Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'd say Brhuce Hammar owns them all, but I seem to have broken the SE version I was working on so I'll be quiet.

Edit: Wow, lovely snipe. Well, I'll add some actual content:

After playing through it for a long while, I will say that Sacrosanct is far superior to Better Vampires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I like sacrosanct a lot

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I don't think I've ever played a vampire before

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

docbeard posted:

There really aren't modpacks. The reasons why are, well, contentious, but it basically comes down to no one wanting to do the hard work of maintaining such a thing for the reward of being screamed at by lunatic modders and lunatic users alike.

apparently one of the features the nexus people are putting into Vortex is essentially a dial-a-modpack setup where (presumably) you download an index file and it goes and pulls each mod from nexus for you and sorts them out in the right order.

this might actually work - you'll be able to get updated versions when released, mod authors get their individual download numbers for stats/epeen/whatever and I'm sure at least five of the crankiest jerkoffs have already written long posts about how it's horrible and yet the nexus is doing it anyway, so it might even happen.

e: that said if it's "export your specific load order into a mod pack" expect about ten times as many low-rent mod pack uploads as there are followers and presets as we have now, I'm gonna have to figure out how to block that entire category from search ...

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 9, 2019

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Midig posted:

Cool thing about Vilja, apparently Terry Pratchet (Discworld series author) worked a lot on her version for Oblivion in the creative department. Unfortunately, her accent is a parody of itself. Horrendous even though Skyrim accent is supposed to be based on scandinavian languages. I hope Gopher makes a follower mod, his voice is so smooth.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-01-29-the-story-behind-the-oblivion-mod-terry-pratchett-worked-on

Great article, and a touching story about how a good programmer trying to assist a world-renowned author in the midst of a terminal mental decline can make something beautiful.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The Steam News for Skyrim is on-point, as always

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
where's the lie

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Never get behind the keyboard horny.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

dwarf74 posted:

The Steam News for Skyrim is on-point, as always

Does Slof make Skyrim mods?
Edit: Yes, yes they do

:nws:https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94744:nws:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

So I did the next best thing from a mod pack and installed the Lightweight Lazy List for Skyrim VR. The list is intended to take about 5 hours to install, and that was about right for me. Not exactly a lazy one click solution, but at least it seems to be a stable list. Didn't have any bugs or crashes when I played yesterday (apart from me not getting SkyUI to run).

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/8sd09s/the_lightweight_lazy_list_an_incremental_modding/

I'm really liking magic in Skyrim VR, dual-wielding flames for instance. And archery. There is one mod that sort of blends these playstyles together - Spellsiphon. I haven't really toyed with it yet, but it seems like you can combine spells, make combos out of them, draw magicka from the environment, freeze time, use your bow to explode magic that's lingering in the environment, and other cool gizmos.

I'll be making myself a new lvl1 character now from Lorkahm's realm, and turn everyone to cinder until I'm beefy enough for Dawnguard.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm looking for a mod that lets me fight through a dungeon stuffed with low to mid tier enemies. Just fight fight fight, one room after the next. Heavy Metal music optional.

Any recommendations? When I search I just get very generic mods.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lord Stimperor posted:

I'm looking for a mod that lets me fight through a dungeon stuffed with low to mid tier enemies. Just fight fight fight, one room after the next. Heavy Metal music optional.

Any recommendations? When I search I just get very generic mods.

Skyrim Underground might be right up your alley, and by 'alley' I mean 'continent-spanning network of monster-filled tunnels'.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Nice, will try that. I prefer fighting humanoid NPC. I have downloaded the 'populated towers and fortresses' mods. Together with organized bandits, you get pretty stiff bandit resistance now. Unfortunately due to my mod configuration it gets difficult sometimes; one or two arrows kill the bandits as well as me. I'll get Underground, it sounds nice.

I have downloaded the Leveler's Tower as an alternative in the interim. It comes with an arena. It's actually pretty nice: it's a large, open area with a gate that only the player can pass. There are a bunch of traps that you can switch on and off. Next to it, there's a panel where you can spawn enemies. Select what you want, how many, and then press spawn. You can also spawn enemies that are hostile to one another and see them slaughter each other. I'm using it to practice the mechanics from spellsiphoning, but it does get a bit stale. Time for the tunnels.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
Just got Oculus Rift S setup, and have been playing around with Skyrim VR. It's pretty cool, but I would like to enhance the experience with mods. Is there a particular resource that I should checkout? I.e. is there a thread for Skyrim VR modding, or is this it? Is Mod Organizer still the tool to use? TIA

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

yegods posted:

Just got Oculus Rift S setup, and have been playing around with Skyrim VR. It's pretty cool, but I would like to enhance the experience with mods. Is there a particular resource that I should checkout? I.e. is there a thread for Skyrim VR modding, or is this it? Is Mod Organizer still the tool to use? TIA

I used the Lightweight Lazy List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RaLGgGMBzsIynYFoU-VoPaZc2u0cI0QnATfKnl6iyWM/edit

It's a list that is specifically made for Skyrim VR. Sticking with the list, I did not encounter any problems. You just need to install the compatibility patches where indicated. However, it did take a couple of hours to set everything up. But that's mostly due to me not having Nexus Premium membership at the moment. Below I'm projectile vomiting a series of problems that I have, but those were due to me loving up an otherwise perfectly stable installation.

That all said, I did manage to somehow gently caress up my installation. Some posts ago I described how I was having fun blowing up hundreds of skeletons in the Leveler's Tower. Well, at some point I must have overdone it, because one of the explosions crashed the game. From that point on, the game would crash always on CTD.

I thought it was the Leveler's Tower's fault. So I managed to get out of the tower by disabling autosave on travel. However at that point, Spellsiphon got weird - it played lighting effects when I wasn't using spells, and spells wouldn't work anymore. Uh-oh. This happened during a thunderstorm, that'll become relevant in a bit.

Disabled spellsiphon, the game would still crash on saving. Eventually, I rolled back most of my mod list and installed about 50 of them, one by one, checking what crashes and what doesn't. So these are the mods that will now crash the game on saving:

* Sounds of Skyrim
* Lightning during Thunderstorm
* Wet and Cold
* OBIS SE - Organized Bandits
* Apocalypse

Some of these look connected. Wet and Cold, Apocalypse, and Lightning during Thunderstorm all make use of visual effects. These include the visual effects that were playing when the installation poo poo the bed: water and and lightning effects.

I can sort of see how Sounds of Skyrim may be contaminated by that, since it is tied to weather effects through its patches.

But I just can't figure out why Organized Bandits would not work anymore. It's a shame too, because that mod was really nice. I'm trying to figure out what I could have broken there.

The dumb thing is that un-installing and re-downloading/installing the mods doesn't help. So whatever is wrong must be hidden somewhere in my installation.

I suppose I could rebuild my installation from scratch. I have backups of the *.inis and the work would go fast with premium. But that would still be a bunch of work.

I guess there is no easy way of cleaning out mod gunk from an installation, is there? Is it possible to see if save games are healthy?

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Lord Stimperor posted:

... a bunch of useful information...

Thanks! I'll give that list a looksee. I'm going to start very basic, with skse vr and skyui, and a few a the more necessary bugfix mods.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anyone got suggestions for good in depth housing mods?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Riverside Lodge: places a fully stocked, customizable cabin just down the road from Riverwood right before you head down the hill to Whiterun. Makes a great home base for adventuring and followers.

Aemer's Refuge: Basically a giant Dwemer palace that has everything you could imagine in and looks beautiful inside and out to boot. It's also accessible from shadow mark doors in just about every vanilla player-owned property in the game plus High Hrothgar.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

yegods posted:

Thanks! I'll give that list a looksee. I'm going to start very basic, with skse vr and skyui, and a few a the more necessary bugfix mods.

Do yourself a favor and get Nexus premium. Turns out that the downloads that took hours, are done within minutes if you're a paying customer. I'm redoing my build right now and it costs me only a fraction of the first time.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Lord Stimperor posted:

Do yourself a favor and get Nexus premium. Turns out that the downloads that took hours, are done within minutes if you're a paying customer. I'm redoing my build right now and it costs me only a fraction of the first time.
The Nexus' server setup has been relatively competent for years now. The download from a free account aren't going to time out constantly like they in ye olde days.
Nexus premium is only worth it if your mod setup requires several huge, multi GB texture overhauls or something, your internet speed is fast enough that you're going to see a noticeable improvement over the 1MB/s cap and you really can't wait.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It's literally like 2 dollars for a month of fast downloads and you're unlikely to need more than that, it's worth it

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I fell off a cliff chasing after a butterfly. :unsmith:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Raygereio posted:

The Nexus' server setup has been relatively competent for years now. The download from a free account aren't going to time out constantly like they in ye olde days.
Nexus premium is only worth it if your mod setup requires several huge, multi GB texture overhauls or something, your internet speed is fast enough that you're going to see a noticeable improvement over the 1MB/s cap and you really can't wait.

The mod folder for the list is ~16GB, and that's with me going for the light-weight textures and skipping some. Without premium that takes hours over hours. Paying a one-time 3 bucks is well worth having that done with in a few minutes imo.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Dick Trauma posted:

I fell off a cliff chasing after a butterfly. :unsmith:

you leave those butterflies alone! :mad:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I can't seem to utilize the Melt Down perk in Perkus Maximus, anyone know what's up with that? :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I can't seem to utilize the Melt Down perk in Perkus Maximus, anyone know what's up with that? :(

Nice Melt Down. :smuggo:

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Lord Stimperor posted:

I did myself that favor, and since I've used that site for years, I went ahead and did it for life. Hope they don't go down now :)

edit:

watched the tutorial on Spellsiphon. *boggle*
that, is, cool.

yegods fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 11, 2019

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Last time I did a big mod install I gave them the $2 too. It took one day instead of several evenings, it was definitely worth it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So there's a SKSE64 plugin now that lets you customize the tempering level names. I think I've come up with the best replacement:

code:
{
	"style": "Custom",
	"prefix": " ( ",
	"postfix": " )",
	"customNames": [
		"8=D",
		"8==D",
		"8===D",
		"8====D",
		"8=====D",
		"8======D",
		"8=======D",
		"8========D",
		"8=========D",
		"8==========D",
		"8===========D",
		"8============D",
		"8=============D",
		"8==============D",
		"8===============D",
		"8================D"
	]
}

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Is there a good list of recommended mods for Skyrim SE to essentially just do Skyrim vanilla plus?

I'd also like a recommendation for a perk mod that isn't SPERG, not that it's bad, I've just done it a lot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zarick posted:

Is there a good list of recommended mods for Skyrim SE to essentially just do Skyrim vanilla plus?

I'd also like a recommendation for a perk mod that isn't SPERG, not that it's bad, I've just done it a lot.

Ordinator or Vokrii depending on how crazy you want to get.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So far I like what I've seen in Perkus Maximus, however:

1) I'm having trouble running PatchusMaximus. I'm not sure what the full rammifications of this are, but so far it prevents the Meltdown perk from working which is pretty bogus. (the patcher complains about a missing plugins.txt and asks me to manually locate it, but I don't seem to have such a file and can't find where it's supposed to reside. Also the lovely Java file browser doesn't allow you to type in an address, instead you need to manually navigate to it for some reason)

2) You'll definitely want the "De-fluffer" mod to go with it. This makes it so that Perks will be described like, "Your sideways power attacks hit all targets in front of you" instead of some vaguely "a mighty swing ends all foes" nonsense like that.

I haven't played very much with this mod though so I don't know how balanced it is, how good the mage trees are etc.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 13, 2019

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Zarick posted:

Ordinator is a good perk mod. The creator also has a mod for spells, standing stones, races, and a few more. They all have that vanilla but better feeling so I'd check with his list.

Kinda depends what parts of vanilla you like, and what you want plus to add.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zarick posted:

Any and all of this dudes mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/3959191

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I would also include the two no longer listed on that page because he's abandoned them - Spectraverse and Dwemertech.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Agents are GO! posted:

I would also include the two no longer listed on that page because he's abandoned them - Spectraverse and Dwemertech.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Whoa. What the hell is this

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im not entirely sure but I believe Enai got tired of people bitching at them about Aspects of the quests involved, and/or elements of Enai's interpretation of Lore that they disagreed with. That's what I get reading between the lines of certain things.

I personally think they're two of the best quest mods available, as well as being two of the best spell mods, but whatever, at least they're still easily available, unlike Wyrmstooth.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i think i read somewhere that he just didn't like how unwieldy the spells were, and since they were both spell mods it kinda ruined the whole thing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Enai is a lovely chap but takes any and all criticism... quite personally.

I skip those two on most plays because I just end up with *far too many* spells and spending half my game time battling the UI for quick spell shortcuts, between apocalypse, forgotten magic, thunderchild, various powers etc. That's all on me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

A Sometimes Food posted:

Do you mean in-depth as in you take part in the construction or in-depth as in they have everything you could need to do what you want to do? For the latter, I'm a big fan of Riverwood Keep. If you use it in conjunction with a mod that lets you put followers wherever, you can have them populate the inn and streets of Riverwood while they sleep in the attached tower.

For the former, I've heard nothing but good things about LC_Citadel. Can't say I've used it though.