes would definitely need work, tho, like actual active changes to some things instead of sprinkling some Megas here and there. Doing a new regional pokedex that goes beyond what Platinum did, introducing regional variants to further beef up the Pokedex, game speed wouldn't be an issue thankfully, but following SM's example and just removing HMs would be excellent.

I think Platinum being such an overhaul helped with that easier to forgive mistakes when they fix them and you can pretend they never happened. Also the player characters got super nifty jackets as a good forgiving bonus.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jarogue posted:

Brionne is just so happy to be here.

Hell so am I.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Team Skull ftw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Olivia and Alolan Muk are extremely cool.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nessa posted:

Well, what else could the starters have as a secret? Maybe unique Z-moves?

I don't know if it's the secret, but unique Z-moves is practically a given and will probably require the starters knowing their signature move or those elemental hyper beams to use.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sharrrk posted:

remember when everyone thought the gen 6 starters were going to have mega evolutions as a given

I don't

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zore posted:

It is really weird the chinese leak was right about so much and such specific stuff but whiffed the snowman and dolphin. Rip them.

Wimpod's evo is amazing as is bubble bug. So many good bugs after the disappointment of gen VI :allears:

Someone earlier said the Chinese for snowman can also be read as yeti, as in Crabrawler's evolution.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why isn't the demo up in the US yet :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

??? What are they?

They're Ultra Beast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just started the demo and I can confirm that Team Skull is the best team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Demo update: Fought a totem pokemon, Greninja became Ash-Greninja then proceeded to get flinch locked and died before it could anything.