Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Elfgames posted:

only graveler was decently named

Geodude comes from geode + dude, so it's actually a pretty clever name. But yeah, Golem is probably the laziest/most unimaginative name from gen I, along with Seel and Persian. Electrode and Gloom are different from those because they can at least double as electric + explode and glume + bloom, respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Seel is also an anagram for eels, which live in the sea :tinfoil:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vulgina

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
No living dex is complete until the player has traveled back in time to catch all the ancient Unown

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
They previewed new official merch today featuring all legendaries and mythicals revealed up to Magearna, and Phione isn't on it. So I guess that finally settles that age old debate Bulbapedia's been having with itself for over a decade now?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That's so cluttered I can't even tell if Manaphy is on it. But I assume it is. gently caress Phione, that poo poo ain't legendary.

Manaphy is between Ho-Oh and Groudon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Viewtiful Jew posted:

After looking up to see, I'm glad I'm not going to be the only one to refer to UB-01 as "Uboan" to save time and cut out the last syllable.

The love child of the Wii U and the Xbone

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Heatran is a legendary with absolutely no bombast other than "lives in volcanoes"

It's actually hella bombastic

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Improbable Lobster posted:

There should be more Snails and Eels

How will they ever top this snail tho

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Heatran is the epitome of "Filler Legend".

no the pixies are

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Deoxys is the first Mythical ever to break this in ORAS.

Technically, Manaphy in gen IV was first.

e: actually now that I think about it, Jirachi in gen III could also be gotten without an event

less laughter fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 9, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Best legendary

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cheetah7071 posted:

if you use one and aren't a literal child you need to re-evaluate your life.

Articuno is in the same tier as Luvdisc

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Also the genies have always sucked. Pre-Therian for having the same goddamn design

The pixies differ less from each other than the Incarnate genies do. Direct your rage toward the pixies instead.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Blaziken and Lucario are ancient Egyptian gods so that makes it thrilling to play as them

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The Lord of Hats posted:

I battled against a whole squad of people led by one of the most prominent minds in Kalos so that I could catch this doombird. You can't expect me not to use my doombird to flatten youngsters rambling about shorts into the dirt. All these other trainers need to be put in their place :colbert:

and pretty soon you'll get to do it again with doombat

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Die Laughing posted:

Fun thing about using Mew during the story is making a rule to give him each TM HM as you get it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Die Laughing posted:

Anyone planning on getting both versions?

No, just Moon.

I double dipped with XY because I couldn't choose between Xerneas and Yveltal, they're both equally awesome. But this time it's not as hard.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Weird thing to get so hung up on.

Lunala is a :ghost:. There are many other ghosts in the series that don't have legs either, like Misdreavus, Mismagius, Shuppet, Duskull, Dusknoir, Haunter, Phantump, etc.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
It looks hella awesome

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I think Pokémon merchandise has finally hit its zenith:

These would be ideal as wedding rings.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Sep 10, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kelp Plankton posted:

if you propose to me with a venusaur or a charizard instead of blastoise, we're breaking up on the spot because you clearly dont understand me

We're both gonna have to get the same one then because I want the Blastoise one as well

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dexie posted:

I just wish they had changed them to Fairy type.

The Ralts and Mime Jr. lines took precedence.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zuzie posted:

The Lake Guardians being psychic types make sense since they're supposed to represent elements of the spirit... or mind if you will.

Yeah but all their names (both in English and in Japanese) are references to fairies. So Psychic/Fairy would have fit them.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I hope when facing a Mimikyu, Ditto falls for the disguise and transforms into a Pikachu

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

The only ones with a useful number of resistances are Walrein and Mamoswine, and only if they have Thick Fat.

Snowslash has 1 immunity (Poison) and 8 resistances (2x to Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Normal and Psychic, and 4x to Ice).

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
When are we getting a bowling ball and pins Pokémon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
editing answers into posts above the question is this forum's weirdest habit

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Scrap Dragon posted:

Should I use Drapion or Scoliopede in my White 2 run?

Amoonguss

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Serena stans around the world are currently hurling themselves into the ocean because of that poster for the next anime season. What a glorious day.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I think Rockruff's night evo (Nightwolf) is supposed to resemble a wolf in sheep's clothing.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

For some reason I thought the evolution method would be something new.

Yeah it's not new since it's exactly the same as Eevee into Espeon or Umbreon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

But I want my own precious pokemon not some garbage other person's gunk named Fartzilla or something.

Then just breed them and the baby will have your own OT.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Killer Queen posted:

I still really wish punch crab was Fighting/Water, but the design is amazing as heck regardless.

Coconut crabs live on land, Water-type wouldn't make sense.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Kerrrrrrr posted:

ash you are a such a dork :allears: i hope he starts with a rowlett cause it's the cutest

In the leaked concept art it looks like Rowlet is Mallow's mon rather than Ash's. It fits her very well.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yeah these are all so perfect especially for the region

Yeah because Robin Hood was a native Hawaiian, I saw his birth certificate.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

KungFu Grip posted:

Are Rockruff's evo the same one or two different ones?

They're like Espeon and Umbreon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Calaveron posted:

What was the other supposed leak for alternate starter evos? The one that made popplio look like a clown strongman sex offender?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

This is straight up awful.

Turn on your monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Harlock posted:

Maybe Ultra Beasts aren't people turned into Pokemon but creatures who mimic an essence of a person or something and we're all a little bit pokemon inside.

My inner Pokémon is likely a Mega Diancie, because my soul is just that beautiful and majestic