Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know where to ask, but I just installed Morrowind, since I haven't played it before, and installed that big graphics overhaul dealie. Are there any other quality of life mods I should install?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GunnerJ posted:

Try checking like the fourth sentence of the OP maybe?

God drat it. :saddowns:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If all I have is a GT 710, I should probably stick with the FXAA injector instead of ENB, right?

Not than I can find an ENB compatible with my ENBoost, anyway.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, it can run Skyrim in high settings, but I dunno if you really should be pushing ultra high before loving around ENB things.(the lights part, already have the boost up and running)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kedo posted:

Is there an SSE mod that makes enemies less of pincushions at Legendary difficulty? I just hit the point in my pure mage play through where I went from cowering in the shadows and abusing geometry to exploding everything in my path into a fine red mist, so I want to increase the difficulty. However the "shoot 100 fireballs at this guy instead of 20" thing drives me nuts. My goal is for combat to be deadly for both myself and my enemies.

I had something like this for vanilla Skyrim, but I went through a Windows reinstall recently and lost my old mod list.

Does SkyTweak work for SSE? If so, you can adjust the damage taken/given by difficulty level.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stefan Prodan posted:

Are there any mods for PS4 that change alchemy in any cool ways, or is that just not doable on console?

I realize I should prob just be playin this on PC but hell I got a big cool OLED a couple months ago and I wanted to play something cool looking on it so I'm tryin the 4k version on PS4

PS4 might be hard, since they won't let modders use anything but in-game resources.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

skyrim works really good with a controller on pc, for what its worth

There's a nice controller mod for it, too. I use it and think it's better than the vanilla controller.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1177/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

I made one too, it's not nearly as different from vanilla - or as over-engineered as the one above.

Also, regarding mods with keyboard shortcuts: You can disable the controller, set your keyboard shortcuts, re-enable your controller, and still use keyboard shortcuts.

PS I dont follow sports but your avatar makes me chuckle every time.

If you start, don't become a Jaguars fan. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wormil posted:

Really? Literally everything I've read says the exact opposite.

I don't hate FO4 or think it's a bad game, but yeah, New Vegas is much, much better.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man In Motion (St. Elmo's Fire)

:colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frostfall was like... install it for a couple hours, then uninstall. Tedious and didn't add much.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh. It didn't really add any difficulty, just pointless busywork

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bee posted:

I'm remembering that I totally have Dawnguard and Dragonborn now, and the "mod the gently caress out of Skyrim and maybe play it a bit" itch is coming back to hit me hard. When I did mod the game I used SPERG, but now I'm noticing some insane-looking SPERG-Ordinator combination patch that seems to add a ton of ridiculous perks. They actually look like really fun additions, although I'm wondering how cluttered the perk tree must look with all of them combined. What do you guys think of it? Too gimmicky, or a good addition?

I like it, but I also use Disparity, along with Skytweaks to slow down leveling.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bee posted:

Makes sense. I figured I'd use Imperious for the same thing, but both look quite interesting.

I imagine the Sperg-Ordinator patch makes for a pretty hefty combination. Are there any known incompatibilities with it I'd need to watch out for? I imagine a lot of the loot ones are fine, but I'm a lot less sure about stuff like magic overhauls and Dwemer crafting being fully compatible.

I'm running it with Apocalypse and haven't noticed anything bad yet.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5932/

If you don't use this mod, are you really even playing Skyrim?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Use the zoidberg one dude

This one is funnier. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siets posted:

Your posting is tedious and doesn't add much.

Frostfall owns. More immersion mods please modmakers.

stop being mean, Siets. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Get bent, Randaconda has the funniest avatar in this joint. I smile every time I see it.

Edit: Pouty lil jaguar!

He's not pouty, goon Febreeze drew all 32 NFL mascots if they were fat.

http://uproxx.com/webculture/32-team-logos-fat/

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kly posted:

hi im new to skyrim modding. i had a question about the crafting overhaul thing in the op, CCO. if i download the other mods mentioned (jaysus swords cloaks ect) and i enable them in the mod config menu will they equip NPC and junk with the items?

oh also the cco page says something about a bashed patch. how important is that?

A bashed patch is important if more than one thing messes with the level lists, or if more than one mod messes with the same thing. It also improves stability.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
catte :3:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kly posted:

ok cool, thanks. I definitely need a bashed path if im using CCO and wic cloaks ect. i looked at the instructions to make a bashed patch from the CCO nexus page and its a little overwhelming. I need to run some LOOT program first and it has to follow meta rules or something?
I don't really mess with that part much, I just run Loot and let it reorder the stuff, then run Wyre Bash

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, press the sort plugins button, then apply it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kly posted:

is it like jaysus and cloaks where i just download, uncheck the .esp and enable it in CCO?

its weird that adding mods to this game is somehow addictive...

I mean, are you really even playing Skyrim with less than a hundred mods?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varance posted:

I'm loving disappointed that the Tampa Bay Bucs logo wasn't just the flag with sans photoshopped onto it.

with what 'shopped onto it?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varance posted:

The head of this guy from Undertale:

Oh, I haven't played Undertale.

:negative:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Immersive Citizens conflicts with a shitload of mods, and the guy who made it throws a tantrum anytime somebody tries to fix it or release a patch.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Look at this, it's the most incorrect opinion I've seen in this thread, including the advice to "just use NMM."

NMM doesn't cause me problems. :ohdear:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm liking the Improved Dragon Shouts mod for Oldrim, so Shouts aren't so bad at higher levels.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe somebody can help me out.

I finally switched to MO, and it works fine when I make a merged patch, but when I go to the next step and make a bashed patch, it'll start a new game, but the bed in Live Another Life won't work, and it then will, without fail, ctd on when I try to load.

I didn't merge any mods, just waned to merge the leveled lists, and it won't work.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

Any of the default area overhauls (like JK's cities) so good as to be worth it in any play through? Been ages since I played, and even longer since I played without grabbing every area redesign I could find, figured I'd go for more vanilla experience with respect to the world but thought if there was any exceptional redesigns I'd check them out.

I use JK's Cities, and it's pretty nice.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Don't forget the high resolution silverware textures.

Same, but posh mudcrabs instead.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My comp probably couldn't run the special edition, but Oldrim is still fun.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

If you can run the classic edition, you can probably also run the special edition. The only differences in requirements are 8 gigabytes of RAM (instead of 4) and a Win64 system (but who still uses Win32 anyway).

But I can confirm that 8 gigs of RAM are absolutely necessary, though. The game can start with less, but it'll be utterly unplayable as it'll be constantly swapping stuff between RAM and disk. We're talking stuff like a full minute between hitting Escape and finally getting the menu up so you can quit.

It's not the RAM, it's my ghetto rear end cpu, Intel Core Duo e8500. :negative:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Here we just mock you with Randaconda-themed smileys: :randno:

:randpop:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Falken posted:

The Pony Scrolls 5 SE

It's too early in the morning for me to source a generic Warhammer 40k heresy image, so just imagine there's a picture of a really cross member of the ecclesiarchy below.

:randno:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I assume that at least Hermaeus Mora (and possibly Mehrunes Dagon) would be happy with getting the soul of Alduin, the World-Eater and avatar of Akatosh, instead of yours.

But you don't get Alduin's soul?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Also Torygg was a kid at the time.

He was married.

Ulfric did nothing wrong. :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

On oldrim, there was Skytweak, but I don't know if anything equivalent has been made for SE, or if it's been ported. :randno:

Also Randaconda I want your old avatar back.

Hell, same.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bob NewSCART posted:

To add onto this actually, I’m doing some testing once I’m done going through and cleaning the DLCs with tes5edit to see if I can only have the tweaks to leveling and stuff that SPERG offers, while using the perk trees from ordinator. It just depends if I can disable the SPERG trees in its options or not. Anyone know if this is possible? Also are still people making bash patches?

I make bash patches, but i still play Oldrim.

I also still use Climates of Tamriel. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agents are GO! posted:

Pretty sure you still can.

:randno:

(Somebody's real salty about those smileys.)

It's kinda cute how mad they are. :3: