Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what happened to gnarly? I thought he was a good mod but I haven't been active in GBS for ages and people were saying it broke him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pendent posted:

Does D Smart ever get approved? It would be incredibly strange to see people get banned for posting in that hellish subforum outside of a purge.
I figure that subforum has to be a honeypot like the old furry one where everyone who's posted in it will be banned at a set future date

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lowtax got an angry email from Google about inappropriate content in the Imp Zone Doom thread because someone posted a sprite of a sexy Cacodemon or something

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fudge posted:

I got some mega douche chills reading this just FYI

I'm gonna do a turd on you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ninjahedgehog posted:

Who's the longest-registered poster with a completely clean rap sheet?

there was a guy who was a member for like ten years without a single probie who proceeded to have a crazy meltdown and post in a "post here to be banned" thread because, uh, he discovered that some people like Cormac McCarthy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

wyntyr posted:

That owns super hard, got a link to that?

Honestly everyone jokes about our dead gay forums but I think the moderation is better now than it has been roughly ever. I think I originally signed up in 2001 with an account whose details are long since gone from my ancient and withered mind, but I know I stayed away from posting for a few years because I felt like the place wasn't for me any more. I can say confidently that I feel like that's changed, and it may be partially because the user base is smaller now, but it's also because of good moderation.

TNG, starts about halfway down this page https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3643994&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=100

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Avshalom posted:

who is the hairest mod
Smythe seems incredibly hairy imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

zen death robot posted:

That's why I bought a hugephone iPhone 7+ so I can use the drat browser
can you put that on expenses?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

We have a pretty standard best-practices approach to making sure SA accounts aren't linkable to real-world stuff as much as possible.
criminal records, for example. hahaha :mrgw:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That post/thread is so cathartic.
I love that the same thread has to specify that talking to each other is not illegal, although many PYF posters are still regularly brought to furious anger by the concept of having discussions instead of listing things

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

PYF is extremely goofy at times but I find that part of its charm :3:
it's been way better since you took over as mod, good work

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im a mod

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

weak wrists big dick posted:

I refuse to believe in any secret mod subforum conspiracies because it conflicts with the "every mod+admin and most posters are splits of lowtax's personality" conspiracy
that's absurd, the mods and admins post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shmorky, he hasn't been able to afford a lawyer to change the clause

• Locked thread