Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Agents are GO! posted:

Im going to give that a shot next playthrough but my god man what has this modder done to their NPCs:

:barf:

Edit: and a serif font. Double :barf:

What? I can't see anything because of the immersive DOF.

Why do so many people turn Skyrim into a myopia simulator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Psion posted:

eye-murder DOF can be useful if your intent is to post a neato screenshot that gets lots of thumbs-up on Nexus, or more specifically to focus your attention on whatever's in the foreground which is usually a waifu. The key thing to remember is you can also toggle it off. I really doubt the majority of the DOF-death screens you see are what people play with. It takes like five seconds to toggle it on for a screenshot and then off again.

think of it this way: it's a lot easier to just blur the gently caress out of the background than to try and find UHD 8K woodgrain textures like the guy who posted above me. :v:

e: ok I'm sure some people play with it on but they're dumb

Enderal's DOF is almost as nausea inducing as in that screencap.
It's easy to turn it off, but why they decided on that particular level of DOF just baffles me.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
I wish he would make it compatible with Open Cities, which is a completely unrelated mod.
Btw Open CIties runs great on the SE, getting a constant 60fps everywhere. I would fps drops into the 20's on the old version.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

quote:

Seal skin thongs, therefore, were less likely to result in frozen sweat being trapped between the buttocks.
That does sound unpleasant.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Cat Mattress posted:

Hey, dumb question: did Bethesda ever fix up the special edition's wonky audio or what?

They did: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/3048/skyrim-special-edition-1-1-51-steam-beta

The files in Sounds.bsa are all in wav format at least.

Edit: Oh God, can someone give me a small loan so I can change my avatar?

gasman fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 10, 2017

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

NiftyBottle posted:

Your avatar is now some lovely art of mine, enjoy.

Fantastic. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

graynull posted:

You know, for all the dragon dildo thongs and horse speculum armor, you'd think I could find a single mod to add some shirtless leather pants mod for a male character. Looking around the SE Nexus for a bit and can't find anything worthwhile. Was trying out some Elder Scrolls Legends and one of the breton avatars gave me some inspiration for my next character, but such a simple armor seems hard to find. Also looked for some modular armor mods and didn't see anything too promising outside of 'stack bags and poo poo on your full body armor'.

The guy on the right was the art in question.

How about these?
https://old.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72855/

https://old.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89040/

Should work in SE without issues.