Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Is there some secret non-horrible hair mod or just retexture of vanilla hair for Skyrim SE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

Exactly as you might guess - kind of a perma-roll until you toggle it again.
Hmm, developers of SSE were clearly inspired by PVP in ESO.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of Good(TM) SE mods yet, like the OP is for Oldrim?

Also is there a good mod manager out for it yet?
Maybe try this list? But there are not many mods (yet).

And I think developer of Mod Organizer was hired by Nexus to work on Nexus Mod Manager? So there won't be Mod Organizer for SE, but NMM might be less poo poo.

Edit: Oh, right, so there is MO for SE now, developed by some other people.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Feb 5, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

So I remember reading about open cities and gategate years ago. I would have thought that it would have sorted itself out by now, but the Open Cities page on the nexus has comments indicating that there are still oblivion gates in the cities, and a 'patch' won't be available until the script extender is out. Is that correct or does anybody know a guy where I can get this mod sans gates? I checked that mod piracy reddit :shh: in the OP but didn't find anything there.
You can always just target gates in console and type disable. But I never used that mod, so I am not sure if it changes also something else (some surroundings...)?

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 6, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Former Human posted:

Sorry if this has been answered, but is there a mod that works for the SE that lets you recruit more than one follower at a time? I think I found one on Nexus but you have to be a member to download large files and registering an account costs money :confused:
No, no no no. You can just scroll down to 'create account' without paying anything. I never paid them and I can download large files, although the download speed is limited to 1 MB/s I think.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

They all look like they're going to start crying. I guess it's based on modder's experience.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Max Wilco posted:

Something I've thought about recently, though, is why Skyrim:SE and Fallout 4 even require a script extender. What I mean by that is that at this point, you'd think Bethesda would have looked at what the mod community has done and tried to build their game in such a way where it's easier for mod authors to work with the game without the need for script extenders or anything like that. The fact that Skyrim:SE still has the same default UI from six years ago when SkyUI exists is kind of baffling. Additionally, when you look at the stuff that modders like TrainWiz have done with the game, you wonder why Bethesda doesn't hire anyone based off their work.
They are lazy and their games are getting worse, they released SE with same bugs that were fixed years ago by unofficial patches.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Azhais posted:

Is there any SSE mod that helps you track down errant children? Mine has gone missing. Sounds like I could probably just adopt a second one and tell him we're moving and the other would magically reappear, but I'd rather have a radio tracker mod if such a thing exists
You can probably just type in console: player.moveto <actor ID> or prid <actor ID> and then moveto player to find it. Actor IDs are at uesp http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Adoption#Adoptable_Children

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Stefan Prodan posted:

but man I wish they had better writers.
TES was never known for good writing. On the other hand, Witcher games are based on some very well written books. Most of the characters are already well-characterized in the books.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 4, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Yeah, Morrowind managed to break the mold and I still remember it fondly. Maybe I should've written "Bethesda's writing and world-building was interesting 15 years ago and it was interesting only occasionally since then." I believe that TES games were/are mostly played for their open-worldness and first-person RPG sandboxing, some people probably noticed craziness of the lore behind it in case they bothered to read the books, but MW was basically only game where craziness of that world was visible in-game (and Shivering Isles felt like an attempt to return to it), because Kirkbride also did the concept art and not only some of the writing.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Overheating hardware would (likely) freeze your whole system and not just kick you into a main menu.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Why is it weird?

But... Cyrodiil already exists in a newer engine (in TES:O) and it is still boring and bland area just like in the original game!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Lunethex posted:

I suppose it's a known issue that NMM is slow, lovely, fails to perform simple tasks and crashes for no reason?
I would expect it to improve somehow since the MO author is working on it.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I don't know how the :nexus: keeps getting worse, but it's happening.
Echo chambers (aka circlejerks) do it you.

I was initially reluctant to use Mod Drop, because MxR endorsed it and some semi-decent modders were against it, but after reading this thread, I hope it will succeed, just to spite :nexus:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

The mod author used resources from a parodic brony mod to made an unironic brony mod? Interesting.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I knew it would be something dumb once I saw that frog avatar, but it exceeded my expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Randaconda posted:

is it supposed to be Serana? Isn't that the elder scroll peeking out? :randno:
Nah, unless they remodeled that scroll. I am pretty sure it's some 'this is not :pedo:, because that kid is actually ancient vampire, don't ban me pls' sort of mod. Which is, well, not much better.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 2, 2018