Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Anyone happen to know a mod that turns the Elder Scroll into a melee weapon, like a hammer? I just got started on replaying Dawnguard and the idea struck me to hand Serana a priceless ancient artefact to smash fools in the head w/.

Searching for mods specifically involving the Elder Scroll only give me results where it's either home decoration or at best a spellcasting staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I haven't touched Skyrim (Oldrim) since PC issues necessitated that I reinstall Windows last year. But I miss just jumping into the game and screw around, so here I am, hunting down what I could recover of my list of mods. This time in Skyrim SE plus now it's not a nightmare mix of manually installed mods, Steam workshop stuff and some through Mod Organizer 2.

I love throwing in many weird mods without properly reading what/where they involve and just running into their results in game, though it can have consequences. I'm never going to forget going into a Forsworn camp and seeing a headless, completely naked guy come running down a stairway to throw fists at me.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Is this part of an elaborate serial killer playthrough?

I'm suddenly having doubts about the culprit in Blood On The Ice.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rinkles posted:

I'm so sorry. Didn't expect it so soon.

(I hit him with an arrow aiming for the guy next to him).

Hey.

Psst.

I know who you are.

hail Sithis

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Anyone had a problem where you can't pay a fine or submit and go to jail with guards? If I choose those options, I just get one dialogue option, "wait, what's the problem?", and then it loops back to the pay/submit/resist options.

I figured Guard Dialogue Overhaul must be causing it, so I first tried moving it further down the load order, then disabling it. No dice. It's not the biggest issue, since I try not to get in trouble with guards, but it's annoying knowing that if I amass a bounty at any point, I have to reload a save cause the only fine the guards accept is death.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 24, 2022

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've got one or two mods installed that add generic "adventurer/traveler/robber" characters trekking about the map, and it makes things feel a little livelier, though they get in the strangest fights sometimes. Had a bunch of them murdering guards outside Whiterun, then a pair of Dwarven Motorbikes came to avenge their lives.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Generally, whenever I think of something I want to add to my game, there's a mod for that. But there's no guard against the feeling of disappointment when the Nexus yields no results for "smokeable cigars" or "ugly christmas sweater".

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

By the Nine

That works for me, thank you

Moreau posted:

There is a distinct lack of these sorts of little roleplay things. I'd love to see some decent eyepatches or fur mantles.

They add so much amusement to killcams and other moments when you look at your character. I don't want to play without a sunglasses mod anymore, it owns putting them on my character and my follower(s) and feeling like we're too cool for Alteration school.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Okay I know I said I am sworn to carry your burdens but gently caress this, you can figure this one out by yourself.

Your follower has left your service.

...is someone there?

Never should've come here...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Leal posted:

Introducing a mod that adds a Shadow of War like nemesis system

If you are killed you get a debuff, the killer gets a buff as well as a title and they can get your poo poo. You'll respawn and will have to go after them to get it back.

My first thought on reading about this mod was "but your game is over when you die in Skyrim" and then I read you respawn. At this point I'd rather like a respawning option in Skyrim, for those unexpected sudden deaths that set you back a ways. Might check this out.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I keep finding sexfuck armors, whether I search for boobhump armor, buttslap armor or even dickballs armor. It's shocking how bad this search system is.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mais non, Dovahkiin! Zuuuuuut!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
All this smashing and mashing, can't these mods just get along

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Numberwang!!! posted:

Anyone know if there's a fix for when your mouse highlight gets stuck during conversations or in inventory items?

What I mean is if you go to inventory, click a book then hit escape, it will continue to highlight the book even though your mouse position is hovering over something else. And it won't click on the item you want it to... same thing with conversations.

I tried googling this but there's way too many other results with mouse behavior.

If there's a solution I'm for it, but I think that's one egregious problem nobody's been able to fix.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Leal posted:

Why is Bethesda still updating this game :psyduck:

To fix existing bu- hahaha

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is there a handy way to tell Mod Organizer "yo, this instance (Skyrim, Oblivion)'s files are now here, on this drive"?

I want to move my Steam installation of the game to a different drive (Mod Organizer itself and my mods are already where I want them), but I'm not seeing where to do that. If I go into the Instance Manager, I can't edit the paths pointing to the game location, merely explore them.

edit: ah, found it. After moving the game's installation in Steam, I launches Mod Organizer and it just asked me to point to the game's new location.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 14, 2024

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ThaumPenguin posted:

It can be, but it won't! The developer twitter thread where we got this information from explains that they fixed this very specific issue by entirely removing collision physics from bees :hist101:

Presumably this means that before this point in development you could be sprinting down the road only to instantly come to a complete stop because you slammed into a perfectly unbothered pollinator.

e: in the same thread the dev also said "I have no idea why the carts even needed real time physics".

Me, climbing to the Throat of the World by ascending a series of bees

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
My longest consistent playthrough of Skyrim had me running with five followers, one being Lydia and the others various deputized NPCs who'd run out their questlines, and who didn't use spells that might antagonize each other.

It was a constant mess

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Can someone recommend a fun, breezy martial arts mod? I'm not thinking of anything realistic, I'd like to run a hand-to-hand character who can kick and punch enemies and hopefully send them flying.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Arivia posted:

Have you tried finding the three dragon words “force” “balance” and “push?”

It lacks the intimacy of physical touch!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Thanks guys. I'm gonna give Way of the Monk a go (and Animated Armory while I'm at it). I wanna keep it simple, earlier in the week I was trying to add a mod that kept leading me to lists of other required mods, I was like five levels deep when it threw up a list of 8 other mods I needed and then I just deleted the whole bunch in disgust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Something in my mod list caused all the kids in Skyrim to have a vibrant brown skintone, including the blonde kids in Riverwood. Kind of strange, but nice to see mods adding more black people instead of removing them for once.