Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

This is currently what I'm thinking my team will be for Sun. In Pokemon, I usually have the problem of too many members belonging to a certain type (like in Y where I had 3 friggin Fire types because Delphox, Charizard, and event Blaziken), so this time I took the opposite route: every member of my team MUST have a unique typing. This way I won't be tempted to use Incineroar and Salazzle both and end up gimping myself against the inevitable Water type boss. I'd like to see you guys' thoughts on it and see if you have any recommendations for me. Important Note: this is not a competitive team because I have no patience for competitive battling. This is just meant to get me through the main game/post game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

The mons I got planned for my team at the moment are:

Primarina
Mimikyu
Zoroark
Gengar

With these in mind, I think I kinda wanna go for a cute'n'spooky theme. Anyone got any suggestions for the last 2 slots that are cute and/or spooky?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Drifblim is quite cute and spooky. As is my good friend Chandelure. I think you would be quite overloaded with ghosts at that point though.

Zoroark is an interesting choice though! I don't hear much about Trickster McSpindlyarms, how is that guy?

I don't think I'll have to worry about being overloaded with ghosts, tbh. Primarina alone takes care of, like, all their weaknesses.

I'm actually not too sure how good Zoroark is, this will be the first time I've used one! But I've always wanted to use one since they look so cool!

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I'm currently debating between Honchkrow, Masmagius, and Chandelure, but I'm still open to more suggestions!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

So I saw somewhere that you can give your character a tan now, and was wondering where exactly I go to do that? Just got the game today and have not been playing for a whole lot.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Geostomp posted:

I got stuck in my first play through of Blue for ten minutes because I couldn’t tell that the little mat was the door of my house.

My older brother had the exact same problem, thought it was just him being a doofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

indigi posted:

in addition to the three actual fire/fighting starters I feel like Incineroar may as well have been fire/fighting based on its (atrocious) design and moves/animations, I really hope they don’t make fire bunny into fire/fighting

Your hatred of my best friend's design only proves why it's such an amazing design.