Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

less laughter posted:

Nah, it looks like the claw of the day form. Just compare the two.

well yes i don't mean it's literally a ribcage, i meant it looks like it evokes ribs since it looks like bone + is placed on their ribs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I really like the bipedal dog because he has cool eyes like me

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Space T Rex posted:

Ugh the werewolfs face ruin it. Why does he look like BladeRunner(tm) OC Do Not Steal The Hedgehog or some poo poo?

He's crash bandicoot and thats win as hell

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tired Moritz posted:

I bet archer owl is gonna be super popular. Everyone loves archers, especially Japan.

I bet the popularity will go Wrestler Cat, Archer Owl, then lastly Siren Dog. I like all three, but the first two are definitely the ones I hear the most about.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hope the day one is fighting/rock.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

i have faith in team skull

Same, faith in them to succeed in their crimes and villain-type activities.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I might be dumb and bad but I'm passionate about Pokemon

Please get your quotes right, God bless

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
maybe the dogs are just version exclusive.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Everyone knows Shelmet sleeps with his visor down

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i like Sumo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i've never touched another human being but i can only assume that doing so within the ring of honour is more enjoyable than the bedroom of dishonour

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cancerianmoth posted:

Might be just me but SM or S&M just screams sadomasochist.

bwhaaa??

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Has anyone noticed that "S&M" is both the acronym for the latest pokemon title and the acronym for a sexual relationship preference?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Rotom wash jerks his hog in battle and doesn't even care

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cool shorts

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Senerio posted:

They're funny and easy to watch.

they weren't that funny

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Lord of Hats posted:

I wonder how magnemite would be as a pet. I mean, obviously they're adorable, but in a tactile sense what would it be like having a metal pet? Would giving your magnemite a good polish be as satisfying as petting a cat?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What's a tryhard?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Theta Zero posted:

Somebody who wins at a game against you.

So a population of zero? Bam.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's weird that the pikachu doesn't say it's name since the one in the games does now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah but animals don't like, say the onomatopoeias for their various sounds. dogs don't say "bao" when they bark

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That's incorrect, and also Luso is badass.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ka0 posted:

Luso Clemens is the coolest chap.

He's cool as hell.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

notoriousman posted:

The only Pokémon I'd consider "overdesigned" would be Mega Sharpedo, and that's more needlessly busy more than anything.

To go in the opposite direction, which Pokémon do you wish had more elements to their design? I want to like Beartic, but he's criminally bland for my taste.

Charizard.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wouldn't say that's overdesigned. It's a horrible design, it looks terrible and whoever decided it should be included needs to get fired immediately if they haven't gotten fired yet, but it isn't because it's overdesigned, just because it's bad and it saddens me that something as great as Rhydon becomes that.

It means Rhydon can use Eviolite, so consider it a buff to a mon you like

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blaze Dragon posted:

On the other hand, it means that if it ever gets a Mega, it goes to Rhyperior instead of a cooler Rhydon, and it almost definitely means we aren't getting Alolan variations of the Rhyhorn line since those are for Gen 1 only and now there's a pesky Gen 4 design at the end. And it isn't even good!

Also all the Electabuzz line is awesome. Wish I could say the same for Magmar.

ok in that hypothetical future which may not ever happen that'd stink, but in this reality which we all inhabit it was a buff to a pokemon you like

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HopperUK posted:

Who is everyone's favourite unevolved pokemon, not in terms of usability, just in terms of how excellent they are?

hippopotas, because he's viable in lower tiers

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

have you met my friend rocky helmet garchomp

to be fair most of the stuff you're switching bulky chomp into are things like 40 or 70 bp moves like fake out or uturn

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh hell yes it's my boy rugby monkey

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm in complete disbelief that people don't like the evil dog evo after seeing it in motion. People have seriously been afflicted by the idea of Internet fanbases.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Unlucky7 posted:

Man, on the one hand I was set on Moon for the 12 hour offset thing (I have a 9 to 5 job and a commute, and I kinda hate playing in nighttime settings). On the other, some of these exclusives (Musciqto, Passimian) are making it real hard.

I wonder how many nerds shat themselves laughing over naming their Orangurus 'Harambe'
I'm doing the thing from the 2cat meme irl as I type this, thinkin bout the dead ape and naming things after him

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eddie Whitson posted:

drat, I was hoping for a fighting Eevee, so I could call it Vickeon.

*rubs bridge of nose, clearly frustrated*

For the last time, the Fighting-type Eevee evolution will be named Takemeon. This isn't hard, people.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FishBulb posted:

You're a monster

Yeah, he forgot typing and abilities.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Comp play 👍👏

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
One time I yelled "Return!" and Lycanroc turned to me and said, "what if someone just stood in the middle of Celedon City and yelled 'return'? Maybe the Passimians in suits would forget their routine of going to Silph Co." My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to win a Coolness contest, or was the Coolness something that's been in him all along?

Sometimes I would go to look at one of the Pokeballs, and I noticed Lycanroc had put something in the ball. It was stuff like "what if Pokeballs were slavery? Would you battle a slave owner?" and "Fight. Bag. Insanity." I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to train.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waffles Inc. posted:

Is there a lot of crossover? Like would the best Showdown or Smogon players roll over a VGC or do the different rule sets impact the meta to such a big degree that things have to be unlearned?

I'm just fascinated by how deep and old the online battle communities are and how much orthodoxy there is and the impact that the vgc scene is having on it

iirc someone here said that the nugget brigade people (the largest online VGC group) sometimes play with smogon people and just, like, aren't that great comparatively. but that's secondhand knowledge so it might be meaningless.

the reason people play different metagames is because that's what they enjoy. there's basically zero money in pokemon so people who play do it because they enjoy playing the thing. it's why people play non-esports comp games. it's like asking why people play old street fighter games rather than the most recent one

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Funky Valentine posted:

lol at the people who didn't put over a hundred hours in both Colosseum and XD and therefore have a deep understanding and respect for Double Battling.

the only important thing from XD was the move tutor that taught mewtwo self-destruct.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

alcharagia posted:

Kill Megamence! Kill Megamence!!

don't worry, Ice/Steel Sandslash resists all of Salamence's STAB so we're in the clear

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
mega greninja

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
mega greninja gets a new ability which uses Tailwind every time it switches in, and also it keeps Protean