Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005
How many pairs of boots does one vagabond need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Those some nice crimps tho

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Beach Bum posted:

"Dude." indeed.

What is it? Other than rad as gently caress, I mean.

Just a muthafuckin' BMW powered RV you can fit in a normal
Garage and get 20+ mpg that's all

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

What's that in the background?

Looks like a Volvo Amazon

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

Ken helping you fix your electrical gremlins?

Or is helping on the Gremlin's electricals?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That is called meth and let's stay away from that poo poo

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

They say the Lord doesn't give you anything you can't handle.

Which pretty serendipitously doubles as a follow up to the previously mentioned half box of Franzia He saw fit to reward me with out there by the 711 dumpster.

I mean it would be a waste NOT to drink it

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Get on the road son!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

Hey guys look what I found out in the field here!

IT HAS BEEN FORETOLD

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just looked up Seattle to Omaha (only Nebraska town I can think of) and leaving tomorrow that trip is $208. We can cover this right? We gotta get 14 on the road I got the first $25

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So wait, what's your friend's problem?

Never underestimate pettiness. Seriously how do we get 14 funds and on the way our time is passing us by. I donated before ready again this has to happen. I am sorry 14 but your fleet is not taking you to Valhalla. But a big rear end bus might! Let's do this

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Check back in 14. If the Jeep is a no go let us know the details and we will get you a bus ticket. Let's do this.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Jesus man your luck. Do you have PayPal would that help you any? If you have any funds Walgreens usually has prepaid smartphones as little as $20 I pick one up now and again when my wife breaks her iPhone for the 700th time. You would need a SIM to avoid a new plan though. Of course they all work on WIFI without SIM. Let me know about PayPal.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

OxMan posted:

So hey update

"tell thread serious fire risk and repairs needed to get anywhere tell thread my number i posted now working and i need gas money or im stuck here averaging 7 to 9 mpg and blow by puking 1.5qt oil per 100 miles"

Welpppp

How can we get you gas money?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Guys 14 needs help money wise. He needs western union tonight to get going. I can't get out tonight with my kids but I can PayPal somebody $40 if they could go western union it to him. PayPal takes 3 days to clear for 14.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

My rent is due tomorrow so I can't spare any cash tonight or I totally would.

I can send WU in the morning 8:30 central but can't tonight. I'm waiting to hear back on details of who what where to send to

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I haven't heard back on how to send he has sent some Jeep engine bay pics and has just said he's hosed. I have no idea on how WU works I would hate to pay a bunch of fees can we pool our resources so we only pay one fee anybody who wants to chip in?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's probably the best plan then. There's Walmarts everywhere.

Yes that sounds better I will update If I hear back from 14 tonight

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
We need to convince him to hitch or beg a ride to the nearest greyhound stop. Can we buy GH tickets and have them waiting somewhere? I haven't been on one in 15 years

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Well what do we do to get him funds. How does this WalMart thing work. Ive got $40 to contribute or if there is a trustworthy long timer in here I could PayPal it to if they were going to WalMart anyways. I am about to have 6 kids under age of 7 at my house for Halloween Party so I can't go to WalMart tonight. I asked 14 last night to send me info and I could have gone this morning but never heard back.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Sent a little to angry robots let us know when he picks up funds so he may continue

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Maybe he can resurrect the truck and drive it down to my area with the fastback in the back, and towing the Jeep? I can find him a studio apartment here in TN for like $300

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

SuperDucky posted:

:ohno:

angryrobots, what's your preferred method to receive funds? I can throw you some cash, thanks for supporting our length/measurement/noun habit.

Send him paypal (info earlier in thread) he is hooking 14 up through WalMart money transfer

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Latest from 14. He sounds in good spirits. I asked him about plans for the truck with everyone leaving:

"I am cleanup crew. I stay till it lives"

"If Sims decrees it i get it to florida for him"

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The dream is still alive brothers the cop just tagged him for 90 in an 80

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
He is back on the road but reporting Jeep down one cylinder. He is going to try to make it to truck site tonight.

Quick edit: he is 17 miles from Sturgis and says he has good supply of oil and gas

everdave fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 2, 2016

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Anyone got an older smart phone we can mail to him?

I can send him a smartphone and laptop once he gets somewhere he can get a package I have told him this

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

the spyder posted:

I've also got a T series Thinkpad I can contribute to the cause.

If you want to work out sending it to me first I can max the ram, and get a new battery and inverter to send with it. Otherwise I'm gonna order a screen to fix a busted old Dell D630

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Panaflex posted:

I think the WXGA+ panels for the D620 will go into a 630. I have a NIB one from Dell I'd donate.

They will if you want to send it PM me. Though there are so many screws compared to a new laptop ha

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

..and now he has a serial port to do basic OBDII with the world. He'll end up traveling the land and helping people spend $10, rather than $1000 on their cars.

Whatever we send I will spring for a new inverter if he doesn't have one because it sounds like his plan is to live out of the Jeep while at truck site

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Does anyone have a number for Sims Jesus come on so close.

also 14 just sent me a pic of seafoam and Lucas oil stabilizer tried to post but it was breaking the layout

everdave fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 2, 2016

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

He's in Valentine
Site arrival within 15 mins

This is why something awful was formed and lowtax got his name from the town I am currently sitting in.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It's coming getting to library to type sims has to go.

Truck will be delivered to florida. I can deliver the package intact and running.

Make a list of anything you need and I will be sending you a laptop, smartphone and some other stuff with some help from other goons. Let us know

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
14 has requested some things here in the thread, and also a few things in text (like some licorice and 5 hour energy shots). I am more than happy to place a big order on Amazon since I have Prime and can have him this stuff Friday if anyone wants to pitch in. I am also going to send him a laptop and load some smokes and such up in the box with it. PM me or something anyone.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

SuperDucky posted:

14", please provide a mailing address/email/whatever so that we can finance this amazing adventure.

everdave, angryrobots, AI owes y'all a debt of gratitude.

You can PM me or AR for address I am just hesitant to post it publicly no idea if it matters. And this is what AI is for I am happy to help in any small way I can.

• Locked thread