Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the best Ace Combat protagonist?
This poll is closed.
Cipher 79 32.24%
Phoenix 9 3.67%
Mobius 1 84 34.29%
William Bishop--lol get out 24 9.80%
SHOOT VISARI 49 20.00%
Total: 245 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

And with that, for the moment at least, I am done. I feel awful about this, especially because Stonehenge Offensive is one of the big missions in the game that is deserving of a massive write up, but I just don't have it in me right now. This is not the final form this post will eventually assume. I will have something to say about this mission in due time. Please, watch the video, try to enjoy it, and comment upon its happenings if you feel you can. I will be here to participate in debate and discussion while the LP is on hold. I'll also be around in other LPs that I'm not explicitly running.

It might take some time, but I am not--no, we are not done yet. A trip to death's door did not stop this LP, and I'll be damned if I let Donald Trump stop it too.

Be safe everyone.

See you out there.

I don't blame you, buddy, take all the time you need. :)

Also, gently caress you, Stonehenge! You're the worst collection of rocks and/or laser cannons I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbyzgeee2mg

What's the deal?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I look forward to your LP of Ace of Combat 2007!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm a bit curious of the "V" after Ace. Is that supposed to be the letter or the Roman numeral?

Or is it supposed to be "Ace Versus Combat 7" now?

Ace Combat 7: The Phantom Plane

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shinjobi posted:

CAN YOU TAKE IT ALL AWAY

loving hell yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA&t=158s

I will never not rewatch this whenever it comes up. I obviously have not played any of the Ace Combat games but Crow has made me a fan because of awesome poo poo like Puddle of Mudd featuring in this japanese-rear end plane game.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 13, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
drat, that's a bummer. Years ago I got a ps3 for Christmas and then not even a month after opening the box the yellow light happened. It made me sad! I'm sure it can be fixed though, unlike back when the ps3 first came out and it was a mysterious and totally unfixable hellbug.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Found this pic of the enemy pilots in Arcade Mode in the artbook for AC5

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

I was going to call the AC5 thread "Donald Trump's America Simulator - Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War", but I suddenly feel the joke, no matter how funny, is suddenly gauche in light of recent (and alarmingly continuing) events :yikes:

I mean, you don't even have to do that when we all know the best title is "Let's Take It All Away in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
3 kinda aces

edit: god drat youuuu

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not the Rogue One You're Thinking Of. Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, As Foretold By The Book Of Scantlin

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zomborgon posted:

The Unsung War has a surprising amount of singing.

:eyepop: Oh poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

OddHaberdasher posted:

Could I have some context for this 'blurry' thing? Like is that an actual thing in this game?

Yes, in Ace Combat 5 yes it is! And it's the best thing ever! But we can't show you that because it's spoilers, so instead here is its first appearance.

CJacobs posted:

loving hell yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA&t=158s

I will never not rewatch this whenever it comes up. I obviously have not played any of the Ace Combat games but Crow has made me a fan because of awesome poo poo like Puddle of Mudd featuring in this japanese-rear end plane game.

edit: I mean I know I have done literally nothing but joke and gaff about it for this entire thread but this is a really good trailer

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 22, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nine-gear crow posted:

The irony of course being that that trailer has more spoilers in it than that one brief scene I showed you last week.

That's how trailers do, man, it's metanarrative at its finest!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Best Of The Wes - Let's Play Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"It's all gone... All of it... My royalties... My frickin' house..."

"They took everything I held dear."

"Last time I appeared, I put out such great superstar hits... Out of My Head... 'She F&#CKN Hates Me (Uncut)'..."

"But this time, it's different... This time, I am no one-hit wonder. I am no guitar hero..."

"This time, the light flows out and the darkness flows in... My god, everything really IS so messed up!!"

"The Demon of Razgriz has returned!!"

"It's just as the lyrics go, if I remember the tune right..."

"Can you take it all away?"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you so very much for allowing me to be a part of this strange, but real journey. I'm glad Yellow 13 was able to safely eject in time and went on to join Yellow 4 on the ground where they lived happily ever after never engaging in air travel ever again.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey man, making comedy out of tragedy is difficult. Chopper understood that, his hilarious taste in music really helped the team recover when they set the boombox up on top of his definitely closed casket funeral

edit: To connect Chopper to THIS LP, it's the same metaphor I used in one of the videos just above- nicknaming a guy who flies planes Chopper is like taming a coyote and naming it Dog. Like yeah technically a plane pilot is skilled generally in piloting aircraft, as a coyote is technically the same species and 'thing' as a dog, but I'm gonna guess the plane takes a little bit more shall we say adrenaline to steer whereas a helicopter has only ever killed celebrities and sadly others riding with them. Coyote over there doesn't just want you to die, it wants you to die so it can eat you, but a dog doesn't even understand that you are able to die because it's so much simpler minded by comparison.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You guys, crow and I are already expert choppers, I'd say we all know a thing or two about it. Now if only Deck 13 would make a game where you cut off the limbs of airplanes I'd be able to do one and have crow as a co-commentator for once.