Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Archonex posted:

The racist has a quest associated with him too. Or at one point had one. Hence why you can't shank him immediately.

he's a potential target for one of the thieves guild "steal things from a random person" quests, which is why he's essential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
MLU SE has patches to remove the changes to tempering and encounter zones, though you're still stuck with the other crafting changes

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Psion posted:

is there any value whatsoever in doing both? I make and use merged patches, so I'm not trying to argue you're wrong, just curious if there's anything a bashed patch will touch that a merged one won't

iirc bashed patches handle leveled lists better than merged patches, provided your mods have the proper bash tags

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
so what, when you want to uninstall a texture mod you go through your texture directory and delete each file individually?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/7mqd23/are_there_any_mods_that_will_let_me_lick_a_womans/

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Is there a way to make sacrosanct work well with better vamps? Maybe I just missed it from the compatibility descriptions.

from sacrosanct's compatibility page

quote:

Better Vampires: Incompatible. Both mods modify the same content. A compatibility patch is available on the Better Vampires page (classic/SSE). Warning: Instead of combining both mods, the compatibility patch is designed to prioritise Better Vampires. It removes most mortal form features from Sacrosanct (all innate and racial abilities, draining, blood magic progression, blue blood quest, Sacrosanct thirst stages, vampire rank progression, several powers and spells), breaks some perks related to feeding (Psychic Vampire, Foster Childe, Amaranth, White Wolf) and edits perks in unintended ways to match its own balance approach (Lamae's Pyre). For this reason, I will not provide support for Sacrosanct if the patch is used, and issues in mortal form should be reported to the author of Better Vampires.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
so going back to modlists for a minute, it looks like nordic skyrim has been taken down over some drama

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

DrNutt posted:

Yeah that's one part of tucoguide I still don't understand. He has you install all of the Bijin stuff, but then has you hide the relevant esps, and then has you download the all in one. Am I insane for thinking if you wanted the lovely Bijin real doll mods that you could just download, you know, the all in one to begin with?

the all-in-one is just a combined esp, no face textures or meshes

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

Does the Switch version have access to mods?

it can if you're willing to mod your console and risk eating a ban

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
So it turns out Skyrim Together has been stealing code from the script extender.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Have the patches even been bug related at all? I thought they were all creation club updates.

there were some minor bug fixes that have been in the unofficial patch for ages

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
no, you're best option is using violens to disable kill moves on the player

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
it's also available here and has been for three months.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

Very quick question. I have skyrim special edition and mod organiser isn't recognising it. I googled this problem and found this thread https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/1037 which suggets insalling a previous version (2).

Is this correct?

use Mod Organizer 2

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
it's probably SXP

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
They do, but they also fix some bugs

For the 1.5.73 update in march
  • Small backend changes for PC, XB1, and PS4.
  • Thieves Guild Hood will no longer disappear if player is a vampire (second instance on the variant record).
  • Vegetable Soup and Venison Stew now properly restore health.
  • Fixed a lighting error on the doors of Solitude (best seen on the door to Blue Palace).
  • Removed an extraneous floor piece from Folgunthur.
at least one of these was already in the unofficial patch

For the 1.5.80 update in june
  • Fixed an issue with specular lighting on skin.
this ended up breaking the fix for specular lighting on skin that most ENBs implement

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Apparently it didn't, since that's from almost three years ago and Sheson is still working on DynDOLOD.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
KS Hairdos adds new hairs, it doesn't replace them.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fuzz posted:

Hence the linked mod, which turns it into a replacer?

It replaces the .esp fron KS Hairdos, not the hairstyles in Skyrim.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
If you plan on using WICO I definitely recommend using the WICO cleanup script

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Arthmoor's mad about modlist auto-installers so now the Oldrim Unofficial Patch is being distributed as an .exe to prevent it from being auto-installed. (It didn't work.)

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Annath posted:

I am having an issue with water flickering and water sounds stuttering when I am moving near said water. Standing still is fine.

Google is saying it is an issue with my monitor being 144Hz? (How that affects sound I do not know), but how do I cap the frame rate at 120? Or 60? I don't see it as an option in the launcher settings.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18160

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
There's Joy of Perspective which requires a patch for any mod-added armors and for any mod that modifies races, there's Immersive First Person View which .NET Script Framework which hasn't been updated since last January, and there's Improved Camera which is still in beta and needs some issues worked out, but of the three is easily the only real choice.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I also wanted to install Follower Commentary Overhaul, but that seems to have a Form 43 issue. I fixed that issue with A Quality World Map by loading and saving the mod, but I'm not sure if that'll fix it in this case.

it will

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Use the Wildcat MCM to reduce the damage multipliers.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
CreationKit Fixes has been updated for the latest version of the Creation Kit, so that's not an issue (right now).

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
It was a necessary step to catch certain ITMs when cleaning masters using the old method. Now that quickautoclean exists, you don't actually need to do that unless you want more granularity when looking at those types of records in xEdit.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's anything that has the ArmorMaterialLeather or ArmorMaterialHide keywords. In the base game, that's "Leather Armor", "Vampire Armor", "Vampire Royal Armor", "Fur Armor", "Hide Armor", "Studded Armor", and "Skaal Coat". Any mod-added armor that uses one of those two keywords will work with the perk.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Plus, the "over 800 mods" probably includes a bunch of texture/mesh replacers, which usually don't require an ESP.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Floating Healthbars, Floating Damage, and Simple Lock-On

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Identical to Master records are a problem in mods because, if a mod with an ITM is loaded later than a mod that changes the same record, it will override the mod that changes the record, causing one of your mods to not function as intended. The base game's ESM files should be loaded before any mods, so ITMs in there are entirely irrelevant. IIRC, it was more of a problem in FO3/Oblivion, because the Creation Kit for those games would add any record opened at all to your mod, resulting in ITMs being significantly more common, even in the DLC.

Deleted records, on the other hand, can definitely cause problems, because if a mod references a record in certain ways, and another mod flags that record as deleted, it will cause the game to crash. Undeleting and disabling the record prevents that crash, though I don't know if any of the deleted records in any of the ESMs are anything that a mod would reference, and it's not even possible to get a version of Skyrim without the DLC anymore, so there's no reason you should be referencing a record that gets deleted by one of the DLCs.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hey, does anyone have any experience with the Static Skill Leveling mod? I'm currently level 11 and I seem to have run into a bug. I can't raise certain skills by more than one more point, and other skills at all, and yet other skills aren't effected at all. When I can't raise the skills, I get a pop up that says "you need to level up before you can raise this skill further". I had skill raises per level un capped, but also tried changing them to 10 points. I'm about to restart Skyrim and see if that helps.

Static Skill Levelling is designed to work with (but doesn't require) Experience, which in addition to giving XP based on things other than raising your skills, caps how high you can raise a skill based on your level. If you're using a modpack, check to see if Experience is included.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Isn’t merging all the mods that affect leveled lists still generally something you should do?

you want to create a patch that merges the changes, you don't want to merge the mods themselves

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61577

quote:

For those who like to wear the Amulet of Mara

This mod enables both same sex and opposite sex relationship dialogue options to the Amulet of Mara

This mod makes very few edits.

Red Metal fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 9, 2022

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

winterwerefox posted:

I think I figured out what I was doing stupid. I was using vortex to download mods, and install them, while using mod organizer to turn them on and off. and skyrim did not like that.

i do not like that, why would you do that

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
while esls technically have a 4096 hard limit, the actual esl limit ends up being way lower depending on how many records each esl adds (see https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/625)

quote:

Q: Are there any restrictions on how many of these ESPFEs you can use?

A: SSE can theoretically handle up to 4096 mods in FE space (be they ESL or ESPFE), but there's also a restriction on how many total FormIDs they collectively add. A single ESL/ESPFE can only add 2048 FormIDs, and if every single ESL/ESPFE you use adds a maximum 2048 FormID's, this brings the total number of mods you can load in FE space down to 300. Which is still a hell of a lot, and the vast majority of mods in ESL space aren't going to add that many FormIDs. The biggest patch on this page modifies less than 80 FormID's, and not a single one of them *adds* a new FormID, so I think the term "featherweight" is appropriate. Let me reiterate that *modified* records do not count against any of these limits - only new records in your ESPFE plugin count, and patches rarely need to have any new records.

on top of that, the exe can only open so many files handles at once. by default, the cap is 512 files, but SSE Engine Fixes increases that to 2048. so the plugins + whatever script/mesh/texture/config/etc files skyrim reads on start may be bumping into that limit

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
From the comments section of SSL

quote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Broken with latest Skyrim v1.6.629
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This happens about once a year, where Bethesda demonstrates a complete lack of concern for the greater Skyrim modding community, and proceeds to break SKSE and every mod that has any dependency on it, or any user-created DLLs. I have it in my backlog to refactor the mod to not have any third party SKSE dependencies, but it's a very low priority for me. It's aggravating to have to continuously come here and inform people it's broken and just wait and hope that the third party updates their libraries.

Skyrim 64-bit version support is listed below. Please choose your version accordingly

1.6.629 - Not Supported
1.6.353 - Supported with Static Skill Leveling v3.1
1.5.97 - Supported with Static Skill Leveling v2.1

So yes, it's a DLL problem.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
characters in-game refer to redbelly mine as an iron mine, but there were no iron nodes in there, only ebony nodes

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Additionally, even without light plugins, you have mods (like mesh and texture replacements) that don't necessarily require a plugin file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
it's pretty much identical