Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Woolie Wool posted:

Will you ever consider bringing back No Probation Day/Blood Purge?

Those things tend to work better when your forum is not already slowly dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Skoll posted:

From QCS :

Can you guys tell us more about radium's code giving you all PTSD?

Why not just bring Radium back to fix it

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Is there going to be any long-term fallout from Toxxgate in CSPAM? How much communication was there behind the scenes about that after people started getting really angry?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

zen death robot posted:

No one really seems to care as far as I can tell aside from people who crave forums drama

I mean, I don't crave it, but it was incredibly entertaining (and a bit sad) to read.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Skoll posted:

How bad would you guys consider Toxxgate to be in the line of SA scandals?

on the scale of peanuts to watermelons, I think Toxxgate is a chocolate-covered raisin.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Puppy Time posted:

What's Toxxgate and is it interesting enough to follow?

TTerrible posted:

People Toxxed that Trump wouldn't win.
He did.
D&D mod (I think?) offered to make toxxes go away for a donation to a charity.
Lowtax stepped in and reminded everyone that a Toxx is a Toxx.
Tears.

There was rather a lot more salt to it than this - Ask Romney, McCain, or Bernie toxxers, or even the Hillary toxxers in the gun forum. IMO the QCS thread is worth at least skimming.

Permatoxxes are pretty dumb in principle, fyi.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

The issue was, after the pussygrabbing tape came out people were given a chance to rescind their Trump toxx before the election in exchange for a 30 day probation. They were going to extend the same option post election to Clinton voters, but Lowtax chose to honor tradition instead.

AFTER all the toxxes were upgraded to permatoxxes on a whim.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Hey I got a great amount of pleasure reading that thread, any system that creates that level of angst gets a thumbs up from me.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

the front page of SA

I want to say it so bad....

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Quote is not edit.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Ruflux posted:

Well there's an obvious forums question. Is it still bannable to make dumb jokes about SA's frontpage and when's the last time someone was banned for that joke?
Haha, yeah. Of all places, I'm not gonna say it where I know a dozen mods/admins are gonna see it.

Shine posted:

I doubt most of us care, but if Lowtax sees it then he might reflexively ban you.
So it's a $10 gamble basically, even a mod having a bad day can still probably get a ban thrown down?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Ettin posted:

There's an offsite where folks who got banned have been complaining about it for like ten years

The tabletop version of Something Sensitive?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Grandmother of Five posted:

i just read what i thought was a really dumb & petty user report from elsewhere on the forum. you mods & admins should have a PYF thread for posting the dumbest reports, PMs and complaints in.

Complete with the 'offending post' quoted as well as the name of the goon that submitted the report.

If you're going to do it, do it right and make sure it's fun for all of us!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just made them up. Like 800 of them over a couple days. That's why some of them sucked.

I don't know about previous threads.

You made me google manime

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Lone Goat posted:

it's a portmanteau of man & anime

And a very specific niche of anime.

I know that NOW.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

By what year do you expect the forum to be dead or for the prices of the server to just become unsustainable?

Lowtax has said he sees a long term future for SA, that's why he's moving us off RadiumCode and into a new system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Scudworth posted:

The random word tags were given to anyone who donated to my butt server upgrades in 2015, which you had to have done yourself, knowingly.

Which brings up another important question: When is Lowtax going to give us our spaceship drawings :argh:

• Locked thread