Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's kind of unreadable IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
MONKEYCHEESE! SPORK SPORK SPORK POTATO DANCE

I'm so random and wacky it's hilarious!!!!!!!! Laugh! Why don't you laugh?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

scamtank posted:

and correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that not even Morrowind modders left loving stock photo watermarks on their textures

loving lol.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

I honestly think there should be a separate thread for modding on the console once Remastered is released, solely because when I was playing on ps3, there was nothing more frustrating than hearing "just use the console to fix it!" Whenever I had a bug.

So basically you need a console in your console? I think you'll have to hire Xzibit.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Since we're talking about Bethesda, you need to mod it to stop the crashes in the first place.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Also people tend to confuse "challenge" and "tedium".

"Let's make it so that you have to straferun around this monster for two a full 120 minutes before it finally deigns to die. There are 50 of them in the first dungeon. Your reward is a supersword that allows you to kill them in only 115 minutes, I know it's a bit OP but then again the quest is over after that anyway."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kerning Chameleon posted:

God forbid you have Windows 10, making that whole section worthless.

No, I'm not bitter that Skyrim SE will be 64-bit but my precious New Vegas never will be, shut up.

Maybe there'll be an OpenFonv in the same way there's an OpenMW? It could even use OpenMW as a starting point, since the FO3/FONV engine is based on the Oblivion engine which is based on the Morrowind engine. So now that OpenMW is very close to feature-completeness, we could imagine people forking it off to make an OpenOB and then people forking that off to make OpenFO3, paralleling the development of the proprietary engine.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Based on their story about how during Oblivion's development they'd get civil wars started by an NPC's desire to spend a few hours raking but another NPC had already grabbed the rake, I figure minimizing the RAI packages for Fallout NPCs was in large part to avoid having to tune and retune and finetune NPC behavior constantly. And in New Vegas, since it was developed by other people, they probably didn't want to bother too much learning how RAI worked so they used it as little as possible.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think the complex stories were what they wanted RAI to actually do, and the complete clusterfucks nobody would want to have happen to a serious playthrough is what they actually got, so I'll totally buy that they had to nerf RAI to be less of a game-breaker. Can't be fun to have the questgivers all murdered by other NPCs because an entire village decided to annihilate itself over a broomstick dispute.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

Goon KM2 posted this image in the Enderal thread, and I think you should make it the title image of this thread, Gunner:

Should be animated to have the green bar moving back and forth.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

double nine posted:

some sort of memory leak that builds up when crashing maybe?

<- computer illiterate here so if that doesn't make sense ... please explain?

No, not possible. The OS keeps track of all the memory allocated by an application and forcefully frees all of it when the application stops running, be it through a crash or through normal exit.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kinda makes me want to release completely stupid, pointless, buggy trash while roleplaying as a diva. "Yes, all this mod does is rename every single NPC to Bobo. Voice acting isn't affected though, but who even listen to the NPCs anyway? No it's not compatible with USLEEP, but why would you care? It's art, you unworthy public! Of course you don't understand the beauty of my Production. Anyway, feel free to reuse my work in whatever you want, as long as you refer to me as the Patron Saint of your own productions. Namaste."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If any did, they were banned, blocked, and had their comment deleted.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GunnerJ posted:

Jesus, everything related to HDT physics just got rekt.

oh noes my waifu's boobs wont bounce anymore what will we do the horror the horror

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Davoren posted:

Can't wait for SKSESE.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Frogfingers posted:

loving hell I forgot the numpad keys are "reserved". What mod do I have to wait for so I can rebind WASD to 5123?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88/ perhaps?
I think there was an ini tweak you could do for that, though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

scamtank posted:

I was so not a fan of how terrible-looking the collectable gems and minerals were

Those are the gems whose textures still bear the watermarks of the photo reference sites from which they were downloaded, aren't they? Also it gives you a 20% FPS penalty.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

My personal favorite "quirk" of using Wrye Bash for games that don't have "Morrowind" in the title

For Morrowind, you should use Wrye Mash. :colbert:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
How many people were fans of these games back in the days? I'm always kind of surprised there's a demand for immersive, realistic dysentery and gangrene simulators.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

USSEP.

When I saw "UESP" linked as a mod I wondered if people had somehow managed to put the wiki in mod form.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

no bones about it posted:

He probably ported the UESP wholesale without checking every fix from oldrim to see if it broke poo poo in SE.

UESP != USSEP

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jordan7hm posted:

Is Clockwork any good?

If you want a big luxurious castle, yes.

Personally I don't like it because I find it not rugged enough; screenshots like this makes me feel like I'm in a 19th century townhouse instead of a fantasy vikingland castle. But that's just a question of taste, not of quality.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

Id say just put an icon next to the ones that have been converted. Like maybe :goatsecx: or :goatdrugs: or :cumpolice: or :gogtears:

Put :awesomelon: next to the modern future 64-bit Skyrim links; and :corsair: next to old 32-bit fossil Skyrim links.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GunnerJ posted:

Seasonal change is kind of a no go because you'd actually need different versions of the entire overworld, I think. Dunno how to make things snowier but there are mods that will beef up the various storms.

To think Arena and Daggerfall could change textures dynamically, and Skyrim can't. SMH

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Berkshire Hunts posted:

I know I have the ~*~wrong console for modding~*~

All consoles are bad for modding.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

CascadeBeta posted:

Ordinator has two base perk ranks that increase the effectiveness of your skill by X/X*2.

What a weird formula. Not sure if it prioritize left-to-right or right-to-left, but either way: (X/X)*2 will always be 2, and X/(X*2) will always be 0.5. So what's the point of bringing in X in the first place?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

KakerMix posted:

Yesterday was the first time I've tried a real ENB preset rather than just using the game and various lighting mods. Not a fan at all.
I realize that it's a preset and 'o man this one is the good one' is a thing that can be said but it truly does feel like ENB settings are a game of Skyrim photoshop filters that are constantly outrunning the subtle of itself. Instead of a very slight setting that makes the sunshafts visible it's like people crank it up 200% or more just to be able to see it.

To be honest all the talks about ENBs and hires texture packs just remind me of this stupid comic:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rinkles posted:

Silly question maybe: what's the best way to cut down an enormous inventory?

My game stability has really deteriorated recently. I'm not getting getting CTDs non stop, but much more frequently than initially. I'm worried it's related to my horse's overloaded baggage (feature of convenient horses). There's also ever more noticeable slow down when accessing the inventory.

Should I distribute the contents between containers, sell most of the stuff, delete it via console (don't know how to do that yet)?

Well. First thing first: what stuff do you actually use constantly, or at least frequently? Put it aside, and get rid of the rest.

Now for getting rid of stuff you don't use, ask yourself the question: are you a video game hoarder? If so, then seek therapy buy a house, furnish it, and put everything into containers. Now you've got all your useless junk adventuring mementos of great sentimental value safely squirreled away in a dozen chests and barrels, and you can keep only what you actually need.

If you're not a hoarder, just sell all your adventuring mementos of great sentimental value useless junk to merchants, convert all this baggage into useful septims.

And let your horse rest a bit, the poor beast.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

Okay, I saw this original comic a few days ago on facebook, and had to (heh) mod it into this:

(I even tried to match the ingame font for each game...)

Hitscan combat? In Skyrim? People who say that don't know or understand what hitscans are.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Same, Dawnguard is mostly worth it for the crossbow. I don't care much about playing a vampire, it has always seemed to be too melodramatic and angsty for a proper fantasy hero. (Even when I played V:tM I wanted my characters to be more about being cool and having fun than about either weeping about their lost humanity or relishing in their barbaric monstrosity, which sadly seemed to be the only choices offered by the setting.) I did like puzzling out the Soulcairn, and the vampire lord form was fun for a two minute laugh, but getting back to normal was a no-brainer.

Crossbows are cool, though. Love my crossbows.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't met vampires yet but I've been jumped a time or two by gibbering lunatics. If one lands an attack I am infected with something. Being unwilling to deal with that I've reloaded each time until I can kill it with it attacking me. I'm assuming this is expansion related? I haven't played there expansions, only the base game modded and unmodded around release.

I don't know what mod added them, but they're most probably werewolves in human form, as a throwback to Morrowind+Bloodmoon.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Because Skyrim combat is fun and engaging, so people want more of it. Obviously.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

When you have more fun playing with the sticks-up-their-asses vampire hunters than the actual castlevania vampires, somebody hosed up somewhere.

Vampires suck.

It's, like, an integral part of their very existence. They literally and figuratively suck, it's all they ever do.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The only good part of being a vampire lord is that when you've had a lovely day you can transform and then laugh at how dumb your character looks.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
That'd probably be more at home in the the Morrowind mod thread.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Oh god, I have no idea which mod is doing this -

If you play on PC, just open the console and click on one of the things that you wonder what it's from. Its form ID will be displayed. Note the first two character, they are the hex number of the mod it's from, in your load order, knowing that 00 is Skyrim.esm, 01 is Update.esm, 02 to 04 will be the DLC, and 05+ will be mods you added.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I think that TES6 will show the Dragonborn siding with the Stormcloak and with the Dark Brotherhood to be canon.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm betting that the emperor's murder will have happened and the empire will have been pushed out of Skyrim. Possibly also High Rock for other reasons, putting an end to the empire as, well, an empire.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The situation of siding with the Empire (collaborationist with the fascist Thalmor whose ultimate aim is the destruction of the world) or siding with the Stormcloak (very fascist themselves) kind of reminds me of the choice people in Eastern Europe during WW2 had to do: side with the Nazis against the Soviets, or side with the Soviets against the Nazis? Both sides are awful. I've never played the Civil War questline because I can't bring myself to choose a side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I bet they don't need a dedicated torturer because Ulfric does it personally. He's a freak. Ulfreak.