Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Ok, I'm pretty desensitized to a lot thanks to the internet, but that post made we wince and back away from my laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Have you never seen teeth before?

Well bloody molars that have holes in them are not my idea of a good time... 14 really hosed up his meth mouth and that makes me sad. Matter of fact this reminds me I have a dental check up in 10 days and yet again they are going to hound me about my lack of flossing...

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

:wink:

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Are the tabs current? If so I'd just put it on your insurance over the phone then head out with your bill of sale and clean up the paperwork when if you return. Based on every episode of COPS I've seen that's SOP right? "I just bought this car officer..."

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

This is all going down in Valentine, Nebraska

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

$25 here.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I think I speak for all of us, When you get there and return maybe us collective can soothe your friend and restore your relationship so the AMX and Causemaro are returned to your care. But more important your friendship restored.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I've been pulling the weather forecasts for the rest of his trip to Valentine and to be honest it doesn't look that bad. If he's beyond Missoula as was posted a number of hours ago pulling the long haul should put him there in the morning (hopefully). Ride shiny and chrome, Dave!

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I'm going to call the plot twist to this whole tale already. 14 completes the work on Sims's truck and makes it to Florida where a non running BiTurbo appears. 14 gets it running drives non stop from the east coast back to the PNW in it. The ACVW Fastback that Sims found in the field is the Macguffin of the plot where 14 decides whether to go back to the beginning or press on and abandon the past forever. Requiem Jeep ends in the Smithsonian for some reason or with Kastein for the sequel or spinoff television show. Credits roll..

Panaflex fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 2, 2016

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I think the WXGA+ panels for the D620 will go into a 630. I have a NIB one from Dell I'd donate.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

MrKatharsis posted:

spark plug checks should be as regular as fill ups by this point.

77 miles to Valentine. He can do this.. or he's at least within rescuing distance.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I think I understand Kastein's logic. 14 ended up stumbling on the most appropriate vehicle to bring himself to Valhalla. Well done, all!

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Wow, I had no idea there were areas of the USA that Bank of America *didn't* operate. Color me surprised.

After thinking about this for a little bit the only options I can think of in no certain order of safety vs efficiency:

*B of A mails 14 a replacement debit card. The rest of us send money to a point of contact who deposits the funds into 14's B of A account.

*14 opens or upgrades an existing paypal account to a business account so he can get a paypal debit/mastercard and receive funds directly.

* Someone collects paypal payments, takes it out in cash and sends the cash to 14 in a well concealed manner (maybe even a lockable pelican case like the studios use to send hard drives to theaters)

* See if there are any local credit unions 14 can open up in his name. Someone else with a credit union account (myself/I'd volunteer) could collect paypal payments, withdraw into a CU account and transfer to 14's newly minted account.

*Same concept with opening up an account with a local non CU bank and 14 set up a wire transfer between his BofA account and the new account.

*Reloadable money card as previously suggested.

*Western Union. The Pilot truck stop in Murdo is an agent location.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I'm confused. Do we have an address where 14 is? (I assume djdanno's address?)
As far as I know Everdave and angryrobots were the current points of contacts...
(I sent a laptop screen to Everdave today for use to refurbish a laptop to send to 14....)

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Sent the remaining balance of my paypal to angryrobots. More to come if some of my ancient cameras sell on ebay.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Oh no! and what was on fire?!

(edit: no the Jeep must not burn down!)

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

I was being facetious when I said don't burn down the jeep. Now it is fully engulfed.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

djdanno13 posted:

Um apparently there is a fire at my house with the fire department on the way and I'm still 20 minutes away.

Honest question, did you expect anything less....wait maybe that's not a good question. Glad everyone and everything else is ok. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

So Leonard Cohen died yesterday, then Robert Vaughn, and now 14 inch's Jeep. That's the trifecta!

• Locked thread