Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Kill it with fire, from orbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

less laughter posted:

Six Kangaskhans

Magneton, Vanilluxe, Girafarig, Slowbro, Weezing, and [any other Pokémon]

Zedd posted:

Anyway I quite liked Y (recently beat it), but good Lord the camera in not-paris is godawful.

Ya gotta skate.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Vinylshadow posted:

How could you forget Dugtrio and Dodrio

OK swap Slowbro for Alolan Dugtrio.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

3 balls... Recent trademark related to some science crap... In 2019, Mewthree becomes real.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

chaosapiant posted:

I like this idea. I hope the new rival team is "Team AIDS." I can't see any other way to one-up Team Skull.

take this poo poo to Imp Zone

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

chaosapiant posted:

I think we know "Ryme City" isn't in any current regions, or hasn't been mentioned previously. So my thought is that it's a new region and Ryme City is the new Veridian/Lumiose/WTF ever other main city was in the games. Then fans of the movie can go "cool I want to visit there!" and play the hot new Gen 8 game, and older fans of the franchise can also go "I wish we had a region like that!" and so on.

It will be like Orre or where the Ranger/Puzzle League/various other spin-offs take place, and have zero connection to the main games.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The starters are great, Grookey is beautiful. Sucks that random battles are back... these fuckers couldn't do anything to modernize the series for the Switch?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Seriously, why do you guys think they would make another fire/fighting starter after they have three already? My bet's on fairy.

People said the exact same thing when there was only one fire/fighting starter. They love their burning spirit fighting heroes.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Aristide posted:

Same. I've gone with the grass starter for more then half of these games but I think this is gonna be another Gen VII where I go with water unless the other two have some outstanding looking final forms.

Like, I know we joke about digimon-looking pokemon, but Grookey reminded me pretty heavily of Monmon at first sight (and also that scene from The Jungle Book where Baloo dresses up as a monkey). That said, if it's final form ends up looking like some sweet Grass/Dark or Grass/Psychic witch doctor or a veggie Bigfoot I'd be down with it.
Watch as it turns into some Grass/Steel kendo monkey though with it's hair stick becoming it's sword. That seems like the most obvious way for them to go so I'm sure that's what will happen.

I bet his first stage is a caveman with a club and his final stage is a swordsman gorilla.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Procrastine posted:

Ok so other language sites have updated, French names are Ouistempo (ouistiti [marmoset] + tempo [tempo]), Flambino (flamme [flame] + bambino [Italian for child]) and Larméléon (larme [tear] + chaméléon [chameleon])

Guess Grookey is groove + monkey then

Yeah, this makes sense too

Yeah ya know they called Grookey a "chimp pokémon" in the trailer, but I first thought it looked more like a lemur or something. Marmoset also makes sense. Look up images of them– those things ARE pokémon.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Judge Tesla posted:

What's the villain team going to be in fantasy england anyway.

The glorious return of Team Plasma.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Borsche69 posted:

They've finally done it. They've made a game so linear that the new region is just a straight vertical line.

It kinda looks more like a vertical Kanto to me, in that once you get to that middle section there are like 3-5 different towns you can go back and forth between. That mushroom forest and weird mountainous area on the left look like an interesting diversion, too.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

El Burbo posted:

Carrying around their footie kit at all time

I can't wait for this game's Blitzball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm dead serious. It's a Chameleon, is shown changing colors in the trailer.

It will be Color Change.