Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

VostokProgram posted:

Why hasn't anyone made a de-arthmoorized version of the unofficial patch

I don't know what that would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Twincityhacker posted:

Is there a good setting for Immersive Creatures? That is probably my biggest regret re: mod choices for this run, as I had no idea what is considered "highly immersive" for that mod - wooly rhinos are neat, minotaur lords less so.

You should be able to turn off different creatures via its MCM options. Minotaurs are in official Elderscrolls lore though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

GunnerJ posted:

Wasn't Oblivion's setting supposed to be a weird jungle In The Lore, but they went with ye olde Euro land for marketing reasons or

Yeah, pre Oblivion all in game lore on Cyrodil stated it was a jungle province with a tropical climate. Another thing I loved about Morrowind and I don't really know of any other game that does this, but aside from bread and rats all the food, flora and fauna were completely alien. You get harassed by nix hounds and alits instead of wolves and bears while wandering the country side, etc.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FishMcCool posted:

Someone was clearly using the NO CLIFF RACERS mod.

Oh you absolutely get harassed by those too, it's just there isn't a Skyrim analog that fit the metaphor. (Not having an equivalent to Cliff Racers in any of their subsequent games is probably the best design decision Bethesda ever made post Morrowind)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't think they can in vanilla.

They absolutely can in vanilla, to the point there's mods made to make NPCs flee to their homes so they don't die.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

don't ask chat GPT for modding advice, or any advice at all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

Finally putting together your own personal modlist, troubleshooting it until everything works, finally starting a new game and then immediately getting launched into the stratosphere with the intro cart due to physics bugs that happen only in this particular instance, is a proud Skyrim tradition and everyone should experience it at least once. :colbert:

I can't imagine going through putting together an in depth mod list and not using an alternate start mod.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Okay, were you using a mod pack designed gamepads or did you build the list yourself?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BigRoman posted:

So I decided to reinstall SE and finally try finishing this game, which led me to try out installing one of these huge graphical overhaul multipacks. I couldn't get my first choice to work via wabbajack/mo2, so I went with my second choice using the vortex "collections" method. It actually worked and looks a little nicer, but the author included mods to make all of the female companions/potential spouses look prettier (no guys though lol). And yeah, they are prettier, but this guy definitely had a type, and they all look they they're related and just had their hair done at the salon. I tried disabling the mods in question, but since it's vortex, they've all been permanently hit with the instagram model stick.

I also can't prove it, but I think it made all the redguards in the game have a lighter complexion.

I guess the moral of the story is if you want to download a curated list of 100's of mods mods, take a look at the underlying files and ask yourself if it wouldn't be easier to just download some texture swaps and ENBs instead of having 4k mountain rocks. Or don't use vortex.

I'm off to reinstall this game.

Almost every single graphic overhaul wabbajack I've used made both Redguards and Dunmer lighter skinned, and straightened all the Redguard hair.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I sorta wonder why Nexus bothered to develop their own system, you basically need a premium account with Nexus to use any Wabbajack list to begin with. Like technically you don't, but you have to click yes a bazillion times and most lists include giant texture packs that would be insane to download at whatever the non premium speed is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Skin color is a color overlay on the base skin texture. If a modded skin texture is brighter or darker than the default skin texture, you'll get that color issue with Redguards and Dunmer.

Combined with the straightened hair I'm not entirely willing to believe it's just an accident when it comes to Redguards.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OP either uses their real name and its an amazing coincidence or they named themselves after a fairly famous Black boxer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

most hair mods just come from older sims ports so they are trash. Use HG hairs like a normal person if you want more afro-textured hairs.

I know about those, there's ones that straight up (no pun intended) replace Redguard hair with very high quality, straightened versions of it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's a wood elf who's name I can't remember at the moment, decent amount of dialogue, maybe has a romance but you don't have to do it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm not a huge fan of Lucien because he becomes better at things based on what I do as a player, and ideally a companion should be doing something I can't already do. Like, if I'm playing a two hander that smacks people on the face with a giant sword, I want him hanging back and shooting out fireballs or healing me, but if I'm shooting spells at people from the distance I want him running interference, but that's not how it works. He's designed to be a copy of you and not a complement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

Counterpoint- Most of her dialogue and quests are actually well written and her acting is much better than a lot of other custom voice followers.

I think this is partially true, you can teach him stuff that you are good at but he also learns stuff on his own and you can tell him how you want him to fight.

To answer the original question, both Lucien and Auri are older mods. I haven't played them myself but two newer followers that I intend to try next time I ever make a new list would be Gore & Xelzaz, I've heard a lot of good things about both of them.

Lucien learns poo poo on his own super loving slow, especially if you want him to be a spellcaster and you aren't.