Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Transmogrifier posted:

Just want to echo the statements about Noble Skyrim. It is incredibly nice, and I actually noticed the texture changes versus a number of other mods. It's an incredibly beautiful game to look at now.

I am another convert. It's gorgeous. Anyone on the fence really should give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

y0, Noble Skyrim users: What's the performance hit like, what's your graphics card, and are you using the performance version?

Negligible hit on a 650Ti. I am using the performance version. Haven't noticed anything stuttering or slowing down. Of course I'm in Yawnstar, the boringest town.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Transmetropolitan posted:

Is there a way to fully allow keyboard controls along with gamepad?

(I have been playing a bit with both and I actually think it is better with the latter, but only if mouse/keyboard can stay on as well for hotkeys and better menu controls)

edit: what the gently caress my horse just solo'ed five bandits by itself

Your horse is actually the Dragonborn. Sorry.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Temba Wide-Arm got killed by a bear while I was up at the barrow. Got a 'quest failed' notification, came down and it had killed her and Klimmek and been taken out by a guard. How did the bears find out what she was doing?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

graynull posted:

Temba tried to warn us, but we all called her a bitch and wouldn't listen.

I've had more than one game where she gets assassinated by a lone bear. That bear is a goddamn hero of his people.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

So I was bored at work the other night, and amazingly the nexus isn't blocked on work computers, so I spent my copious downtime looking through the first hundred pages of the most endorsed mods of all time on the SSE nexus, and I found some gems I hadn't known about (or had forgotten), and I figured I'd share them with you folks!

Rougeshot's Mods: So this person has spent a while subtly reshaping the skeletons of a good majority of the creatures in Skyrim, for an almost universally improved appearance (the only ones I don't like are the atronachs he did.) They seem pretty compatible with almost everything too. Also, he seems to have done this by reshaping the skeleton/rigging of the creatures, so it works with custom models that use the same skeletons.

SSE Character Specular Lighting Fix: Apparently the shaders have been broken for a while and weren't applying light properly. I've noticed a lot of NPCs seemed more poorly lit in SE, but this fixes it.

The High Poly Project: A complementary mod to SMIM, this mod improves the meshes of some things SMIM missed.

SSE Engine Fixes: Fixes a bunch of little bugs.

Thanks for these! Gonna try them out.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

On the other hand, I'm pretty glad that Bethesda made the fantasy white supremacist/outright fascist faction transparently horrible.

I'm torn, because I do like that, but on the other hand if they'd waited a bit longer to reveal it, it might have felt more relevant. As it is I could never go Stormcloak because they are very obviously fuckin Nazis.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

If you don't have a lot of experience with the Elder Scrolls (before playing Skyrim, I didn't!), then the opening sequence powerfully taps into the American pop culture common sense of "empires = evil, plucky underdog rebels = good" a

That's fascinating and a really good point. Maybe I'm more tragically English than I even knew.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

edit: got the mod order all set up, time to play "hunt the crash" - so far it's the same problem I was having with Enderal, I get in-game just fine and then my entire computer freezes/I get a screeching sound that is like it's trying to play the same noise over and over

When this was my PC doing it, it turned out to be the hard drive failing, so make sure you check all your bits and pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

As much as I am embarrassed to admit it. I am still new to this and don't fully understand load order. I know it's more complicated than this, but, if you want something to override something else do you want it to load before or after the other mod?

For example, Say I am running 2020 textures but I hate how it makes rocks and mountains look. So I add a rocks and mountains mod, I do the suggested load order and the rocks and mountains have changed but all of the other HD textures are gone. What have I done wrong that makes it so it totally nullifies the texture mod instead of just re-skinning the mountains and rocks? I guess TLDR I don't really get how it works. Sorry for such a noob question.

You want to load the rocks and mountains after the original. The game loads the mods in order as you go down. No idea what your particular conflict is about though, sorry, I haven't changed my mods for months just in case the house of cards falls down.