Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BurritoJustice posted:

Oldrim.

It's definitely something from my load order, because running vanilla + enb (basically base MO profile) doesn't exhibit the issue. It's weird as gently caress.

Disable half your mods and see if it still happens, use process of elimination from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're on SPecial Edition, I don't think anybody else has ported them to SE, but I made a combined version for SE.

Is there a mod to skip through all the dialog and poo poo when you first meet the greybeards? I find that more annoying on repeated playthroughs then going up the 7,000 steps (plus you could always coc straight to the top anyways).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You could do the quick save and quick load trick that speedrunners use.

I need to know this trick.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just sorta assume they mean they don't want mods that include nudity or loving.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

What are the big mods that still don't have a Special Edition port?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My issue with the greybeards is less the bazillion steps you have to walk up and more the bullshit you have to deal with once you get up there, is there a mod that lets you skip that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Why would you play Oblivion?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

As much as I steer right the gently caress away from them sex mods are unironically a big part of the modding scene.

But yeah people who like their characters getting raped might be are certainly a bit hosed in the head.

They're an important part too, because they probably spend more time than anyone on messing around with animations and scripting so they know a lot. Plus Better Bodies for Morrowind absolutely wouldn't exist without them. I just saw that Sloff is still uploading stuff to the Nexus as recent as November.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

I like that "brutally dismember humanoid enemies in fountain of gore" is somehow supposed to be less disturbing and more acceptable than "make boobs jiggle".

That's pretty consistent with the rest of American media. There's an episode of Hannibal with a naked corpse and the network said you could see too much buttcrack so they digitally added more blood. There's another episode where you see a guy cut off and eat pieces of his own face, but no, can't show butt crack, we'll get angry letters if someone's kid happens to see that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, I thought that too but apparently he went off on some crazy anti-feminist rant about how the penis is sacred or something. It was Zardoz level poo poo.

:yikes:

That's the opposite of Zardoz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOROvO2fxTc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, you can actually make a .txt file with all the console commands to give yourself the words and souls you want and skip to the next stage in the main quest... y'know what, gently caress it. Here you go:

code:
player.teachword 13f39
player.teachword 2f7be
player.modav DragonSouls 2
setstage mq105 140
Paste that into a .txt file, call it skiptraining.txt (or whatever) and put it in your Skyrim\Data folder. As soon as The Way of the Voice starts, run
code:
bat skiptraining
in the console. Now when you arrive at High Hrothgar all you have to do is head to the courtyard and talk to Arngeir who will give the end of his spiel and send you off to Ustengrav. You'll have to go into the usual menu to use dragon souls to learn the shouts.

(Haven't tested this yet but unless I hosed up any of the values I'm 97% sure it will work. Make a fresh save first of course.)

Oh god, that's everything I've ever wanted. Are the codes the same for oldrim and SE?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Addamere posted:

Nightblade was always my favourite class in Morrowind and Oblivion, and even when I made a custom class to minmax the starting attributes or efficient leveling I'd end up with something very similar to one. I've gone out of my way in Skyrim to avoid the stealth playstyle in the past, opting instead for either 2H or 1H/shield. But I'm up for giving it a shot this time around. What is the suggested build for a Nightblade-style character, and what mods might I want to really showoff and augment the playstyle?

Apocalypse spells goes well with an illusion focus.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Midig posted:

About drat time that the Nexus fixed their poo poo. Granted, the "Sassy teens" mod a couple of weeks ago got banned pretty fast, but it still (to my horror) reached the front page first...

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/aipbj4/newish_guidelines_for_content_related_to_child/

I'm glad they explicitly said "no, it doesn't loving matter if it's a millenia old vampire that just looks like a prepubescent child, you still have to keep its clothes on."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

It's actually a good question since the gamer demographics are much more balanced across genders than the stereotypes say. You'd think there would be a lot of sexy dude overhauls for the horny straight women out there.

Sloff is still an active modder I think.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Does the Switch version have access to mods?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Enderal is on Steam now. You need Oldrim installed when you install it (it uses a lot of textures nd models and legally can't include them in it's download), but can uninstall afterwords. I'm probably going to wait a day or two to make sure a couple mods work (specifically the mod that lets you wait anywhere. Enderal only lets you heal by resting in a bed or eating food, which is fine, but it also doesn't let you wait without healing, which is annoying when you just want to visit a store and it's late at night).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah,if you are giving access in exchange for donations that's basically charging for a mod. I assumed they had a patreon but it didn't give you early access to the mod or anything, just, like, a special chat room or something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I'm looking for mods that just make the game... better. Adding things that should have always been there, refining systems that exist, fixing bugs and removing stupidity, etc. I don't really like adding wholesale new stuff though.
code:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
sandboxcylinderheight.esp
DisableCinematicKills.esp
HearthFire Display Case Fix.esp
High Level Enemies.esp
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
InstantMining.esp
Less Tedious Thieves Guild.esp
Player Blink Fix.esp
Unleveled_Items.esp
Bring Out Your Dead.esp
House Map Markers Legendary.esp
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
Anything else I should add to this incredibly meager modlist? Is Dawnguard Map Markers solid?

Might be beyond the scope of what you're looking for, but either Ordinator or SPERG make the perk system better by making perks more interesting instead of needing to use half your perks on boring "does slightly more damage" or "sneaking works slightly better" perks.

Oh, and one of the map mods that shows roads.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

For SPERG you also need to also use the leveling adjuster so you only get Perks every other level.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Is there any way to make SkyUI not make the menu always open on 'Quests'? I've finally managed to tinker it to a good place but for some reason it removes the vanilla game's Quests/General Stats/System menu memory.

I've never noticed it doing that. You're hitting esc not the "j" key, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm, uh, using a controller :blush:
I'm using SkyUI in conjunction with Hide SkyUI (I checked that it is exclusively SkyUI causing this issue, though) because I like MCM and the buff HUD, but I just can't get comfortable playing Skyrim with KB+M. From what I can understand it seems to have bound Start to Quests rather than Menu but I can't figure out how to change or subvert that in any way. The in-game options don't help/aren't relevant and there doesn't seem to be any sort of .ini for SkyUI.

No idea then. Maybe see if you can configured it in the base Skyrim.ini? Do you know if it was working properly without skyui?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lechtansi posted:

These are good suggestions thanks. I do have the SE edition, so I’ll start by looking for mods compatible with it.

the nexus sites are different if you're running SE or Oldrim, so as long as the first bit of the url is https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition you're fine, and the most popular mods that exist for both usually have a link to the special edition if you end up on the wrong one.

(I remember when it was just the elder scrolls nexus and both morrowind and oblivion mods were mixed together there).

I would honestly recommend playing a bit without any mods first, just to get a feel for what you want to change. Like, Apocalypse Magic is almost mandatory if you're going to be a mage character, but pointless if you aren't going to cast anything besides a couple buffs for your sword and boarder.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Yeah, that's probably it, I got the original game in 2012 and all the DLC on the same day in 2014 (so I'm guessing there was a three-in-one pack or something?).

If you don't have the expansions you should probably plunk down for the SE anyways, most of the big mods require the expansions

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I still use oldrim because I play on an old lovely computer that won't run SE, but I'm curious what important mods still haven't been ported.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mangoose posted:

I'm a vanilla person and unless I have to fix something in the game I generally don't install mods. I had literally 0 problems with oldrim on my old rig. It's all this new-fangled hardware messing things up :bahgawd:

This would've been an exception to the lazy no-modding rule because I didn't really want to pay again for a game I already bought just to get some loving god rays.

Anyway, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm missing every DLC except Hearthfire I'd probably put more time into "fixing" the old version, but if there's a greater chance of official support (or at least better compatibility) for SE I'd rather buy that.

The Dragonborn DLC is cool and good, the main plot of Dawnguard is whatever, but it adds cool things.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

So, when I'm using skyrim uncapper with Mod Organizer 2, does the uncapper profile need to be "c:\...\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins" or "c:\...\ModOrganizer\SkyrimLE\mods\Skyrim -Community- Uncapper\SKSE\Plugins"

I have a two games right now, one using SPERG and the other using Ordinator so I need to switch the perk gain rate when I switch profiles and I've been changing it in both paths because I wasn't sure but it's kinda annoying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ThaumPenguin posted:

The latter.

Also if you need two different perk gain rates, I'd suggest installing another instance of the Uncapper (name the install something like "Uncapper [PROFILENAME]") and exclusively using that one for the second profile (keep it disabled on the first profile). That way you won't have to change the perk gain rate each time

Thanks, and thanks, that's a great idea.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BBJoey posted:

I've got SPERG, but are there any other gameplay mods out there that have a fairly light touch but make the game more interesting/fun?

Enaison's other mods are good. Wintersun adds a religion mechanic, Andromeda changes up the Standing Stones, Imperious changes how the races work. Those are all fairly light, his other ones are a bit heavier handed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Andromeda is pretty cool. One of the first stones I found was The Ritual, which (spoiler just in case you want to find out for yourself) absorbs the souls of dead bodies I encounter and summons them during the next fight. Hopefully the others are that interesting.

The Lover and The Lady are both pretty cool as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arthmoor is a twerp, but just use the unofficial patch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

KakerMix posted:

But none of the other dragons ever speak english

The one on Dawnguard does, same with the one you team up with at the end of Dragonborn.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/TESRSkywind/status/1128712144537702400?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Is there any good mod to make gathering materials for alchemy and smithing less tedious? I got one that just hoovers up anything in range, but that felt a little too cheaty for me.

There's a bunch that let you just dump everything in a chest and then automatically accesses it whenever you activate a crafting station.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Deadly Dragons (LE, SE) - Customizeable dragon health and damage, adds new types of dragons.

Diverse Dragons Collection (LE, SE) - Adds even more dragon types, can spawn dragons on command, compatible with Deadly Dragons with a patch.

Dragon Animation Replace (LE, SE) - fixes some janky animations for dragon attacks.

Cinematic Dragon Soul Absorption (LE, SE) - Makes absorbing dragon souls post-battle a little more involved, customizable levels of ridiculousness.

Immersive Dragons (LE, SE) - Minor but noticeable improvements to the dragon NIF skeleton, compatible with pretty much every dragon mod.

Timing is Everything (LE, SE) - Contains a subset of tweaks that can increase or decrease the frequency of random dragon attacks.

Bellyaches Dragon Texture Replacer and New Dragon Species (Vanilla, New) - 2k texture packs for dragons. Works for both version of the game because they're just texture files.

E:

More Dramatic Alduin (LE, SE) - Gives Alduin a firey red underglow ala Deathwing from WoW for storyline encounters.

That's all well and good, but how on earth could you forget the most important dragon mod of them all?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5518/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I still want to know happens next if you gently caress the dragon, ok.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

After you've seen the opening once you should probably just use Live Another Life or Skyrim Unbound.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Its Coke posted:

Is there a mod that removes the 5 training per level limit? I'm making a mod pack and really need that for it to be balanced.

One of the perks in SPERG does that, so you might be able to just rip that perk out of it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't use Morrowloot, but immersive creatures would often throw weirdly hard versions of creatures at me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Is Vokrii a replacement for Ordinator, a side grade, or to be used in conjunction? I like his mods. His mods make my Skyrim feel better about itself.

It's a replacement, a much more low key overhaul of the perk system that's supposed to resemble vanilla more closely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If I wanted to play as a bare handed Khajiit, is that better supported in perks by Ordinator or SPERG, and are there other mods general mods for punching (or technically scratching) playthroughs?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 21, 2019