Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

If you want to learn something, read a book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Lol every person in this thread is a weapons grade noob. You should never leave college. Stay there until youre 30 years old god damnit.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
then you have cirrhosis at 40 and debt until 120

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I'm close to graduating college with a mostly useless degree and mediocre grades but at least I had a lot of free time to drink/do drugs

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Like 68% of all the 3-ways I've ever had were in college, so I agree, stay there.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
It's a community college, so just an Associates degree. I'm very happily married so I ignore hoes. I'm thinking I'll start my own endeavor once I graduate. Be my own boss. Make my own rules.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

.lnk to the past posted:

leave your door open this is important!

gently caress this guy

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Try for a 4.0.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm getting a second masters solely to get out of my student loans. My job is paying for it FYI. :smuggo:

I didn't learn anything in college and keep failing upward somehow.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kuato posted:

I'm getting a second masters solely to get out of my student loans. My job is paying for it FYI. :smuggo:

I didn't learn anything in college and keep failing upward somehow.

Probably some massive conspiracy for your profs to pass you in exchange for making them dignitaries in the upcoming femmewars. :tinfoil:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I went to college and now I fly around in private airplanes and make lots of money.

lol if you got a stupid degree. be like me OP

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm only going so that my resume looks better. Maybe then I can get one better paying job, and not 2 full-time jobs like I have now.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

MurderBot posted:

I went to college and now I fly around in private airplanes and make lots of money.

lol if you got a stupid degree. be like me OP

Noice. I would've did this in retrospect. Or went to pet grooming school or joined the Air Force or something.

I thought Brazil was ok but living the experience isn't all that good.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Suckin dick and lickin balls? :shrug:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Lol every person in this thread is a weapons grade noob. You should never leave college. Stay there until youre 30 years old god damnit.

I am 30 and in college so yeah p much

I will never leave (so long as that sweet hot tap of grant money keeps flowing my way)

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i'm 28 and i start taking more chinese classes tomorrow. poo poo is fun.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
3.6 is a bad gpa, op. sorry you're doing poo poo in school.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Protagonist posted:

I am 30 and in college so yeah p much

I will never leave (so long as that sweet hot tap of grant money keeps flowing my way)

Hey as long as you're in hormones or weapons your grant writer could send them used toilet paper in a binder. :shrug:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Hey as long as you're in hormones or weapons your grant writer could send them used toilet paper in a binder. :shrug:

energy but yeah basically

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm a graduate student and it's dumb op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Its never too early to go live at a trailer park and pump out 1d12 babies

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Colonel Cancer posted:

Its never too early to go live at a trailer park and pump out 1d12 babies

I have 1d1 kid and I'm not rolling any more dice.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol if you have kids in this day and age

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm just here to earn a degree, must concentrate on academics and staying out of trouble. If I make eye contact, smile with a grin and say hi and maybe introduce myself if the eye contact lingered. But then get the gently caress out of the conversation because sexual misconduct charges are the realest poo poo and you don't need it bro. Don't look old because that's depressing, don't try to look young because that's just pathetic. Forget about hookups until after you graduate and just do what you know: hookers in Tijuana.

Scratch that, at 33 there are some faculty in your age range who are probably waiting for you to stop by and ask if they're single (they are, idiot). You're in that dual-status quasi-taboo zone where you're student-faculty but you're grown rear end adults and know how to handle poo poo.

In fact there's one who's actually six years younger than me and looks closer to "student status" than I am so it would be this student-faculty fetish with role reversal. That's new and exciting.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 22, 2016

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Should I change my major from IT to something like....Automotive? I do love cars.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
youre intentionally trying to get into IT?

lmao

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

you're going for an associates(?) soooo none of your following choices are really of any consequence

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
hey lay off him he doesnt know anything he's in college instead of working

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I have 2 full time jobs.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

The Protagonist posted:

you're going for an associates(?) soooo none of your following choices are really of any consequence

This is interesting to me. Are you saying that a Bachelor degree will get me a more specific job? Everything I see that is of interest is minimum Associate degree but more specifically in IT. It can't be that an Associates in any major would allow for any job.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Jebediah posted:

This is interesting to me. Are you saying that a Bachelor degree will get me a more specific job? Everything I see that is of interest is minimum Associate degree but more specifically in IT. It can't be that an Associates in any major would allow for any job.

Associates is unlikely to qualify you for anything that would pay more than you'd make flipping burgers.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I just got offered a job this morning making 17/hr, so that's a start. They will pay for any certs that I'm interested in as well. At least when I graduate, my son will have no excuse not to obtain some sort of formal education given his mom and I are the only kids in both of our families to get a degree.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Take nothing but programming, engineering, and computer science classes.

Make $80k out of undergrad.

You're welcome.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Your mom went to college

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I took a $100k loan to enrolled into some totally useless bullshit class in college and now I'm unemployed and in debt and I sniff my own farts, college must be a total scam. Help me Obama, Hillary :qq:

^^^ a typical goon, as portrays by me

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i definitely just skipped my first day back and am tired of being a career student with no point

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Take nothing but programming, engineering, and computer science classes.

Make $80k out of undergrad.

You're welcome.

except everyone is doing this now and there's a glut of those degrees just like the legal degrees a few years back

lmao hosed again by the cold hard dick of the free market

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
try taking a class about something you don't know

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The key is to get paid to go to school. I don't get why everyone doesn't do that? :???:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i started a new class today. makes me feel like im MAKING THINGS HAPPEN and not actually just a worthless shitbag.

• Locked thread