Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Andromeda is pretty cool. One of the first stones I found was The Ritual, which (spoiler just in case you want to find out for yourself) absorbs the souls of dead bodies I encounter and summons them during the next fight. Hopefully the others are that interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

chaosapiant posted:

Yea, true enough. Also forgot about Skyrim VR. That's probably where the best bandit-anal action would be anyway.

VR Games tend to have lower visual fidelity than their normal counterparts, due to the screen being kinda low-res and the performance requirements necessary to essentially render the game twice. So no you would not get much out of a massively detailed bandit butthole.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zarick posted:

Is there a good list of recommended mods for Skyrim SE to essentially just do Skyrim vanilla plus?

I'd also like a recommendation for a perk mod that isn't SPERG, not that it's bad, I've just done it a lot.

Any and all of this dudes mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/3959191

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Agents are GO! posted:

I would also include the two no longer listed on that page because he's abandoned them - Spectraverse and Dwemertech.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. What the hell is this

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Vortex is awesome. Mainly because its the only one that works with VR, that I'm aware of. Of all the ones I've used over the years, Vortex has been the easiest

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I would presume it's the same thing that compels people to collect karma from Reddit. Each upvote and each download is like an individual validation and every day that number goes up is further validation. If that number were to stop going up, especially unexpectedly, bad things gonna happen.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Will it though? Whenever I visit Nexus I search for mods by most downloaded. A mod pack is a totally new download with a separate counter and would start at the bottom of the Most Downloaded list, severely limiting exposure. That's the idea behind their reluctance, I imagine.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Washin Tong posted:

So basically I'm stumped.

Whoa I actually have the exact answer to this! The culprit is Monster Mod SE.

Take note of the files page on the nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5559?tab=files

You will see that the most recent file is Monster Mod SE 1.4 at 378.7MB. However in the old files is another file called Monster Mod SE 2019 that was posted one day earlier that contains 680.4MB. The most recent file is intended to be a patch for that older file, but he never included that instruction as far as I could tell. So download the bigger one and copy the smaller one over it, and your problem will be solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/56774

Also someone has automated making people in the world say your name out loud.

This is straight up loving witchcraft. Huge WTF moment from me