Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I know that i'm really rolling the dice with this question, but here goes.

What does it look like to a poster when they login to find they're probated/banned/perma'd ?

Do bans and permas still see the clown balloon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Thanks for the glimpse into your rap sheet photo album. :3:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Skoll posted:

Can I mod the Star Citizen subforum? I think everyone who regularly posts in it has a very real and actual mental issue.

Can confirm.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Puppy Time posted:

What's Toxxgate and is it interesting enough to follow?

People Toxxed that Trump wouldn't win.
He did.
D&D mod (I think?) offered to make toxxes go away for a donation to a charity.
Lowtax stepped in and reminded everyone that a Toxx is a Toxx.
Tears.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MANime in the sheets posted:

There was rather a lot more salt to it than this - Ask Romney, McCain, or Bernie toxxers, or even the Hillary toxxers in the gun forum. IMO the QCS thread is worth at least skimming.

Permatoxxes are pretty dumb in principle, fyi.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all that. Something about cross referencing the donations/toxxes taking more time than just banning people as well. It was covered a few pages back.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
A question for the moderators, why does SA attract people with such powerful mental disturbances? That post above reads like some of Schmorkys exs stuff when she was in peak flow.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

SA built itself on a counter-counterculture designed in response to the rest of the internet. For most of its history, SA has defined itself by not being like [popular website]. This means we attract people who don't feel connected to those other sites, and some of them are extremely isolated mentally ill people like Dare.

I can see that. They don't seem to take refuge though, it seems we're ripe for being woven into dillusions as a gathering place for all those who conspire against them. Be it a paedophile ring backed by global illuminati zionists or we're all secret puppet accounts of Tribes players.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What do you have against Gary Oldman.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Skoll posted:

Didn't he pull out of that project too?

Allegedly because of the use of his image. CIG released the unedited mocap unwrap that got used in a ton of unflattering edits. Like the ones in my avatar and on the front page of SA. :v:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Is it a thread for requesting designs of appreciative tattoos or for seeking free tattoos?

Cute replacements for mod/admin stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

says you, I got a big blue star tattooed on my cheek when I got the nod.

That was supposed to end in a question mark. My typo has exposed you.

• Locked thread