Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

quite frankly, gen 1 did freeze the best, among many other things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i like the element monkeys

simipour is a cutie

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

fourth meal

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

GlitchThief posted:

I'm curious what people will be doing with their collections when Sun/Moon comes out. Will you be transferring them in right away for use or to avoid wasting pokeballs on redundant captures? Or will you leave them in the bank to worry about after completing the main game?

i don't transfer anything until i've finished the main game, catching everything is part of the fun

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zoness posted:

i used to do this but now it's only to replenish pp because i noticed after gen 5 that i'd still have like all the random super potions i got while playing the game as i was beating the elite 4 and looking for the 99 full restores or max potions i bought before going into the gauntlet

although penny pinching on efficient vending machine beverages or lava cookies is a time honored tradition for me and I won't change my outdated ways with regards to that :colbert:.

its messed up that they still havent made ethers and elixers purchasable, even if it was only in the late game marts or something

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Leppa Berries tho

gently caress gardening

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i watered a plant once and it was the worst experience of my life

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

jsut let me buy berries. please. i have so much money and ive bought all of the clothes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Can you buy clothes in ORAS? Where, friend?

i'm sorry

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The Zombie Guy posted:

Been driving myself nuts trying to catch Azelf in Omega Ruby. I keep getting the little bastard down to 1HP and making him fall asleep, but he still breaks out of scores of Ultra Balls. Is it worth using my Master Ball on him, or is there a harder to catch target I should save it for?

use your master ball on whatever you want. you can catch anything with any ball, you're just getting unlucky

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there anybody in particular that I should use an ability capsule on. what poke has the greatest differential in ability quality

use it on a pokemon that you wish had gotten the other ability it can get

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

give me competitive dress up

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

as a degenerate little girl, i can confirm that contests are good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Isn't this how all the remaining gen 6 legendaries AND Mega Latios/as got leaked?

i remember the names of the gen 6 event legendaries were found by people putting in whatever names they could think of into the gts and seeing what was accepted

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Hoopa

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

I encountered my first ever wild shiny a couple days ago and it's lickitung. Congrats to me.

Congrats to you

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh my god barbaracle is even worse

What the gently caress is this

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i know what barbaracle is, moron. i'm asking what the gently caress tha tpost is. i hate it, barbaracle is badass

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

espeon should be able to learn power gem

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Elfgames posted:

kingler has crabhammer

crabhammer is very good but it isn't boosted by sheer force, which is sort of their point

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 1, 2016

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

if i wanted to get into competitive a bit where would i start? the burden of knowledge seems absolutely insane

should i just make some teams on showdown and flail around for a bit to see what works

play pokken tournament with me instead

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I'd like to announce that alolan rattata will not be finding it's way onto my team as I do not want to aggravate the hardworking mons under my care

what if raticate looks really cool tho

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

excuse you raticate is already cool

we're talking about the alolan raticate, buddy.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

GlitchThief posted:

Possibly dumb question, but is there some Mewtwo-equivalent Pokemon I should be saving my Master Ball for in ORAS?

use your master ball on whatever you want

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

ORAS has a fuckload of legendaries available post-game. The most difficult one to catch is probably Giratina. There are others, including your cover legendary, Deoxys, Regigigas, and several of the other legendaries detailed on that page, that have the same extremely low catch rate that Giratina has, but Giratina is unlike the others in that its typing makes it immune to False Swipe. However, you can catch anything easily enough if you use the Catching O-Power before you encounter it. You won't have an opportunity to use that O-Power the first time you battle Deoxys, but if you knock it out, it will respawn after the next time you defeat the Champion, so you can try again at your leisure.

i've never used the catching o-power or false swipe and i've caught every single legendary with luxury balls. people over-complicate this so much

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

greatn posted:

Could you use foresight so false swipe would work?

no one should have to use foresight

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FishBulb posted:

My daughter caught like 80% of the legendaries in ORAS with regular pokeballs. No false swipe, no sleep :shrug:

Good kid

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

My favorite pokemon song is the little piano riff that plays while Cyntia is talking to you, before the battle starts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0At5MXUoM

basically everything about cynthia is the best, in my opinion

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

:agreed:

That, and the dumb green outfits that somehow, despite being based mostly on RS, carried over to ORAS.

the emerald outfits were good actually, very stylish, good color scheme

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i don't trade my pokemon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Can't find my copy of Leaf Green. Is there a way to reset the gen3>4 Pal Park daily timer with only one gen3 cart?

buy heartgold or soulsilver

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

angewomon is my favorite pokemon

mine is gatomon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

lemme shred some sweet digimon licks for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xDFWYt_pbY

bless

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I got a Gible, I've never used a land-shark.

He is cute and I wish he didn't evolve so fast.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

so are ultra beasts not pokemon? is this the first time we're fighting not Pokemon things?

you could fight a pair of sexy legs in b2w2, among other things

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

im gonna go with dragon/steel because it seems to have a psuedo knight theme going on

i think it'll become dragon/fighting since its description talks about it having the pride of the warrior and never neglecting its training

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Tall girl with the hair is cool

she;s evil but i want to date her

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i didnt like that the pokemon they used in the world tournament had random genders and abilities. they should stay consistent

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm going to team up with plumeria and kick wicke's rear end, and then we're going to kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Tirtouga and Archen both suck but tirtouga sucks slightly less because its a turtle

archen rules, moron