Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ground Floor

":f5:" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

steady posted:

Pubic hair with bat wings? Yeah, that looks about on par for Inchie.

Cthulhu

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Are you suggesting...automotive sanity?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's literally twice what I make in Phoenix, but to be fair, when I work 60 hours (every week), I get paid for 60 hours.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo it's viggen

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I think you have a bad rash, like athlete's foot. It's a legitimately bad thing. Tried any powders?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And it has the craziest oil separator setup because on aircooled you're going to get a fuckton blowby and valve leakage because of the inherent design.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

knowing my mom would be destroyed if I Kurt Cobained.

:respek:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
There were basic computers in WWII. Super basic, like Bombas, but still. Programmable and modifiable, even, so when people like Alan Turing were having a difficult time decrypting the Enigma machine, they could "program" the system to look for common phrases like "Heil Hitler" to speed up decryption.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Drink water

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I've done 85 in the beetle, but that requires a slope and a tail wind.

70-75 every day to work, though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I had a filipino mate in AIT for nearly a year and his mom kept sending us Boy Bawang and I noshed on that poo poo in secret for like six months.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Social stigmata :black101:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Phineas Gage'd!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Civic beat the Camaro for the Adventure Roadtrip to a Field, to Die of Gangrene (or: ARFDoG).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Allegedly Rotella used to have higher zinc content for those of us with flat tappets. I think the amount has reduced in recent years, but it's also a generally really good oil for cheap. Between $13-17/bottle, and it comes in weights at both extremes of the scale (for in-store purchases). I buy 20/50 for my bus, 10-30 for the beetle, and 5-30 for the CRV, all for less than $50. And since it's "for diesel" engines, I think there's supposed to be less breakdown with heat, but I haven't read any hard evidence for that.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
8.89" disc. My bus has 10.7, but smaller pads.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
More like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SwlMohRng

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

That was easily the loudest, hardest, and fastest I have ever seen the coffee shop window that faces into the yard next to the porch get slammed shut.

Because you had the stereo up and it starts with a loud, piercing shriek? Or because you recoiled in horror so hard from the bad joke that you fell over and hit the ground, and they thought that maybe you had finally OD'd (on whatever they mentally think you do) and that closing the windows gave them plausible deniability?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Gambler's Fallacy

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

loving bitch rear end pussy of a storm of the century gets scared back off the coast by some loving retarded neanderthal with a grinder aimed at his nutsack lol

But Al Roker is on the east coast?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't see "coke"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You remember that Bolivia Top Gear special where all of their cars had terrible problems and poo poo but it was the backup car, a beetle, that made it through unimpeded? Also, cam gears instead of a belt broseph.

I mean, you're the ACVW whisperer, so I have absolutely no right to talk. But this is a piece of rubber in an engine. Does rubber belong in an engine?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You did Shasta? :allears:

That's my pipe dream

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

That's amazing. I know even a few years ago buses weren't worth anything like what they are today (gently caress Barrett Jackson) but even then that's a lot of poo poo. I saw a little bit of footage on The Bus Movie (documentary, came out in 2014 or 15 I think) about Shasta and it looked completely INSANE, and I've seen the Rusty Bus or whatever in person a few years ago here in Phoenix.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
D...don't.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I mean, we all enjoy a cardboard of franzia every now and again, but.

What about the no start issue?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's why it's an issue and not a checklist item

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought the civic was functional. Bus?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

How much would the tax actually be, on a $2600 valuation? like $50?

Isn't Washington 9%?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:yayclod:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:fap:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Also, that's pretty classy, and a legendary photo.

Goonspeed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Once again, it is our job to finish what the flyboys started. We are leaving this city's cover, and engaging the jackboots on solid ground. When we meet the enemy, we will rip their skulls from their spines, and toss 'em away, laughin'!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

this is my desktop now

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Stuck where? I've got family in Lewiston, and through a few awkward phone calls, we could figure out something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Wrar posted:

The life lesson is to always have one reliable vehicle I guess.

...gently caress.

• Locked thread