Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I did the favorite Pokémon list thing but it just showed 6 Mega Rayquaza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If I got an old cartridge and transferred pokemon over to ORAS through pokemon bank, they would not have the blue pentagon correct?

If I was going for event pokemon that I will not be able to collect the rest of this year, which older game would be the most bang for my buck?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All Gen 2 pokemon are bad and should honestly just be put straight into the trash and forgotten.

Uh, Mareep?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Xad posted:

Is there anything you can do for most Pokemon with a 4x weakness that isn't "don't send them out against an x-type pokemon"?

Like I don't want to make a dumb sweeping generalization but unless there's something weird I'm not thinking of, if you're trying to beat a Wailord using a Magcargo/Golem/anything 4x weak to water, you might have made a very poor decision.

Sure, but why would you fight a luvdisc with any fire type pokemon?

If it's 4x weak to ground you can give it an Air Balloon. Heatran is a very good Air Balloon holder.

If you're playing doubles or triples, only send it out when you have a pokemon that can attract the attack, like running a Storm Drain pokemon alongside a Golem.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm going through and trying to complete the National Dex before Sun and Moon arrive, and since you can't transfer items through Pokémon Bank I don't think there's anything else I could do to try and "prep" for Sun and Moon. Are any of you guys doing anything before launch to get ready?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If you're chaining dittos in ORAS on that mirage island and hit a max chain, how likely is it you'll get a 5 or 6 iv ditto? I know you get a guaranteed 3 IVs maxed? I've found a legit 4 IV ditto so far, and fortunately it was hp/def/sdef/spd so I can use it for attackers and sp attackers, but I was wondering if it's worth putting in the time to try and find a pair of 5 IV by chaining.

Also, do we have any idea if hyper training will be able to reduce IVs like how super training can reset EVs? Setting speed to O for trick room or setting other IVs down for hidden powers could be annoying otherwise.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kelp Plankton posted:

For as much as the GTS helped trading stuff online be a thing, the actual real-time online trading system still kind of sucks and needs a lot of work. without any real way to communicate with people it's just you showing pokemon to them and hoping they figure out something you want

a wishlist option would help a lot

If they made an option in the GTS where you could select a pokemon and see all the different pokemon people have deposited in search of that specific pokemon I would be so happy.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

FishBulb posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

I phrased that poorly, lets say I have a Rotom. I want to be able to select and see who all has a deposited pokemon seeking a Rotom. Maybe someone has a Totodile deposited and is seeking a Rotom, but I wouldn't see it unless I selected Totodile and found the person seeking a Rotom. I'd have to wade through all the "Have Totodile seeking shiny Arceus" idiots.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 31, 2016

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Crosspeice posted:

Never search for something on the GTS. Just offer up a Pokemon, ask for something vaguely reasonable and you'll get the trade in minutes. Doing it any other way is just frustrating.

I spent a few days hovering over legendary pokemon on GTS and picked up quite a few legendaries for non-legendary pokemon. You'll pick up some hacked ones, but then you just throw those back for another legendary that appears less likely to be hacked. I got all 36 legendaries doing this and I have about a dozen extras with good natures or just future trade fodder.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I wonder if the Alola forms will have the same stat distributions and/or stat totals.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
So, apparently Mo-o is a name for a Hawaiian mythological lizard, but I wonder if they're double dipping on Jangmo-o's name and also referencing Susano-o, the Shinto God of the Sea and Storms. Seems fitting for the Alola region? Heartscale is from a water Pokémon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susanoo-no-Mikoto

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think everyone in the thread is forgetting Solgaleo is Lion Galileo. Obviously the best choice.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

McDragon posted:

It's a bit odd that Rhyhorn is so slow. Apparently rhinos are pretty nippy when they want to be. Give us a fast Alolan Rhyhorn please.

Also shows how often I think about Rhyhorn, his name just does not look right. Too many H's

Hippowdon is also very slow, but I've seen a Hippo run.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Supremezero posted:

Wailord's almost as fast as both of them combined, meanwhile.

Is it faster than an Indian Elephant though?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Do those evolved starters match that supposed leak from a while back?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Is the pre-load something people will be able to data mine for more information? I gotta know what nature my starting Litten should have so I can actually use my starter later on. I'm assuming he's a physical attacker as he's also a dark type and those are mostly physical moves but I gotta sperg.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

less laughter posted:

unbelievably rude, really

he has a moral obligation to us to not sleep until we know every last detail about the entire Pokédex

I just need to know if Incineroar is at a speed tier that's worth going Jolly over Adamant for my inevitable "reset until I get a good nature so I never have to ditch my starter" spree once I get the game.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Reinanigans posted:

Is Leech Life going from 20 BP to loving 80 BP the single largest buff any move has ever gotten?

I'm thinking that with this set-up, Incineroar might actually be pretty good, so long as you keep him away from...Ground, Water, Fighting, and Stealth Rock...:negative:

Incineroar@Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant/Impish
252 Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Sp. Defense
-Flare Blitz
-Darkest Lariat
-Leech Life
-Bulk Up/Earthquake

The idea would be to switch in on a physical move Incineroar resists, use Bulk Up on the switch, and then alternate Flare Blitz and Leech Life to dish out powerful attacks, while healing. Not sure if it's better to boost Defense or HP in that case.

EDIT: Just saw Intimidate on the leak.

I like the idea of taking U-Turn. What about something like Flare Blitz/Darkest Lariat/U-Turn/Earthquake with Assault Vest?

Now I have to ditch my Litten starter because he/she won't start out with Intimidate :(

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 8, 2016

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Kurieg posted:

I mean I guess he'll be good for the main game where you outspeed everything anyway, particularly since alolan poke's seem slow as poo poo.

2017 VGC Trick Room Champion

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Sorry if it's been said and I missed it, but is the DexNav returning in SuMo?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If you're planning on starting a new thread tomorrow with the release of sun and moon you should totally name it "Pokemon Megathread: Ultra Beasts and Where to Find Them"

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

checksin posted:

I think I'm on reset number 27 for a female litten

Would anybody like to buy a slightly smashed copy of Pokemon Moon

Ditto is on island 3 my friend, no need to get upset.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
How do the icons work as far as being able to use the pokemon in VGC/Battle Spot? If I take a gen 6 pokemon and breed it with a gen 7 ditto inside Sun and Moon, will it have the gen 7 symbol, or the gen 6 symbol? Trying to find hidden abilities with SOS battles alone seems like a gigantic kick in the pants.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Trying to figure out how to set up my Ditto S.O.S. Battle team. I may be over-complicating it:

Phantump
Harvest
-Growth
-Forest's Curse
-Confide
-Reflect

This is the lead pokemon that the chump Ditto will copy, then this guy gets swapped in for a pokemon with a Leppa berry and Trick. Once the chump Ditto has harvest + leppa berry, switch in:

Pangoro
Scrappy
-False Swipe
-Work Up
-Brick Break
-Low Sweep

Work Up a couple times to make sure you always OHKO the Ditto coming in. It'll either be Normal or Dark/Fighting type so you'll be super effective against it. Scrappy so you can False Swipe/KO the Phantump eventually.

Whenever you quit the chain, bring back in Phantump to make your chained ditto a chump, bring back pangoro and false swipe it down, trick your original leppa berry back if you want, faint the original chump, and throw pokeballs any turn the new chained ditto doesn't call in a buddy.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Calaveron posted:

One pokemon only evolves into its final form if it knows Stomp

Bounsweet, and Tsareena is awesome.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can send eggs directly to PC rather than your party. They can hatch from there, although I think Flame Body/Magma Armor don't work on them. And instead of running in a straight line, you get on Tauros and rotate in place while dashing in a tiny enclosed pen five steps from the egg-giving NPC.

Summary: It's a lot better.

also after the battle tree you have an IV checker in your PC, so you can leave eggs to hatch in the poke pelago then check their IVs from the PC.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

Just got wiped for the first time, against Guzma in Aether Paradise. drat, Masquerain did get buffed!!

Are you playing moon? Every Masquerain I saw just got deleted by Accelerock

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

El Burbo posted:

What type best represents the act of diving

Flying? If it's a water lizard it could evolve in to a flying serpent?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

El Burbo posted:

I mean the act of throwing yourself on the ground in soccer

Oh, right.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Has there been anything revealed about any changes to fundamental systems? I've heard rumors Gen 8 will be some kind of reboot.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I really want some unique/unused typings in this gen.

I feel like a revamp of the typing effectiveness chart would be needed before they can do this. A lot of typings go unused for a good reason.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

I'm gonna guess Fire/Grass or Fire/Ground (soccer bunny), Water/Ghost (the camouflage is a hint), and Grass/Fighting (it'll use a log or club to fight at final stage).

Fire/Ground would make sense with some kind of unique thumping ground attack. In SuMo the starters got a unique attack for their second type, right?

The tadpole could evolve in to a Mizuchi, and the monkey could evolve in to an Oni with a kanabo.

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 27, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
These leaks were actually pretty close:

Grass Monkey, Fire Rabbit

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Haha, I also have the same two threads open.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

This looks like too much of a coincidence?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dehry posted:

It's going to drive me nuts trying to figure out what this sign says.

E: It's in the Snow town on a building

The first letter is most likely an F.

Oh wait, we already know the F. hmm.

a 'W' for the third letter seems likely?

Reik fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 27, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
These are all the 5 letter words that end in 'e', don't have a repeat letter, and don't have one of the first 4 letters in "game freak"

code:
juvie
bonze
cloze
juice
pique
winze
cozie
pyxie
zowie
joule
quite
toque
zlote
blype
chive
upbye
chyle
clove
doxie
ixtle
oxide
phyle
bonce
coble
coupe
ponce
sixte
swive
voice
wince
bowse
chide
chile
chine
chuse
chute
copse
dulce
dunce
duple
inbye
loche
niche
ouphe
ovule
phone
ploye
scope
shive
shove
slype
spice
swipe
twice
uncle
while
whine
whole
yince
boule
butle
chose
cline
clone
coude
dolce
douce
dwine
hoyle
loupe
noble
olive
ounce
ovine
pulse
solve
tophe
voile
volte
white
whose
withe
yowie
blite
bouse
close
conte
cutie
dhole
dobie
dowie
dowse
locie
lowse
odyle
opine
scone
scute
since
slice
slipe
slope
snipe
socle
spile
spine
spode
stove
stupe
swile
swine
twine
yodle
boite
cosie
dulse
house
indue
lithe
nudie
piste
poise
shine
shone
shute
sidhe
spite
stipe
stope
style
thine
thole
towie
youse
douse
hoise
louie
louse
oldie
shote
sidle
slide
snide
sonde
those
tilde
tuile
unite
untie
utile
istle
noise
stile
stole
stone
suite
toile
touse

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Dehry posted:

It's going to drive me nuts trying to figure out what this sign says.

E: It's in the Snow town on a building

juice
house
style

Reik fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 27, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

i like tacos posted:

Trying to pause it at the right time was hard

That last character looks like a mirror'd 4th character on the snow town building sign. Are any letters a mirror pair? p and q?

slope? maybe it leads to a ski slope? That would make that 5 letter word end in a q, though.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Procrastine posted:

I can't help you with this directly, but maybe more samples would help?

_ _ _ E A

This one is hard. If you exclude all words that don't have a duplicate letter and the first 3 letters aren't contained in "game freak" you are only left with:

lycea
bohea
pilea
lutea
usnea
tinea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Charngus