Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Unreal Tournament is one of my favorite games of all time. Every now and then I'll play a few rounds of Instagib CTF-Coret and it's as great as it was in 1999.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

N. Senada posted:

How'd you get yours to be red? Asking for a friend...

I found an svg file of the UT logo and used some free editor to color it red.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Textured Bitchtable Protein

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Is there a chart available for how fast GBS mods burn out vs those of other mains/subs?

Why would anybody make a chart like that?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Orange Sunshine posted:

Mods can reward people? With what?

Free custom titles, with assistance from admins to upload images. Admins can additionally give people platinum/archives/no-ads.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

It made threads look stupid and was more a punishment for everybody else than for the cancer recipient.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Do you get reports from mods or do y'all handle that poo poo in the mod forum? Also, if you did get a report from a mod would you put the offender on probation even if you didn't agree as a courtesy?

If a mod reports something in YLLS, I'll probably look at it more closely than I would otherwise, but I'm not gonna probate somebody just because another mod reported them. I assume that's how everybody else does it, too.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Who's the longest-registered poster with a completely clean rap sheet?

Corollary: what's the shortest ever time between a new registration and that user's ban?

Dunno about the former, but plenty of people over the years have been banned for their first post because it was a shill, really gross, or just dumb as gently caress. Then of course there are crazy rereg spammers who seldom make it long before they're banned again.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I got a honeycrisp apple.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

kedo posted:

What percentage of the probations and bans you hand out are based on actual rule breaking vs. people acting/posting like idiots? Followup question: is there a clear distinction between the two?

Posting like an idiot is against the rules, and anybody who says "which rules?" is an idiot who shouldn't post here.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Part subjectivity, and part reports. There might be a ton of idiotic posts in YLLS threads I don't read, and thus won't see unless they're brought to my attention.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Pixelante posted:

What's the mod ruling on niche secret-santa planning? New thread, or keep it in the established megathread?

Specifically interested in running an exchange for the Fountain Pen Thread which isn't a lightning fast thread, but isn't quiet either.

New thread works better. Gets more new eyes on it than burying it in the megathread.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Julias posted:

So what is the deal with <deleted user>? Like from this post?

The only thing I could think of is relating to the last sentence in this paragraph from the SA Privacy Policy

I believe that's what banning used to be. Just Lowtax deleting the user like they're Brother Nero.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmfao the Toxxing Scandal oh nooooooo can't believe the integrity of the toxxing system has been called into question

QCS is leaking :(.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I'm WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

porkswordonboard posted:

Actually, in that vein: I know we get some "celebrities" (mostly minor internet folks, like Kate Beaton, but also folks like Deadmau5) on the forums every now and then, do you mods ever take note or adjust your modding to accommodate this? I can't imagine it would affect anything that much, just curious. Also, if anyone has memories of "famous" people on the forums and how that went, I bet that would be amusing.

Derek Smart was recently a moderator here.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Avshalom posted:

coding is like some sort of tolkien eldritch speech in that as a person masters it more, they attain a gangrenous aura and lose their humanity

Hello Avshalom.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

weak wrists big dick posted:

E: bonus question, which mod is the best at video games?

I'm probably the best at Rocket League and the worst at everything else.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Ruflux posted:

Well there's an obvious forums question. Is it still bannable to make dumb jokes about SA's frontpage and when's the last time someone was banned for that joke?

I doubt most of us care, but if Lowtax sees it then he might reflexively ban you.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Everything is chaos.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

weak wrists big dick posted:

Is there some sort of "event-log" for forums use?
For example, could you tell if someone clicked a subforum, shitposted, and didn't once click the rule thread?

:tinfoil:

No, and we don't need that kind of paper trail to probate somebody for being a shithead, anyway.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I hate you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm actually ralp.

Wrong account, FAU