Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Seems like a bunch of mods using AI voice acting are getting deleted off Nexus now which everyone knew would happen.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Agents are GO! posted:

Got a source on that? Not doubting you, I'd like to know more.

Besides the mentioned Serana mod, a Yennefer voice pack for DBVO was deleted / taken down (not sure which), a Fallout 4 mod that added more voiced player lines had the author remove them all(voluntarily according to their post), I saw mention of a Mass Effect mod for Jack (same VA as Fallout 4 Nora) was taken down. I don't have any links on hand besides this one for the Fallout 4 mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/69389

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Saw the There Is No Umbra mod on the hot files and thought I would check it out because having a floating sword fight with me seemed like a cool idea. Was not expecting the sword to get horny and turn into a flesh and blood woman never change modders.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I found myself pot committed because I had installed the mod and then played for 10 hours before actually starting it and then was hours deep before I thought hmmm this is weird. So I ended up just pushing through because I didn’t want to roll back my save that far. The writing around the characters and romance is pretty bad but there is some interesting thoughts around the periphery about the player and their actions in Skyrim and their relationship with the world. Pretty basic bandits have feelings too stuff but I remembering finding some of it interesting.

Mechanically it had a lot of things I hated about player made quest mods. Trying to get too complicated with the story they are trying to tell when their programming of it doesn’t live up to their goals. Often incredibly vague instructions with a real lack of quest markers. Someone will tell you a location once in dialogue and it will not be marked down in your journal at all and no quest marker. Encounters relying on very specific events that easily break. Quest objectives you are not told you need to do but are mandatory. I had to reload a ton to get the mod to work these issues were almost all in chapter three which just came out. Chapter one and two was far more polished. I would have dropped it a long time ago without the author having a walkthrough with common issues listed along the way so I guess good on them for that. I will say riding on the sword like a hover board is cool.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Like when Morrowind gave you a quest there was no quest marker true but it had the journal that said where it was and what landmarks are nearby and how to get there.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Went to use a new ENB and said to myself wow this looks terrible. Go to uninstall it and realize I put the files in the wrong folder and it wasn't in use.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Tankbuster posted:

meanwhile fallout 4 modding is people adding bespoke guns

It's crazy how barebones and basic Fallout 4 modding is. The tools just don't exist. Skyrim SE has so many addons that exist just to support further modding that open up so many possibilities and Fallout 4 has barely anything.

Back to Skyrim, anyone used https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19924 "Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul"? I started getting into survival gameplay using Sunhelm and Campfire(gently caress off for including an outdated PapyrusUtil SE DLL inside your mod what the gently caress were you thinking) and this looks pretty neat. I'm wondering if anyone has used it and if just nerfs alchemy into the ground or if it's less heavy handed. I kind of really want it because of a mod that goes with this mod to add coffee recipes. Looked on Nexus and saw a real lack of mods to let you use tobacco which is kind of shocking. It's even a canon plant it was in Oblivion.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Tankbuster posted:

Instead of caco consider using the simonrim alchemy mod. It has less compatibility hassles and doesn't try to change the alchemy tree outright but just rebalances alchemical reagents and even has a food module.

Yeah, but can I brew coffee with it?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Tankbuster posted:

dunno, I don't play survival mode. Are there no modern replacements for campfire?

What does Campfire have to do with alchemy overhauls?

The coffee has nothing to do with survival mode.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Has Nexus downloads been incredibly slow lately or is it just me? 1.4 gigabit connection and lifetime premium and it takes forever to download anything.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

nine-gear crow posted:

Nexus throttles its downloads to 1mb/s for non-premium users. Has for like three years now, maybe more.

I have lifetime premium as I said.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I ended up totally hating complete alchemy and cooking overhaul and decided drinking coffee wasn’t worth it.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Agents are GO! posted:

Can you gently caress the new animations?

It's mandatory.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I should probably switch from ENB to Community Shaders at some point, but it would mean going through my mod list and finding out what requires ENB and then what is dependent on that and it sounds like a lot of work.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

With the release of OAR I cannot think of any real reason to not be on the latest patch.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The problem with the deer is we killed off all their natural predators (dragons) and now they are breeding out of control and destroying the forests. Kyne knows what's up.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Decided to swap to Community Shaders because gently caress Boris and trying to load my save results in a CTD, but a new game works fine. I can't believe I'm starting again gently caress my life.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Community Shaders makes it so my FPS isn't total dogshit and I don't get stutters anymore completely worth starting a new game.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Ended up basically nuking my entire Skyrim install after getting sick of constant crashes I couldn't solve. None of the Wabbajack lists look interesting to me, so guess I am starting over.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Just do it now and then start a new save in September.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Zereth posted:

Is that a guess for when it'll be done or do you have some actual evidence?

Me misremembering what was said earlier in thread / September is the end of summer. It’s based off nothing.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

You won’t be able to use anything that uses SKSE. You still have a lot to choose from but will also be locked out of a lot of stuff.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Zereth posted:

Conversation pie is genuinely better than "just press a button and hope it goes right" from Morrowind

It makes very little sense that you have to do all four things every time but at least it's something you have a bit of control over (without doing something like a cheesy "fortify speechcraft and personality 100 points for one second" spell anyway)

Wait you guys actually did the minigame instead of hitting the bribe button?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Lockpicking mini game is better than the current one at least.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

They should bring it back.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I always appreciate the nsfw modders because they do sometimes push the general modding tech forward and do have a lot of talented people working on them. Sure this mod might give you bouncy tits or it could also give you a cloak billowing behind you.

Flowing Thot fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 26, 2023

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Just make the OP a link to the Wabbajack website and call it a day.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Splorange posted:

I concur, the users are easily the worst part. Nexus has strangely not been completely enshittified and they occasionally do good things moderationwise by not letting bigotry creep in.

I'm just waiting for when they're going to stop honoring the lifelong premium I bought waaay back when.

I've had lifetime stuff that keep honoring the lifetime in name only and then introduce new premium tiers above that that sorry the lifetime doesn't apply to this. Hope Nexus never does this.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The Starfield patch not involving the usual unofficial patch people I am hoping is a blessing.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

LOTD I love all the parts of filling my museum, but all the quests the museum adds are the most dogshit quests. The Sancre Tor dungeon is one of the worst mod added dungeons I've ever seen.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

My Fallout 4 install is around 400GB. Skyrim is only 250 or so.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Leal posted:

Here's to another 12 :cheerdoge:

Is TES VI that far away?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Started playing Helgen Reborn and wow this is some real edgelord grim dark poo poo huh. What a terrible mod.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Doing Bruma now and cool quest where a nobleman kidnaps a woman and she falls in love with him. loving Christ. Most of Bruma had been a lot better than that at least.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The paid mod update is here all your mods are broken hope you told Steam not to update.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

nine-gear crow posted:

That good old yearly "Bethesda breaks its own game again" update.

Now with new MTX.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Please don't forget the mods that authors will refuse to support the new paid mod store so they will never update their mod past 1.6.640.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

ThaumPenguin posted:

Performance improvements, native ultrawide, steam deck support? I certainly won't say no to that

Calling it native ultrawide is being extremely generous. They added the ability to the launcher instead of needing to edit an ini. The UI is still stretched out unless you mod it with a Sky UI ultrawide patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I feel like adding a new dungeon whole cloth might be out of scope for a bug fix mod, but I'm not a mod developer I guess.