Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Here's my hot take: the world is ready for Fissure Machamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why isn't water weak to poison yet

Has Game Freak never dumped oil in the freaking ocean

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Metagross is the best psychic type

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I wish Beldum could be my starter pokemon

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cancerianmoth posted:

Man, I just can't with the VGC stuff. Looking at that chart makes me really sad that there is no variety. The last set of players almost all had the same pokemon- 4 legendaries, 1 mega (the same one in most cases) and brozong. You would think since VGC is official that they would try and make more viably competitive pokemon/movesets.

Well I guess I'll stick to making objectively bad but fun teams. its what really counts right?

Competitive Pokemon is an afterthought for Game Freak

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

korusan posted:

Gengar has Cursed Body now, lmao thanks for the nerf Game Freak

TBF Gengar having levitate has never made sense.

That chunky ghost doesn't float.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

RIP OU Gengar. You were the only holdout from Gen 1 that made it to OU every generation, but alas, Gen 7 was not to be, it seems.

Mega Gengar still exists and is stupidly terrifying

Wait does Mega Gengar even exist in Gen 7

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

Wishiwashi School-forme stats

45/140/130/140/135/30

Super Fang hard counters this, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

stealth rock isn't that bad. It's just a dumb meme alongside "starters on four legs" and "fire/fighting".

Pebble parachute spotted

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
UBs can't actually be caught, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

People's 3DSes were reported to be overheating during double battles. There's a point where performance issues becomes unacceptable, no matter what the genre is.

Also from what I'm hearing, there's no post-game in Sun and Moon, so prepare to be disappointed on that front.

People didn't bother with it so they stopped putting it in.

extra row of teeth posted:

Ninetales will probably be a hail team staple as a backup Snow Warning setter and speedy caster of that Aurora buff.

Too bad hail is probably still gonna be garbage :smith:

Maybe if Ice got any kind of change in resistances to be a better type, say resisting water but it's not allowed to be competitive (along with poison, a type which should definitely be super effective to water but is not).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

did they improve snivy's tm list

this is important

How do you improve on +2 to special attack Overheats, Dragon Pulse, and amazing support coverage

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Smogon tiers are heartbreaking! Look at this list: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ru/

It's basically 100% baller dudes :(

Heartbreaking dudes who get a chance to shine without Garchomp taking a big sandy dump on them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

jesus gently caress that's really lame. first of all it's obviously cheating to use legendaries, that's what the rear end in a top hat kid does. also i think only assholes use the in-game feature in XY to battle because everytime I try it's some japanese fucker with legendaries or only OP monster beasts. I chipped away at someone with my Raichu the other day and she had no effective moves or anything but I refused to switch out. They kept doing some buff move because I think they were trying to troll me, but I think they stopped paying attention and I managed to kock it out but still lost in the end. What does this story have to do with anything I don't know but you can' take back things you write.

Source your quotes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is there a link to a spoiled Pokemon list anywhere?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If I want an Ash Greninja with the right nature do I have to reset the demo or anything?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Pokegoons, what is the best DS Pokemon game to get for a 6 year old?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All the pokemon games are made for literal children so get him any one but I recommend Black/White over HGSS any gen 4 game because it's kind of a soft reboot and it's actually balanced to be played by humans without massive amounts of grinding/forcing you to stick with 3 and only 3 pokemon.

It's actually for my niece :)

I'm thinking Pearl or White version right now, was going to try to pick one of those up and one of the Professor Layton games.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 22, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

If you're thinking of getting her a Gen IV game please, please, please get her Platinum and not Pearl or Diamond. Platinum is strictly superior to either of the other two and there's no reason to play them over Plat.

Personally my vote goes to Black or White.

Black or White probably makes the most sense, that's the Pokemon show she's seen the most episodes of.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Minrad posted:

Seconding/thirding/whatevering the Black/White suggestions. DP are strictly worse than Platinum, and while I love the Sinnoh region I think Black/White would be better as first Pokemon game.

X/Y and a 2DS wouldn't be a bad idea either, if she's more concerned with playing with Pokemon that are prominently seen in advertisements/toys/etc.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Might as well go with Sun/Moon and a 2DS

I'm a good uncle but I'm not that good an uncle :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

oddium posted:

breeding rules and bottle caps are dumb

IVs were a mistake

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh come on, nobody likes Jace. Not even as a joke.

I like three of Jace's cards if that counts

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

brainSnakes posted:

I'm actually curious how cheat proof the whole authenticity mark on new pokemon are. That little plus sign or whatever.

My guess is not very cheat proof, based on the totally legit perfect ditto i got randomly wonder traded out of nowhere.

They have ways to check legality for official tournaments but nothing outside of that afaik

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's not really incest, it's a really extreme narcissist complex

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Sometimes a baby comes out of it, nature do what nature do

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Neitherman posted:

I just fought a trainer with an Alolan Dugtrio. What a loving inspired design.

It's hair metal, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'm guessing a few restarts now is faster than grinding to Lv. 100 and farming bottle caps.

Although I don't know, is it :v:

You are looking at 1/1024 odds for perfect IVs, so...gonna guess no?

E: Is there any reason but petty revenge for spiting their uniqueness system to require levelling to 100?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So how hard are HA Mareanie to catch?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The story really, really wants you to care about Lillie for it to work, doesn't it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Holy poo poo how can the Totem Kommo-o fight be that big of a letdown

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Attestant posted:

Totem Pokémon worked better earlier in the game. By the time you get to Poni, you probably have a disgusting murdersquad finished, and a single Pokémon + SOS is not a threat.

I've been swapping out tons of Pokemon the whole game and my average team level was like 6 below the ground Kahuna.

Summoning a level 32 version of yourself as a threat is a joke after Mimikyu.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
You should've pulled the trigger and made Lusamine the 5th Pokemon in that fight Game Freak

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Did they cap out EVs at 252 finally

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This game ends with Lillie going to Kanto with the box legendary.

This is the canon ending for me.

E: Just strolling straight on into Brock's Gym

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm was pretty surprised that Gladion turned out to be one of the best characters in this game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
There are good Pokemon in lovely types, about the only exception to this was first and second gen (RIP bugs)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

vOv posted:

RIP gen 1 ghost type, super effective against psychic but they were all poison subtype and the only damaging moves were Night Shade and Lick.

Also Lurantis owns.

Except Gengar was still one of the best in that game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hammerite posted:

Gastly's line actually has better artwork in Gen 1 than in later generations. Haunter actually looks like something that could scare someone, somewhere, maybe.

The thing about the ugly sprites in that game is that they also make some Pokemon look pretty drat frightening.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why is it recommended to catch Nihilego with a 0 atk IV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So edge-case bullshit, got it, thanks