Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
My first run through X my team was Delphox, Vivillion, Heliolisk, Dragalgae, Gourgeist, and Aurorus. I loved them, they were a v. good team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Blaze Dragon posted:

I get you. I started a Black Nuzlocke two days ago just to do something Pokemon-wise, and that's the only gen I haven't Nuzlocked yet.

I'm feeling this way too, I started jonesing the other day so I picked up my copy of X and did the Looker missions and now I feel empty again. Is there anything else to do after that in X/Y? Or should I just start a new game and go around again before Sun/Moon?

:fake edit: I'm the weirdo that gets far too attached to my fake Pokémon buddies so I downloaded Pokémon Bank so I could keep them with me when I start a new game.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I did the thing.

The Elite Four battles weren't as hard as I was expecting, but I was desperately healing up fainted Pokémon to finish up on Kukui. Now I reckon I gotta dig in to all of this Ultra Beast nonsense, and fill out the dex.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
So I skipped gen4 when it came out, and I'm thinking of ebaying an old cartridge and playing through it for completion's sake. Should I get Pearl, or just go ahead and get Platinum? Like, is it significantly different, like how B2W2 had totally new storylines? Or is it essentially the same game?

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Solumin posted:

I'm playing Platinum for the first time and it reminds me why I don't want HMs to come back. Having to design my team around having a flying and water type of frustrating, especially given the Pokemon selection in that gen.

Oh hey, I'm playing Platinum for the first time too, and had a similar sinking feeling when I remembered you can only use TMs once.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Solumin posted:

God, extremely this. I was hoping to find an action replay code or something to make them infinite use. No such luck.

Re: HMs, I've been dropping all of mine onto my Bibarel to keep em from clogging up the rest of my team and it's worked pretty well so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Ignite Memories posted:

It is extremely important that everyone tell me their favorite stage-1 pokemon

*straightens tie, leans unbearably close to microphone*

S A N D S H R E W