Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I always just used LOOT to get the load order. It launches out of MO2 but you have to get in it when you think you’ve added something that needs to be sorted.

Never really had any problems I could attribute to load order using it and the game always ran in spite of my baffling and sometimes redundant choices first time using Skyrim mods last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Does the Anniversary Edition need to be patched by USSEP?

I was kind of assuming it did for some reason but I guess not.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

aers posted:

ENB SE just straight up has massive overhead due to the way Boris implemented it. You can easily test this by disabling every single feature but leaving ENB actually enabled, there should still be a significant FPS hit.

If you just want color correction setting something up with Reshade will probably significantly improve your framerate. If you want ENB bells and whistles, well, you're stuck with it.

Mine goes from low 20s to low 40s with one checkbox on the ENB panel (I forget the dialogue but it's the main one)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I installed Bethesda's Creation Kit on my AE installation. Is there any way to use that install to work on SE files in an another installation? Do I need to create another (portable somehow?) installation of Bethesda.net and CK just to open and save one wonky FNIS spell animation?

CK is set to open any .esp file but opening one in the SE installation auto-loads all the AE .esms and says it won't save to the SE directory I opened from.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I installed Bethesda's Creation Kit on my AE installation. Is there any way to use that install to work on SE files in an another installation? Do I need to create another (portable somehow?) installation of Bethesda.net and CK just to open and save one wonky FNIS spell animation?

CK is set to open any .esp file but opening one in the SE installation auto-loads all the AE .esms and says it won't save to the SE directory I opened from.

So in lieu of an elegant solution I uninstalled CK from my AE install and moved it to SE. It's inconvenient but fortunately I'm not switching back and forth between the two a lot.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
They said there would be a fix this week for the Black Sounds of Death.

That would be nice because a bunch of mods that can and will work will also tank the game after a while. Things like Wearable Lanterns, a bunch of follower add-ons, Serana dialogue add-on, Inigo. All sort of work and then BSOD when you load which totally locks up my system. Only choice is to ctrl+alt+del and sign out, then hit esc as various programs close and hope it just closes Skyrim.

e: oh god I just looked in steam and there's an update required :sweatdrop:

BaldDwarfOnPCP fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 24, 2021

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fat Samurai posted:

Thinking of starting a new run, modding pretty heavily (I've only played Vanilla+QoL before). I have read something about the Anniversary Edition overwriting the SE even if you don't buy the [strike]horse armour[/strike] curated mods, and all the mods needing to be updated before they work after the update.

Does everything work right now, or should I wait another couple of weeks or three?

The SE update had all the troubles of AE. Then there was an update that fixed a lot of the BSOD issues with large scripted mods hanging while loading a save file. Pretty sure some things however were broken by the update and will not be fixed. SSE Engine fixes got an amazing out of the blue beta release but I've never gotten it to work because the old .dll files seem to be incompatible (or I'm an idiot.)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

But with the choice between "Roman legion sad it lost to elves and taking their orders now" and "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Nordic children" I'll go with the first choice every time.

Right?

Also General Tullius is voiced by Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh from BSG) :allears:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Burns posted:

So far as i see, the AE doesnt add in anything worthwhile anyway.

It's supposed to have performance benefits. Which the hang on loading screen shows. Visual Studio 2019 is a lot faster I guess.

I wonder if the "fix" was a revert to 2015.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Oxyclean posted:

One thing that really irks me about NexusMods is them deactivating your account if you don't use it for awhile. I'm glad they sorted their poo poo out, but I'll never not make burner accounts via temporary email addresses because of their dumbassery.

The paid creation club bundle has what seems like a comical amount of player homes, at least from the person I was watching play. They found like 3 homes over the course of a few hours. (Though, I think their chat might have been directing them towards AE specific stuff?)

It's also funny how they seem to come kitted out right off the bat and don't have the most involved requirements to get? Meanwhile vanilla houses are like "5000 gold for an empty room."

Didn't people pay real money to get CC content. Makes sense. It's like buying a yacht in GTA V, the jetskis and helicopter are included.

Meanwhile everyone else gets free fishing, survival mode and whatever else. Which is crap for all the irritation it caused.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
After fighting (and often winning) to keep up with updates from so many different sources while some refused to work and others caused crashes I finally got physics working and then a failure to launch on current build.

Deleted 300GB of assorted mods/tools/patches and installs. :feelsgood:

I got maybe half way through the game in the last 10 days and was having fun with it, started most mainline quests, about to find out what Saints and Seducers was but the constant interactions between updates in a medium/large build was too much.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

zhar posted:

I think there are at least three things that can be referred to as merging mods/patches which makes it all a bit confusing. Merging esp plugins to save space, making a new plugin containing merged leveled lists, and third I'm just remembering if you download a patch from the same page as the main mod file it tries to install in mod organiser with the same name, and asks to rename merge or overwrite which seems to be what Fat Samurai is asking about and I didn't realise before. I've never merged on that but it's probably personal preference, for me having a decently long modlist feels fragile and I want it to be as easy as possible to debug in case something breaks but it comes at the cost of having an even longer list in the UI.

If I'm understanding this right all you need to do to fix this (in MO2) is hit the drop-down arrow to the right of the duplicate name while you're installing and it will show you alternate/correct names for the patch.

Also helpful if you want the SE/AE addition or version number in the name. All of which you can type in yourself as well. But if you're burnt out on adding a ton of mods it can be annoying when the patches want to install under the same name for sure.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

They're not wrong. But OTOH circlets with hoods is real good.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Tankbuster posted:

Yeah as cool as ALLGUD is I think I am going to have to ditch it.

Question regarding a reinstall of Skyrim. After a fresh reinstall and then running the downgrader, what else will I have to do with the main installation folder to get everything going again? I know that SKSE goes in the main folder. What about things like bodyslide or other stuff?

Make sure your downgrade install stays consistent as more and more mods are patching up to the AE version. That's what made me give up and wait on racemenu and a few others rather than full reverse. It's gonna be inconsistencies either way.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Please everyone consider using Skyrim Horses Renewal or really any horse replacer.

I don't carry about what the load screens say about Skyrim horses being hardy or w/e, they look like Lego horses and move about as gracefully.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Midnight Voyager posted:

Horses can actually be shaped like that, you know?

Point(s) taken. But at least in say, RDR2 you can chose between draft horses and arabians and whatever else. With Skyrim it's just always these great chonking oafs. To each their own. :shrug:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

nine-gear crow posted:

Argh. I don’t know what happened, but somehow Mod Organizer 2 literally forgot my entire mod priority order and deactivated every mod I had installed, so now I have to manually re-sort over 1000 different individual mods. AND weed out like 50 mods I’d deactivated but hadn’t deleted yet from the mix too.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

No.

LOOT will obliviously wreck things though.

I mostly use it to see flags + solutions.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

nine-gear crow posted:

Nope. I legitimately don't know what happened. I started up MO2 while my computer was disconnected from the internet, and for some reason that caused it to throw a fit and disable every mod and then throw all of them out of their priority separator groups and into the "Delete these unused mods eventually, dumbass" category I'd set up at the bottom of list.

So maybe Nexus threw a fit with M02's API?

I'm just spitballing.

e: I'm totally backwards on this, M02 doesn't rely on Nexus that way.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Helith posted:

Quite often the engine spawns actors and creatures high up in the air and then they literally drop in.
And die.
I’ve had it happen to guards in Whiterun and Markarth and it can happen to Fralia Greymane too. I once walked into Whiterun and got a message that I’d failed the quest involving her and it was because she’d died from spawning up in the air. A reload sorted it out.
I’ve also been out on the Whiterun plains and had deer drop in front of me. Free meat!

Mammoths usually survive this since they have a lot of hit points or something. But spawning in to see them falling out of the sky is always a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDu7cz23Gqk

e: I guess they usually die too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

winterwerefox posted:

Well, I'm trying to use Wrye Bash and running into an issue with it even starting.

I've installed python for windows.
I've reinstalled the C++ 2010 and had it do a repair. tried the standalone install, both from the installer and the manual install.

All I could suggest is checking your PATH variables.

https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html#excursus-setting-environment-variables