Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
...but I'm not learning anything, despite having a 3.6 GPA. Is there something wrong with me? Anyone else a college adult that's making good grades but not learning poo poo all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
drop out and suck dicks for a living

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
have you considered subscribing to atheism and being enlightened by your intelligence

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Society is just vetting you to make sure you're civilized before sorting you into the place you will die in.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
leave your door open this is important!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress you.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
They don't spoonfeed you the knowledge and grades mean poo poo all. You actually have to apply yourself and learn about the things which all the graded poo poo is just forcibly introducing you to.

Yes you could do that all on your own but then you wouldn't get your license for a living wage

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Chinatown posted:

gently caress you.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
haha stupid rear end in a top hat

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
not only that, the silicon valley billionaires look down on people who finished school

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ROFLburger posted:

drop out and suck dicks for a living

you don't need to drop out but you can get some practice while getting that degree. like, just in case you know?

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

If you aren't learning how to dominate at beer pong & talk to people you want to have sex with then drop out OP.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

College started to become a rip off around 10 years ago. Sorry for your loss of money and time.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I always tell people that I learned critical thinking in college but we all know that's a load of bull.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
bust your rear end right now and get all buddy-buddy with some rich kids if you want something out of your $$$

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Stop taking gender studies classes and sign up for something real, like math. You will learn how to solve a homogenous differential equation in math class.

You are that one high school kid that spends all his time in the school toilet and then complains that he never learns anything in there.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I didn't learn anything in college, I make good money now doing something completely unrelated to what I studied in college and I use none of my college education. Of course I couldn't have gotten the job without a college degree, lol.

ruffy senpai
Feb 20, 2016

follow me on twitter
just end it now, guyz

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Most of the classes you take are so the college can make money on not teaching you anything useful while also making money with their textbook monopolies.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
You're enrolled in the University of Phoenix, so you aren't exactly "in" college, op

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

OctoberBlues posted:

I didn't learn anything in college, I make good money now doing something completely unrelated to what I studied in college and I use none of my college education. Of course I couldn't have gotten the job without a college degree, lol.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
See what ya need to do son is to take up alcoholism.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Jebediah posted:

...but I'm not learning anything, despite having a 3.6 GPA. Is there something wrong with me? Anyone else a college adult that's making good grades but not learning poo poo all?

Try to have sex with cute coeds and you won't care for a while.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

A good place to poo poo is on the uppermost floor of the library stacks.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Tomorrow's the first day of the first semester since I graduated and even though graduating got me a decent job making a living wage within like a month and a half of walking the stage I'm still kinda bummed and jealous of all my friends who are going back. College rules :(

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im gonna apply to culinary school for September 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
humanities major, huh?

also,

Pawn 17 posted:

College started to become a rip off around 10 years ago. Sorry for your loss of money and time.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Tomorrow's the first day of the first semester since I graduated and even though graduating got me a decent job making a living wage within like a month and a half of walking the stage I'm still kinda bummed and jealous of all my friends who are going back. College rules :(

Go for a Ph.D ! Graduate school provides a more elevated experience. Like college, but for sophisticated adults !

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Learn to sell drugs dumbass

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Jebediah posted:

i didnt learn a thing in college either, i was constantly afraid of everything and everyone and then i dropped out after like 5+ failed exams and became a professional mentally ill person, GOOD LUCK

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dongattack posted:

i didnt learn a thing in college either, i was constantly afraid of everything and everyone and then i dropped out after like 5+ failed exams and became a professional mentally ill person, GOOD LUCK

you graduated in goon, congratulations

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
take harder classes. "Ohh college is easy!" You're not smart, just lazy. There's always something more advanced you could be studying, if you choose.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
I majored in gender studies.

I am now 100 percent gender fluid. And poor.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You just haven't been rejected enough by being a nice guy.. once you do that you'll find euphoria

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
college is for learning about drugs op

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://vine.co/v/ih60gt5AEBx

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol do people still go to college? Lmao ok good luck paying off your student loans with a McDonald's paycheck. I'm sure that watercolor degree was well worth it

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I went to college and got an actual useful degree so if you get a degree that actually translates into a skill then congrats but if you're a philosophy major then lol @ your dumb rear end

Also 420 smoke weed every day and bang hot professors.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Volume posted:

Lol do people still go to college? Lmao ok good luck paying off your student loans with a McDonald's paycheck. I'm sure that watercolor degree was well worth it

Well actually if you were getting a McDonalds paycheck you wouldn't have to pay back your loans because you don't have to start paying them back until you get a job that is something close to the median income in your degree field. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
college breeds ivory tower liberal pussies, get out before its too late

• Locked thread