Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

ThaumPenguin posted:

Enai has made a statement regarding the more questionable things he's said in the past (promoting bombing immigrant boats etc).

Well, that's a much more sincere sounding apology than his last attempt. Good for him, hope he works through it all well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Picked up the AE yesterday and am making an unmodded run, buuuut is there an easy way to just set the perks I gain per level to 2? Is there an ini somewhere I can just change a number? Or do I have to get a whole rear end mod?

zhar
May 3, 2019

Rinkles posted:

WTF? Though because of the recent Nexus changes, you just need to find a link to the old version to get it.

Anyone have such a link?

I was going to use smeft on wabbajack which I assume would contain it but smeft seems to have vanished

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

zhar posted:

Anyone have such a link?

I was going to use smeft on wabbajack which I assume would contain it but smeft seems to have vanished

zhar
May 3, 2019

not sure how I missed that but thank you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Saxophone posted:

Picked up the AE yesterday and am making an unmodded run, buuuut is there an easy way to just set the perks I gain per level to 2? Is there an ini somewhere I can just change a number? Or do I have to get a whole rear end mod?

You need a whole rear end mod. This mod lets you change the perks per level to any amount, but requires SKSE, so you'll need that to get it to work. You can install it mid play through so if you want to get started you can just use the console to manually give yourself an extra perk every level.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1175/

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Did Anni break all the mods? I remember Bethesda saying it was going to but I could also be misremembering.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Skwirl posted:

You need a whole rear end mod. This mod lets you change the perks per level to any amount, but requires SKSE, so you'll need that to get it to work. You can install it mid play through so if you want to get started you can just use the console to manually give yourself an extra perk every level.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1175/

I suppose the follow up question then is does this work with the Anniversary Edition?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Saxophone posted:

I suppose the follow up question then is does this work with the Anniversary Edition?

I'm not sure if this works with AE, but it doesn't use SKSE so there's probably a better chance than the uncapper. Not really the same as getting one more per level but...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2254

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Agoat posted:

Did Anni break all the mods? I remember Bethesda saying it was going to but I could also be misremembering.

It's broken SKSE but Bethesda got a copy in the hands of the SKSE devs early so they've got a somewhat working prototype out already.

Most mods that don't rely on the script extender should be fine, I'm betting, but some may have unforeseen issues: see, Lucien.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

ThaumPenguin posted:

Enai has made a statement regarding the more questionable things he's said in the past (promoting bombing immigrant boats etc).

Lmao

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's broken SKSE but Bethesda got a copy in the hands of the SKSE devs early so they've got a somewhat working prototype out already.

Most mods that don't rely on the script extender should be fine, I'm betting, but some may have unforeseen issues: see, Lucien.

Does SkyUI work okay? I'd install but I'm out of town until tomorrow, sorry for being difficult, haha.

Also if any goons are working on mods and would like some help with presentation (like posting to Nexus, social media, etc.) I'm happy to help with writing, screenshots, all that stuff. I'm working on building a portfolio, any experience here helps me a ton!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Agoat posted:

Does SkyUI work okay? I'd install but I'm out of town until tomorrow, sorry for being difficult, haha.

Also if any goons are working on mods and would like some help with presentation (like posting to Nexus, social media, etc.) I'm happy to help with writing, screenshots, all that stuff. I'm working on building a portfolio, any experience here helps me a ton!

SkyUI is still down, but apparently that could be working by the end of today? That's what I heard through the grapevine anyways, I know that was a big priority.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Crush Rush posted:

SkyUI is still down, but apparently that could be working by the end of today? That's what I heard through the grapevine anyways, I know that was a big priority.

Ah well, no trouble if it is. Still happy to have the new version out, all things considered. Lots of cool content for $20 works for me.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Not sure if anyone has seen it yet, but the author of Immersive 4K Sweetrolls and Horse Pussy just put out a pastebin apologizing for spreading disinfo on the "real figures of the Holocaust" in the past.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Why is it that just by the name of the mods I'm not surprised by the rest?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Has anyone managed to make PerMa work on either SE or on AE if update broke it?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Average Bear posted:

Not sure if anyone has seen it yet, but the author of Immersive 4K Sweetrolls and Horse Pussy just put out a pastebin apologizing for spreading disinfo on the "real figures of the Holocaust" in the past.

:goofy:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Average Bear posted:

This should be a joke, but I feel like it isn't

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

This should be a joke, but I feel like it isn't

It's one of those jokes that makes you stop and think if it really is a joke.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

It's one of those jokes that makes you stop and think if it really is a joke.

And then with the added layer of Skyrim modding weirdness you'll never quite be sure.

There's a real mod for FO4 that gives your character a vagina on their torso that... spawns cats? For reasons I'm 100% positive I do not want to know?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gonkish posted:

There's a real mod for FO4 that gives your character a vagina on their torso that... spawns cats? For reasons I'm 100% positive I do not want to know?

I guess the mod author was a fan of Brand New Cherry Flavor?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I think it's just a really bad joke. It's a pussy pussy, see? :downsrim:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I think it's just a really bad joke. It's a pussy pussy, see? :downsrim:

I'll have you know that there's not pussiiiiiiiiieeeee

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Average Bear posted:

man thats some funny rear end poo poo

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So apparently the Fishing thing that they weirdly promoted for AE is... well... it has issues, like these:

1. Limited to pre-defined spots, not "fish anywhere that there's water".

2. Doesn't allow you to do anything while you wait for a fish to bite (this includes something as simple as just looking around, you can't move the camera at all).

3. You don't even have to reel the fish in. You just go to one of the pre-defined fishing spots, press E, wait, press E again, and you get a fish. (It's important to note that between pressing E and then pressing E you LITERALLY CANNOT DO ANYTHING ELSE. You just stand there, locked into an animation, waiting to press E.)

4.) There's no third-person fishing animations, I guess? Or something? You're locked in first person the entire time.

It's about as barebones as you can possibly get. MAYBE mods will make it, like, remotely interesting at some point in the future, but right now with modding as a whole up in the air I wouldn't hold my breath. If you were looking forward to just being able to go chill somewhere in Skyrim and fish... welp.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 13, 2021

Burns
May 10, 2008

I am not at all surprised by the Fishing thing.

As a side, there is a mod thay adds new models for locks based on type of chest, although no new mechanics.

As a second side, i want to see a mod that adds more animations to creatures and dragons. I kind of hate how uninteresting dragons are on the ground. They should be able to still move and jump and stuff. Also, most of the large creatures added like minotaurs, orges ect by things like Immersive Creatures seem to use the same giant animation.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gonkish posted:

So apparently the Fishing thing that they weirdly promoted for AE is... well... it has issues, like these:

1. Limited to pre-defined spots, not "fish anywhere that there's water".

2. Doesn't allow you to do anything while you wait for a fish to bite (this includes something as simple as just looking around, you can't move the camera at all).

3. You don't even have to reel the fish in. You just go to one of the pre-defined fishing spots, press E, wait, press E again, and you get a fish. (It's important to note that between pressing E and then pressing E you LITERALLY CANNOT DO ANYTHING ELSE. You just stand there, locked into an animation, waiting to press E.)

4.) There's no third-person fishing animations, I guess? Or something? You're locked in first person the entire time.

It's about as barebones as you can possibly get. MAYBE mods will make it, like, remotely interesting at some point in the future, but right now with modding as a whole up in the air I wouldn't hold my breath. If you were looking forward to just being able to go chill somewhere in Skyrim and fish... welp.

sounds like it's possibly worse than the mod that already exists that added fishing to the game

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17774

It's a little janky with not much to speak of in the way of animations but based on how you described the official fishing, it doesn't sound like it was much improved.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I really don't get this obsession with fishing in games recently. RDR2, Hades, Nier, Far Cry 6 and now Skyrim all have some sort of fishing in them. So strange.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Red Oktober posted:

I really don't get this obsession with fishing in games recently. RDR2, Hades, Nier, Far Cry 6 and now Skyrim all have some sort of fishing in them. So strange.

Clearly they're trying that to tap into that nostalgia of young Gamers who played Ocarina of Time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
am i misremembering, or wasn't there a fishing mod among the stuff bethesda showed off before giving up on paid mods?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Rinkles posted:

am i misremembering, or wasn't there a fishing mod among the stuff bethesda showed off before giving up on paid mods?
Yup. One of the mods up for sale during Valve & Bethesda's short lived paid modding debacle was a fishing mod from Chesko: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65613/

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Seems like it's just reskinned mining

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I cant imagine why anyone would prefer fishing with a dumb stick instead of just using Fus on a school of River Betty.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

According to this, SkyUI (and a few other SKSE dependent mods) is now working with AE, but I'm still too c̶h̶i̶c̶k̶e̶n̶s̶h̶i̶t apprehensive to updating to AE to test it out myself;
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/4357790501744456992/

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Red Oktober posted:

Nier in particular: (the tweet replying to is deleted, doesn't matter)
https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/879148440818561024

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

According to this, SkyUI (and a few other SKSE dependent mods) is now working with AE, but I'm still too c̶h̶i̶c̶k̶e̶n̶s̶h̶i̶t apprehensive to updating to AE to test it out myself;
https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/4357790501744456992/

Only the most basic SKSE reliant mods will work right now - meaning mods that only rely on the extended SKSE papyrus functions (.pex - skyrim's in-game scripting that's tied to framerate). Mods that have a native code .dll that fundamentally change how the engine behaves need to be recompiled by their author or someone with the source

A number of those authors have been MIA for years like Simply Knock, Improved Camera, etc and some of them never released the source

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Geez just grab those fish straight out of the water, like what the hell. Fishing would only be worth it if it was like Deadly Premonition and you could fish weird or useful poo poo out of the water.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

argonians can just swim forever lol the anniversary edition was right there this whole time!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Modders to the rescue, as usual: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58377

Allows you to fish anywhere through the use of a lesser power. So at least that's less lovely.