Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

5. HOLY poo poo YOU CAN LOOT THE TORTURER'S HOOD IN THE INTRO SEQUENCE???

Whoa, that wasn't always in the game? :stare: I thought something felt off when I looted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Is there a way to change the sprint key from a toggle to a hold? I didn't like that in Fallout 4 and I don't like it here.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah, only Paarthurnax and Alduin have English lines, I think.

I was going to say that there was one other dragon with English lines that you only met after completing the main story, but then I remembered I was thinking of Dragon's Dogma :v:

There's also the one you trap in Whiterun who flies you to the final dungeon.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

There's also Durnehviir, who you meet in the Soul Cairn. But I understand if you've forgotten that place.

Speaking of, is anyone aware of a mod that lets you skip the Soul Cairn, à la the Skip the Fade mod for Dragon Age: Origins? Because the Soul Cairn is boring and terrible.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

When Vampires Attack never seems to work properly for me, too many NPCs cower out in the open instead of seeking shelter. I prefer this mod, which outright disables the attacks, and it also works in Special Edition with no conversion necessary.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're on SPecial Edition, I don't think anybody else has ported them to SE, but I made a combined version for SE.

Does this include the Blackreach bypass?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

It should be outside of the jail and to the left of its entrance, if memory serves me correctly.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Which entrance? The one in Dragonsreach?
The one off to the right of Dragonsreach's exterior, the chest should look like this

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

atomicgeek posted:

Got a hair question. Are there any hair mods that aren't anime/fetish bullshit? I like the kinda rough look of the vanilla hair textures, but I'd just like more variety of hairstyles for my bosmer. Actually, failing that, is there a way to reliably open up human hairstyles for elven characters (my favorite hair is that human lady style with two braid loops at the neckline)? I'm playing on SE and I do plan to try converting Race Plus, but failing that, if anyone has recommendations in the meantime, I'm all ears.

Hallgarth's Additional Hair sounds like what you're looking for, a basic expansion of the vanilla hairstyles: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7992
It doesn't open up human hair to elves, though, to my recollection.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

I still get pumped at the idea of "dynamic dragon attacks".
When I first played the Civil War questline and was inside the walls of Windhelm for the final battle, a dragon showed up in the middle of all the soldiers and started breathing fire on everyone. I thought that was such a cool little setpiece and was disappointed when I found out it was just a glitch. So I agree with you.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I liked Legacy better when it was less ambitious in scope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Flowing Thot posted:

Started playing Helgen Reborn and wow this is some real edgelord grim dark poo poo huh. What a terrible mod.

It's an old Skyrim mod and it shows.