Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
if no one shows Assault Horizon then I hope someone will at least show off the anime girl plane paintjobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Blind Sally posted:

you monster

i was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a (relatvely) new ace combat game on steam, and even more surprised when it turned out the version I bought included a bunch of dlc.

oh what a journey of discovery it was that awaited me

edit:

even I was surprised by how loving hilarious they make some of the melodramatic cut-scenes turn out.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Nanomashoes posted:

Is it weird that I've beaten this game like 10 times and don't remember this mission at all?

Nah, I don't think it's weird. It's a featureless gray cube of a mission outside of the soundtrack.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Cythereal posted:

Or if the ISAF is competent, they may have had a decoy strike going on somewhere else to attract Stonehenge's attention before this operation started.

Yeah "it was busy shooting other poo poo" would be most believable to me.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri predicted this problem, and provided the answer:

Bad'l Ron, Wakener, Morgan Polysoft posted:

'Abort, Restart, Fail?' was the phrase some Guest Commenter scrawled next to the door of the Edit Strangereal project room. And when the new recording software started working, streaming their videos on the huge cloud comp systems, we'd remind them: if you see this message, always choose 'Restart.'

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Cipher used the fat stacks of cash he made in the Belkan War to retire as a mercenary and start their dream job: video game developer. Figuring that it'd be a good idea to stick closely with what theyknows, they release a bunch of games about being a fighter pilot that do fairly well, but don't set the world on fire. Eventually a subordinate releases a game about managing idols that does extremely well for some strange reason.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 15, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Shei-kun posted:

I mean, it has the Idolmaster paint schemes. It better deliver with a loving ridiculous plotline and script.

The plotline is actually fairly conventional, all in all.

The script is...amazing.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

NobleSixFour posted:

Edit: Also, Assault Horizon campaign recordings should begin in a couple days. Is there anything in particular people want me to highlight?

Use the Idolmaster skins whenever possible so that we know you are taking this seriously. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Phy posted:

I Pulled Up Too Hard And Everything Is Blurry: Let's Play Ace Combat 5

:perfect: