Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Mega64 posted:

I see no issues with these images.

I will download this mod, if only to experience that fruits of the same artistic vision that created this gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Is there a mod (or an .ini tweak, I don't care) that removes all the motion blur/depth of field/etc. nonsense? I already miss fxaa post process injector.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Killsion posted:

So are we stuck using NMM for now or is MO working too?

The MO guy was hired to do NMM full time, so it's the go-to right now.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

From what I remember reading on their announcement, there will be an in-depth virtual directory mode and such implemented, but they'll also be keeping a simple mode for the usual types who frequent :nexus:.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Archonex posted:

So I mentioned it before but never got a reply. Anyone have a fix for the old "vampire faces are beyond hosed up and look like someone held their face in a oven" bug? It's an old vanilla bug from Skyrim that never got fixed outside of mods. Except I can't find any now.

It's something to do with loading conflicting tint data when an actor changes race or something (which is how vampires are implemented). I know if you have dawnguard and turn into the giant bat monster, it'll be fixed when you turn back.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Is there a decent creation kit reference while the wiki is down, or do I just have to wait?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Inepta Lacerta posted:

There's a compatibility patch out for Vivid Weathers + True Storms already. Plus the game looks pretty darn fantastic with those weathers (and a bit of tweaking with ReShade):

This all looks pretty good. Can you give us your ReShade info?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

It helps that we don't really have the accumulated cruft of mods that all do a variation on the same thing that we have with Oldrim, right now we just have the mods with people crazy enough to get them up and running in the first week.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

PureRok posted:

Haven't been following the thread, so excuse me if this has been mentioned/asked already, but:

Is there word on whether SPERG is coming to SSE or not?

Not until there's a new script extender at least.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

PureRok posted:

Ah, I forgot it used SKSE. Well, at least they said they're working on that. Too bad about the SkyUI guy not wanting to bother porting that. Playing with default UI is aggravating (Yes, game, I wanted to close the menu instead of switching tabs.).

Another goon posted the ported 2.2 (doesn't require skse) of Sky UI :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2padsoub9al3u6/SkyUI%20-%20Ported%20Version%202.2%20-Removed%20Warrning-855-1-0.zip?dl=0

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Wow, ReShade is really user friendly. Like, why aren't all games just doing this kind of instant feedback on their own. You just point their setup program at the game .exe and download a bunch of toggle-able effects, which you can apply in game in real time.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

As Nero Danced posted:

I haven't played Skyrim in a long time and the new Special Edition thingy has brought me back in. Just to make sure I'm understanding it all correctly though, skyrim mods don't work natively? What is involved in bringing them over? I know mods that use SKSE won't work for the time being.

Mostly converting old data formats to new ones, there's a new compression/header algorithm for BSAs and only dds textures work now. I've installed a lot of Oldrim mods that work just fine, you just need to check to make sure there's nothing that needs doing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

Do the blocking skills in SPERG also all apply to 2H blocking? The descriptions sound like they do but I'd like confirmation.

All blocking. Anything that trains the Block skill.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is SPERG, or a good alternative, available for Skyrim Special Edition yet? I figured I'd asked on the off-chance that the answer is 'yes'.

SPERG needs skse to be updated, and then it needs to be updated for sse which is not guaranteed. Ordinator is an all right substitute for now.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

SPERG has autoperks that make magic scale with skill, and a lot of other good stuff besides.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Huh. I got one of those rare crashes involving a dragon crashing. Hard locked my entire computer.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Fuligin posted:

Any suggestions on an ENB that will play nice with Climates of Tamriel + ELX? Game looks nice already, but I'm looking for just a bit more "oomph" and I know my computer can hack it.
As an aside, I'm playing with Frostfall and Campfire for the first time and I'm kind of blown away by how well integrated and fun-not-brutally-punitive it is. Who knew survival mods could be... good?

Use reshade 3 and tune everything yourself, it's very easy. Just download their exec and point it at Skyrim.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing this is a bug?

Grey face is caused by multiple conflicting edits to the same actor, it's your mods.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I'm having constant CTDs in Karthspire. Doesn't crash when I turn off mods, but I haven't tested extensively because of \~*SPOILERS*~/. Before I go on a wild goose chase, any known problem mods associated with that area?

The one thing I suspect is a massive inventory stored up in my horse via Convenient Horses, but disabling CH didn't fix the problem.

Do a binary test. Turn off half your mods and see if that fixes it, then the other half. Then half of the positive result, and so on. That should narrow it down pretty quick.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Lo, for I have Seen the face of Evil. We have met the Enemy, the Author of all Wickedness, and he is Us.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Enjoy your new kajiit shantytown I guess.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Mizuti posted:

I found my way there and it was already the default program for opening .nxm files. I tried redoing it just to be sure. Nope, Mod Organizer always intercepts the download. I'm not sure what to do now.

You're clicking "download with manager", right? It's not intercepting the file, it's intercepting the link type. You can probably uninstall MO then NMM, then reinstall NMM to get the association set correctly again.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

Also that reminds me how much it sucks that they didn't do anything interesting with the Dunmer ghetto in Windhelm.

Like always, the towns are too small to do anything at all with any of them. Solitude is the bustling capital, Whiterun is a tiered mountain metropolis that the whole central plain can see.

But that doesn't come across in a town with like 50 people. Novigrad, these aint.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

idk if the Stormcloaks really count as an insurgency. They have the backing of actual governments with regular military forces and bases.

They absolutely count as an insurgency. An insurgency is any independent body that seeks, as its primary goal, recognition by the populace as the legitimate government, usually by a combination of disruption, military action, covert action, and political action. If the Stormcloaks can win their military victory against the Empire, they will attain that legitimacy -- however thin it may be.

Conversely, the Empire can defeat the insurgency by addressing the root causes of it (rebellious local leaders, a charismatic figurehead, and the existence of organized combat groups among them.) They are helped in this regard by not being a truly foreign power.

During the time period of the game's story, the Stormcloaks are shifting from their initial political action into military action, and the Empire is responding with targeted military strikes combined with a broad campaign against the insurgency's support centers. Both powers put a great deal of effort into wooing or the local leaders or replacing them with more loyal members of the populace, since they can't really say they've won until all the Jarls are behind them.

e: \/That's good to recognize, but compare them to the Communist Chinese, themselves a successful insurgency. Very similar timeline.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 10, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Elves, especially the Thalmor (who are the nazis of the Altmer) have a tremendous bug up their collective asses about Talos being a god. They know he's a god and it pisses them the hell off, because they all believe they're supposed to be gods and got cheated out of it by Lorkhan (who men call Shor, or Shezzar) when he tricked the other gods into creating the world.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Yeah I love me some Kirkbride but not past the point where everyone dies but his beloved dunmer, numidium comes back (again) to destroy the world, and vivec and friends return to be the heroes because why not. Smack of favouritism. It's just as well c0da is all wrapped up inn the message that there are infinite realities/dreams, and this one is his.

Kirkbride likes the Dunmer because they're elves who "get it" about what Nirn is for. It's not supposed to be a prison, and the elves' gods are just as stupid about it as they are, so much that the Daedra laugh at them about it and occasionally rip off their divine flesh and impersonate them.

I just wish the cool stuff could come across when you go talking to people in the game rather than being buried in a book no one will see. I want more of the Altmer legion officer who hates the Thalmor because the loving nazis killed his entire extended family in a terror attack.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Lazy_Liberal posted:

He was grouchy but not committing war crimes as far as I could tell. Unless raising dudes from the dead is a crime!

Yes, actually. They burn you for it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

KakerMix posted:

That's just it tho Thalmor are stronger with a divided enemy. Ulfric is not going to be able to protect Skyrim from them if the entire Empire (which includes Skyrim) could not.
Does Ulfric have ~the voice~ because they start off by saying he shouted the high king apart but did he really?

Ulfric trained to be one of the Greybeards when he was younger, but left to go be a soldier/nobleman. He basically murdered the high king, who was barely old enough to rule and didn't have Ulfric's experience or power, and probably would have joined him anyways because he was a huge fan of Ulfric's.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Max Wilco posted:

What, just randomly generated NPCs? Or are you saying that Bethesda set it up so that vampires will attack the normal NPCs and mess up quest lines.

It's the second one, isn't it?

Of course it is. And best of all, it's one of those Bethesda style schrodinger's bugs where you can't even tell if it could be the intended purpose or not.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The script extender team gave a loose date of mid march for porting over all the previous functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3b9pcgzZSk

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Creation Club is just a "premium currency"/microtransaction based store for the sort of DLC they already did, except they think they can for-real professionals to submit serious work for it.

What will actually happen is their signal to noise ratio will be abysmal and any hope of recruiting actual talent will be buried under a tide of :nexus: while the same people who did impressive mods will stay in their established hugboxes.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

As an aside, how hard is it to incrementally bake navmeshes? I know they did it for Fallout 4, but did that require area loads or what?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I literally only read the thread to see the mods other people found, so I don't have to wade through :nexus:.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

For those looking for a graphics enhancer, I found ReShade to be very intuitive. You just point the installer at the game, and you can tweak settings in real time while playing.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Dwesa posted:

TES was never known for good writing. On the other hand, Witcher games are based on some very well written books. Most of the characters are already well-characterized in the books.

Morrowind absolutely had good writing (and bad, but plenty of good) they just dumped it all when they decided literally everything must be voice acted.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Soonmot posted:

this is what really did it. You already have publishers saying that players need to experience everything in one play through. Having to spend money on voice acting multiple conversational outcomes? I dread the next Elder Scrolls where they decide the PC needs a voice actor.

As long as the hero is a Khajiit, I'll accept it.

GunnerJ posted:

Wait... what?

Some of the Elder Scrolls lore is really weird.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Wait, is the SPERG guy a hugboxer now? I thought that guy was cool.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Don't use ENB, use ReShade. It's much more user friendly and it lets you adjust things in real time.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I like that Ulfric's really not clean in that story. Torygg was a huge fan of his and probably would have backed him, but Ulfric wanted to be high king so he walked in and basically murdered him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The Dark Brotherhood quest is great because you can just kill her when she tries to recruit you and work with the cops to deal with the crazy corpse-worshiping assassins.