Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Been there, done that, still have a 6 gallon can of disgusting first-morning-piss colored gas in my garage because what the gently caress do you do with it?

We thought about sticking it in a metal bucket and burning it off but after a small scale experiment in a tin can realized that would have been an astronomically stupid idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Kaptainballistik posted:

So why didn't you do it?

Just sayin....

We watched a few ounces burn in the coffee can for 15 minutes before we finally got bored and stuck a license plate over the top to quench it. Neither of us wanted to sit around and babysit a loving 4 gallon gasoline fire on a windy evening.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Now that someone else did the final digging at your loving jaw, do we need to get you a cone around your neck so you don't scratch out the stitches?

Seriously though, glad you got that poo poo taken care of.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14", BLACK WIDOWS HAVE BEEN FOUND UNDER MY CAR IN THE GARAGE.

PLEASE ADVISE, SHOULD I CALL IN THE AIRSTRIKE?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Though with his incendiary inclinations, Trashcan Man may be a better analogy.

You just know that some day he's gonna post a picture of him sitting on a little electric cart, smugly smoking a cigarette with a B83 loaded into the back of the cart.

Edit: "Got a great deal on craigslist, but it started leaking tritium on the way home"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

As for busted rear end toes, when I had a toenail trying to go ingrown on me and going bad, I just soaked it in epsom salt and constantly hosed it down with iodine.

Yeah it looks like some of 14's toenails have gone right past "ingrown" all the way to "AWOL" but when I had an ingrown big toenail I soaked it in epsom salt which helped a bit. Weirdly, what really seemed to fix it was when I accidentally smacked the toe against the faucet of the tub as I got in the shower, and a huge lump of hosed up skin and flesh tore off, and after the bleeding stopped everything was pretty much normal.

These days I've very careful when I trim my toenails. I try to make it flat across the top (this means leaving more nail on the sides) and I dig around to make extra sure I don't have a little "spike" of nail material left hidden at the edge of the nail, that poo poo will dig right into your flesh and BOOM infection.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

triple clutcher posted:

I always wondered how many women from the Internet could fit in a 1975 Honda Civic.

Depends what part of the Internet. Tumblr/Livejournal? Possibly not even one.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I've had M-150, its biggest sin was that it's not carbonated, so it tastes sort of like... energy drink syrup or something.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

QuarkMartial posted:

I have a dumb question: why rotella?

At least when I was the parts guy I recommended fs antifreeze when people replaced thermostats and radiators.

Rotella T is really popular among owners of cars build before leaded gasoline. I used it in the Studebaker too.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey guys look what I found out in the field here!

Can you load that up in the truck and drop it off in Albuquerque on your way home? Thanks.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

MrYenko posted:

14 INCH showing up on an episode of Roadkill would be the single greatest thing to ever happen in this hosed-up version of reality.

IMO just send a message to Freiburger summarizing the situation and tell him to get 14" and a camera crew to Nebraska for some guaranteed gold

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The Drivin' Dude

quote:

There was a dark hilarity in his face, and perhaps in his jeep, too, you would think—and you would be right. It was the jeep of a happy man, a jeep that radiated a horrible handsome warmth, a jeep to make water glasses shatter in the hands of tired truck-stop waitresses, to make small children crash their trikes into board fences and then run wailing to their mommies with stake-shaped splinters sticking out of their knees.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

MrKatharsis posted:

spark plug checks should be as regular as fill ups by this point.

Back in high school one of my friends used to ride his enduro bike around the irrigation roads before we got our driver's licenses... he had to carry a little brush and a couple spare plugs at all times because it would foul a plug pretty much every time he started it. He'd just unscrew it and scrub it a bit, then be on his way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

angryrobots posted:

Ok, guys.

Dave is asking for ideas about how to get access to the money already in his bank account. There is no Bank of America in the state. Currently he is trying to contact his bank to see if they can mail him a new debit card.

This would solve a lot of the logistics of getting funds to Dave in the field, but still need to have a plan about how we would get funds into his bank account should that be necessary, in the quickest way with the least charges.

I would suggest also having a backup plan, maybe sending an already activated reloadable card mailed to him?

This is where he/I/we all need help in the form of suggestions. The closest Wal-Mart is 2.5 hrs away. There are local banks in Valentine. Dave has 1 hr of internet access at the local library per day (that's where he read the thread and posted earlier today). The jeep has 1/4 tank fuel but...

Open an account at a local bank and use the BoA website to do a wire transfer into the new account? Lotta small banks have free accounts.

• Locked thread