Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Eric the Mauve posted:

Well kinda, but it's more that it just makes no goddamn sense at all from one sentence to the next.

*Be TLD, a Mighty Vampire Hunter that swore many oaths to destroy any Vampire he/she comes across*
*Some Vampire Princess with a god damned ELDER SCROLL falls into his/her lap, more or less defenseless*
*go ahead and follow her to the heart of the Vampire scourge in Skyrim and listen to whatever she says, does nothing when she hands said Elder Scroll over to her insane dad who openly admits to wanting to end the world*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ya know, Thieves Guild would have been fine if they just dialed back on the whole Nocturnal Worship poo poo, and just made it about the Guild Master pulling a Long Con on everyone, and you scrounging together the remnants to get back at him.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Vasudus posted:

So I'm actually going to start modding SSE now, after putting it off for several days thinking 'goddamnit, it's going to take me fifty hours to get everything running'

I've pretty much always used SPERG for my perk overhaul, but I'm intrigued by Ordinator. Last time I played the author was really only known for Apocalypse. Ordinator looks...overly complicated though?

Ordinator looks that way, but you gotta realize that every tree kind has it's own "sub-tree" in it for specific builds and playstyles. For combat trees this usually means picking one type of Weapon for Melee, or Element for Magic and sticking to it. Some of the other trees have some more creative/crazy poo poo, but keep in mind none that more out there stuff (like Dwemer Turrets in the Smith tree or the Sword/Staff combo tree in Enchanting) ever needs to be touched if you just use the tree's main/general path. If you do go down those paths though it is pretty fun.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I was actually talking to a buddy a work with about Skyrim, and he told me that apparently Bethesda patched out those random vampire attacks in cities that were added in Dawnguard like a year ago. I always used Run For Your Lives so I never noticed, but that's kind of funny. I remember when Dawnguard kinda made the game unplayable until mods came out, because you could get Master Vampire attacks the very first time you entered Whiterun in broad daylight, and he would kill like half the NPCs pretty much instantly because everyone was like level 6.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

doctor 7 posted:

I've got a hankering for playing Skyrim again, beat it ages ago and now I got a free copy of the special edition. Loaded up a bunch of converted mods.

However it seems like SPREG has been ported but not updated at all. I play melee and ranged almost exclusively, with no magic beyond smithing. SPERG really made those things pretty sweet.

Is there another mod that's come in that would be worth taking a lot at?

The only other Skill/Perk mod Ive ever liked is Ordinator. It's got some neat stuff esepcially if want to try Two-Handed.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I always thought it was funny how these games constantly talk about how Peryite is the weakest of the Princes, but he is also in charge of Spellbreaker, an artifact that both in gameplay and lore is Overpowered as hell.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Speaking of quest mods has anyone tried Konahriks Accoutrements? I was looking for a decent robe set to match Konahrik and ran into this.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 18, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I've got Konahrik, which means I already killed all of the big Dragon Priests on the mainland but apparently this mod gives you a chance to rematch them if you want the new stuff.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Has anyone had something like this video happen, where suddenly you start drawing your bow in ultra slow motion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRvMA3ZLscM

I think it might be due to an Ordinator perk I took, Hailstorm (supposed to give you a stacking Attack Speed increase every time you fully draw a bow)

edit: looked into a bit and apparently it might happen because sometimes having Windbourne (Speech Skill) and Hailstorm active at the same time can cause Quick Shot (a per-requisite to Hailstorm) to stop working right. Good news is Quick Shot is an unchanged Vanilla perk so turning it off and back on via console commands usually fixes it.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 27, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I usually sacrificed the lady in the Bannered Mare, the one that had to be hot poo poo and murder some kid just to try and get into the Companions

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

On a scale of 1-10, how bad of an idea would it be to swap from Ordinator to Vokrii mid playthrough? A discord buddy recommended it to me after he tried both and it looks interesting, but my Skyrim SE Nord is level 73 and has like 200 hours onto him and I don't want to start over or gently caress that up.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

timn posted:

Anything is possible if you know how to use resaver and believe in yourself.

Yeah gently caress it, I'm going for it, worse case scenario I use a backup savefile and lose an hour or so after play testing

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

graynull posted:

Ordinator has a craftable/console-able scroll called like the Scroll of Legends that will run a script to remove and refund all your perks. Once it's done, that might make it reasonably safe to swap.

Yeah, I looked up a reddit post that if you use that, then uninstalling it is pretty painless as long as you use ReSaver afterwards to clean up the scripts.
I am really liking Vokrii so far, it's kind of what I wanted out of Ordinator without some of the super clumsy stuff (like forcing you to basically only use one crafting spot, like the Advanced Benches/Tables do)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Is there a place that lists all of Trainwiz's different mods? I'd never seen this one before and since he doesn't upload them himself to the Nexus (don't blame him for not wanting to interact with the user base there) I can't just click on his name.

I think Trainwiz still might be banned from the nexus, or maybe he just never bothered to update his account or something.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Has anyone ever had a problem where From Deepest Fathoms (the female Argonian that starts Unfathomable Depths) won’t spawn once you hit level 14? I try player.moveto with her ID (00019de2) and it takes me to a corner of the Riften Bunkhouse and she is no where in sight. I also tried spawning her, but even using the ref ID it just spawns a dummy clone that talks in generic speak and doesn’t have the Lexicon in her inventory.

What’s worse is that from what I’ve seen in SSEEdit, none of my mods has anything to do with either the her spawning or starting the quest.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That's happened to me. I had to leave the cell for some number of days, and come back at a higher level.

Is it like a vanilla bug? And was it long enough to require a full cell reset (which is about, 10 in game days if I remember right)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Ultimately, rushing into camps while every enemy bum rushes your rear end isn't interesting. Bethsoft melee has never been interesting. The game doesn't let you methodically pick enemies apart the way, say, Far Cry would, but it makes combat less of a chore. Skyrim's ranged physics (including shouts) are as satisfying as the combat gets

I think this is why every single time I try to make a "MANLY WARRIOR MAN MAGIC IS FOR THE KNIFE EARS" type Nord/Redguard character, they almost always turn into an Archer or a Battlemage.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Thieves Guild Requirements is a good one. Won’t let you join the guild until you have actually, y’know, actually stole and pickpocketed a few things to show you are actually a thief, and you won’t be able to advance it’s main storyline until you can pass some skill checks (which you change, or just turn off).

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Rainbow Knight posted:

Counter point: being an impossibly well armored daedra worshipping juggernaut that kills their way through thieves guild quests specifically to piss off Maven and Brynjolf is thief-y enough. The "Pink Mohawk" method is an acceptable and superior form of gameplay :colbert:

I just like it because it stops Brynjolf from getting me to join his little Thief Club down in the sewers, all because having more then 1000 gold on you must mean I've "never worked an honest day in my life." Like dude I made that money from selling two axes and some potions I got out of a cave, gently caress off.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I guess Shenk's Thievery Overhaul is one of the (apparently many) things which breaks "Blood on the Ice". I had intended to complete it because a serial killer on the loose means a bunch of jumpy guards on patrol. But none of the normal triggers in the house exist for the investigation. I suspect it's related to the new "To Windhelm Walls" trapdoor installed inside even the non-player-owned version of Hjerm. It's not a big deal if it can't be completed.

Obscure's College of Winterhold has compatibility patches for some other mods that make Winterhold a little less of a wreck (The Great City of Winterhold and Winterhold Restored). Has anyone played with OCW and either of those other two city of Winterhold mods and can confirm they work together. Also, and more importantly, are either or both recommended? Winterhold Restored looks to have the most stuff, but GCoW somewhat looks to reflect the city it once was but is no longer.

Non-Modding gameplay story:

After sleeping in Autumnwatch Tower, some Hired Thugs came by to attack me for apparently stealing from the Dawnguard court mage. (I probably did it, but I don't recall.) I slipped away, then went stealth. I didn't kill them or hurt them at all, I simply pickpocketed all their gold, the contract out on me. The next time I was in Dawnguard, I stalked the court mage, and on her way back from the Mythic Dawn museum, there was a brief window of her travel not covered by guard patrols. I snuck up behind her, and reverse-pickpocketed into her inventory the contract she took out on my life and a steel dagger - as a warning not to try that again.

While Blood on the Ice is (hilariously) easy to break, are you sure it's just not triggering normally? I've had runs where I first went to Windhelm before level 5 and it wouldn't start until I was like 30. It's just really random, plus you have to enter Windhelm past 8:00 pm for a chance to trigger it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

btw has this been posted yet:

https://twitter.com/youngscrolls/status/1241417003241476096

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

My biggest problem with Ordinator was how pigeonholed it could make you with certain things. Like how you could only ever really use one forge/workbench/any other crafting table after you take those perks.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

I figured they meant they didn't like it which hey whatever you can have bad taste it's your game :shrug:

That armor they force on Ulfric is pretty bad man. Like even for a game that was made in 2011, it’s not textured well at all.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

The idea of having an even crazier and less compatible perk system kind of makes me scared!

He deserves bad armour.

Rikke's isn't much better either.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Morrowloot has a "lite" version, maybe look into that. Also, there's the possibility of doing what I did and use MLU with Loot and Degradation, which lets High Level NPCs spawn with tempered gear (Flawless, Epic etc). The Degradation part can be totally turned off, which is what I did because after messing around with it for a while, it became clear Skyrim is just not made for a Degrade/Repair system like Morrowind/Oblivion.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm loving how SPERG makes two handed weapons viable. When you stack the two handed and one handed weapon speed perks you're swinging greatswords 60% faster and it feels great after they were so clunky for years.

SPERG's two handed tree always kind of pissed me off. It forces that one auto-cleave perk on you, which really means "you automatically kill any followers/summons you might have"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

Am I reading this right, is all of the Creation Club stuff natively implemented?

Is... that a good thing? CC is a pretty mixed bag from what I recall.

Wasn't every CC House basically a courier running up to you saying "Congrats you now have a fully furnished mansion that also has a teleporter built into it which not even the College of Winterhold has", which might be a bit jarring when you start a new playthrough and get told this right after you escaped Helgen

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

As far as I can tell, Anniversary Edition is just the SE with all of the CC stuff built into it so, if it works on SE it should work for AE? In theory at least?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hold on, I'm slow/stupid and trying to figure this out and this is what I have
-On 11/11/2021, there will be an update for Skyrim SE (all versions) that adds the behind the scenes changes, as well as fishing/the farm/the Hearthfire Aquarium stuff
-It also adds Saints and Seducers for free
-If you have SE, you can upgrade it to the full AE for... whatever and that also gives you the rest of the CC stuff. Otherwise you buy it for normal retail price.
-It doesn't do anything to better incorporate the CC stuff, so if you start a new file you will get like 50+ quests added to your Journal the moment you escape Helgen

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

That would make AE slightly more attractive (not enough for me to get it lol), I was getting flashbacks to starting a new Oblivion game and suddenly being told I have inherited a Mage's Tower and a giant Castle the moment I got out of jail.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

just remember to turn off those updates folks, and probably back up your mods or something

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

OBIS is a great example of a good concept killed by ridiculous feature creep. I noped out once I saw that it created its own bespoke elemental arrows system or some poo poo.

Lately I've seen a lot of people ragging on MLU for the same reason, and at first I thought "huh, that's odd I've used that for years and never had a problem with it."
And then I went through my mod list and realized almost half of it are various MLU patches/compatibility mods, and I used using the "scaled down" version to start with.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Rinkles posted:

i don't know if MLU has other bloat, but aren't compatibility patches expected for something that overhauls leveled lists?

Yeah but half of these patches usually end up turning off a change MLU did to some perk or crafting system.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

kartikeya posted:

I've enjoyed/tolerated MLU well enough (I'm not entirely sure I'd still be using it if it weren't part of this list, but eh), but I do go in and change the things that particularly annoy me, namely the crafting requirements. gently caress no, I'm not doing Dragonborn just to be able to craft a piece of daedric, and I'm not trotting over to the Skyforge to make ebony either.

The other big problem with MLU that's glaring at me this time is that it's so hard to get glass/ebony ore that by the time you can make daedric you might as well just keep going and craft dragonbone/scale, as those are easily obtainable. Even moreso if you're running Ordinator (I am) where dragon armor requires the same skill level as daedric. I know this is because it wants to make things like Morrowind where you largely have to go scrounge for the higher tier armors, but 1. ebony (and I think rarely daedric, it's been a while) would, in fact, drop from random monsters above a certain level, and 2. the last thing I'd say about Morrowind is that anything about it was balanced or particularly reasonable.That was part of its charm.

Funnily enough, the strict crafting station/table requirements kind of turned me off of Ordinator and switch over to Vokrii. I didn’t like having to go to Skyforge to craft anything related to Ebony and I also didn’t like having to go to the College to enchant or make any potions either.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Does SPERG still force that auto-cleave perk on you if you go Two-Handed? That was the only thing that made me switch to Ordinator and then later Vokrii, I kept killing followers with it and it annoyed me so much I just uninstalled it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Gonkish posted:

So there's now a backpatcher for Skyrim AE that will return the .exe to the last SE version if you have accidentally updated, thereby allowing SKSE and associated mods to work once again. I can't recall the name but the post is on the skyrimmods subreddit. Might be relevant for anyone who forgot about the AE release and suddenly found their mods non-functional.

SKSE might not take as long to get fully updated as previously thought. There's that preliminary beta release for AE that's out already, which provides basic functionality for stuff like SkyUI, and I guess Bethesda is working with the SKSE team to help them with the process? Which is cool and kind of nuts to me. Hopefully they can get things running sooner than we all thought and the various mods with bespoke code that depend on SKSE as a base can be updated.

I think stuff like Quick Loot RE is doomed, though, unless someone else picks up that mod (the source is apparently up on github), since that author has since burnt out, unfortunately.

Apparently Bethesda gave the SKSE devs an early copy of AE to play around with which is why it's been updating so fast, and from the sounds of it a good chunk of mods might not even need to be updated if/when SKSE starts working with AE.
Some still will, of course, and yeah if the mod author isn't willing to do it, it's probably screwed unless you go back to LE/Oldrim.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Agoat posted:

Does SkyUI work okay? I'd install but I'm out of town until tomorrow, sorry for being difficult, haha.

Also if any goons are working on mods and would like some help with presentation (like posting to Nexus, social media, etc.) I'm happy to help with writing, screenshots, all that stuff. I'm working on building a portfolio, any experience here helps me a ton!

SkyUI is still down, but apparently that could be working by the end of today? That's what I heard through the grapevine anyways, I know that was a big priority.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

This should be a joke, but I feel like it isn't

It's one of those jokes that makes you stop and think if it really is a joke.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

According to this, SkyUI (and a few other SKSE dependent mods) is now working with AE, but I'm still too c̶h̶i̶c̶k̶e̶n̶s̶h̶i̶t apprehensive to updating to AE to test it out myself;
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/4357790501744456992/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Rainbow Knight posted:

argonians can just swim forever lol the anniversary edition was right there this whole time!!

I think this is actually canonically how Argonains fish, just maybe not in the Windhelm docks.